Dynamic Handling package

jsnfla

Just purchased a 2020 aviator with the Dynamic handling package. Vehicle is 2 month old and has 1311 miles on it. The air springs deflated while sitting in  the garage overnight and the front wheels are resting on the wheel wells.  The vehicle cannot be moved and had to be towed. Four different tow companies were dispatched over 2 days  before anyone had the proper equipment and knowledge to move the vehicle.  Once at the dealer they indicated that this repair may take over 2 months to repair due to parts backorder.  To say the least I am not a happy customer. 

My question is has anyone one else experienced problems with the Dynamic handling package? Is this just a unicorm or sysptemic  of a larger ongiong issue?  Also looking for suggestion on how to handle compensation for a new vehicle being unuseable to two months ( monthly payment  supension and warrantly extension for the time under repair?)  any other suggestions or comments  are apprecaited. 

10 hours ago, jsnfla said:

Just purchased a 2020 aviator with the Dynamic handling package. Vehicle is 2 month old and has 1311 miles on it. The air springs deflated while sitting in  the garage overnight and the front wheels are resting on the wheel wells.  The vehicle cannot be moved and had to be towed. Four different tow companies were dispatched over 2 days  before anyone had the proper equipment and knowledge to move the vehicle.  Once at the dealer they indicated that this repair may take over 2 months to repair due to parts backorder.  To say the least I am not a happy customer. 

My question is has anyone one else experienced problems with the Dynamic handling package? Is this just a unicorm or sysptemic  of a larger ongiong issue?  Also looking for suggestion on how to handle compensation for a new vehicle being unuseable to two months ( monthly payment  supension and warrantly extension for the time under repair?)  any other suggestions or comments  are apprecaited. 

Hi jsnfla. Certainly not a larger ongoing issue. Just bad luck.

Concerning "compensation". What you want to try and negotiate is up to you. I completely understand your frustration and would be frustrated if it happened to me. However, keep in mind that you will be getting a free Lincoln loaner for the length of time your Aviator is in the shop. Yes, it is not your new Aviator (although the Dealer will likely try to put you in an Aviator to keep you happy), but you will not be without a vehicle. So negotiate, buy do not expect too much.

Perhaps try to negotiate a complementary LincolnProtect extended Warranty with your Dealer and/or Lincoln Concierge. You may have more luck with a LincolnProtect Plan than a suspension of monthly payments.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

BBF2530 -- they did deliever a loaner Contenential from enterprise rent a car. This vehicle has been used by a heavy smoker and i will be returning it today. They do not have a Aviator as a loaner so i am not sure what the next step will be. I appreciate your suggestion about the extended warranty.  

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jsnfla said:

Just an update -- My aviator has been inoperable since 8/16 and at the dealer since 8/18. Closing in on 30 days without a repair status.  Is anyone else having these proeblems -- i understand 47 avaiators have the same problem nationally. 

Not sure if you live in the USA - and if so, what state - but it sounds as though you’re also closing in on a ”lemon law” requirement for being out-of-service for repairs.

15 hours ago, jsnfla said:

Just an update -- My aviator has been inoperable since 8/16 and at the dealer since 8/18. Closing in on 30 days without a repair status.  Is anyone else having these proeblems -- i understand 47 avaiators have the same problem nationally. 

My suspension is working great so far... what is the part on backorder that failed?  Where did you find out about the 47 with the same problem?

The air suspension works great on my Aviator GT as well, or at least as designed at the factory.

My main complaint is that there is no button or touchscreen setting to manually adjust the suspension height without either changing the drive mode (requiring the engine to come on, which is unnecessary for a PHEV when the vehicle is parked) or by opening the liftgate. 

I found it really annoying when towing my boat and the vehicle stays at "ride height" after you park it and I just wanted to lower the back end a couple inches to make it easier to couple the trailer and had to either turn on the engine and put it in excite mode or open the liftgate to lower the back end.  Conversely when launching my boat, I wanted to raise the suspension a few inches to make sure no water went into the tailpipes and again had to change the drive mode to "deep conditions" mode to get the extra height which ofcourse forces the engine to turn on (again unnecessary in a PHEV with the battery charged).

Definitely would have been nice if they gave the driver separate controls to raise/lower the air suspension on demand (without changing the drive mode or requiring the engine to be on).  IMO one of the biggest advantages of having air suspension is to give the driver some control of the vehicle height as needed.

I think it was CoolScoop who also figured out that the Easy Entry/Exit doesn't quite work great either as it only lowers on entry not exit. 

Edited by rampagex7
  • Like 1

In response to CoolScoop -- the the part that failed was the airspring and seal kit. The parts are still on backorder (since 8/16) and the vehicle cannot be moved. The wheel liners rest on the tires (picture attached).  The service advisor told me that I was the 47th vehicle listed on the backorder request. 

Looks like we will be pursuing Texas lemon law assitance. 

front wheel spacing - post fault .pdf

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jsnfla said:

In response to CoolScoop -- the the part that failed was the airspring and seal kit. The parts are still on backorder (since 8/16) and the vehicle cannot be moved. The wheel liners rest on the tires (picture attached).  The service advisor told me that I was the 47th vehicle listed on the backorder request. 

Looks like we will be pursuing Texas lemon law assitance. 

front wheel spacing - post fault .pdf

Good luck.

I’m always amazed when a new vehicle that is currently in production has a defective part, and the manufacturer cannot provide a replacement part to the dealer so the vehicle can be fixed.

I bought a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4, and the RF shock leaked all of its fluid before the first oil change.  The dealer ordered the part, but it was on “national backorder” for quite some time, although the vehicle model year was still in production.  The part eventually arrived and was installed, but it was an irritating process.

Good luck with your lemon law repurchase process.

38 minutes ago, 1999 White C5 Coupe said:

I’m always amazed when a new vehicle that is currently in production has a defective part, and the manufacturer cannot provide a replacement part to the dealer so the vehicle can be fixed.

I bought a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4, and the RF shock leaked all of its fluid before the first oil change.  The dealer ordered the part, but it was on “national backorder” for quite some time, although the vehicle model year was still in production.  The part eventually arrived and was installed, but it was an irritating process.

Parts availability is always prioritized for the plants first so that production isn't interrupted.