"Early" Build and Price Up for 2021 F-150

10 minutes ago, MadManMoon said:

https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/2021/#/select/

Some interesting price increases here.  Spec'd out an equivalent 2021 to my wife's 2019, and the MSRP went from $64K to $73K, and only $2.5K of that is the PowerBoost powertrain cost.

These trucks are getting mighty pricey!

What did you build to see the PowerBoost powertrain option?

HRG

I watched a video on Youtube yesterday about the XLT vs. XL.  They mentioned a few things that were only available on the Lariat and above now available on the XLT's.  There have been quite a few options added on lower trims you could never get before.  You'd probably have to drop a few notches on the edition of the F150 if you truly want to compare with the exact same features.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, 92merc said:

I watched a video on Youtube yesterday about the XLT vs. XL.  They mentioned a few things that were only available on the Lariat and above now available on the XLT's.  There have been quite a few options added on lower trims you could never get before.  You'd probably have to drop a few notches on the edition of the F150 if you truly want to compare with the exact same features.

The big one for us is leather seats (three dogs, and it's far easier to get dog hair off a leather seat than out of cloth seats!), and that still starts at Lariat.

But your point is well-taken - the truck does seem to have more standard features than the previous generation, which always contributes to the increase in MSRP.  Plus inflation, of course.

32 minutes ago, MadManMoon said:

The big one for us is leather seats (three dogs, and it's far easier to get dog hair off a leather seat than out of cloth seats!), and that still starts at Lariat.

But your point is well-taken - the truck does seem to have more standard features than the previous generation, which always contributes to the increase in MSRP.  Plus inflation, of course.

If you can get the XLT at the right price just get Katzkin leathers to replace the cloth. Back in the day we did it for a few customers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadManMoon said:

I bought a 2018 XLT 302A and would have preferred leather and memory seats and auto hvac on the Lariat but at the time the price difference was over $8K.  But last year I saw some XLTs with factory leather seats.  But I don't see that in the 2020 order guide.  Maybe it was a regional option or dealer option.

14 minutes ago, akirby said:

I bought a 2018 XLT 302A and would have preferred leather and memory seats and auto hvac on the Lariat but at the time the price difference was over $8K.  But last year I saw some XLTs with factory leather seats.  But I don't see that in the 2020 order guide.  Maybe it was a regional option or dealer option.

A nephew of mine recently bought one of these XLT "Pure Michigan" editions with leather seats.

https://www.pauliford.com/F150-Pure-Michigan-Edition

HRG

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Leather has not been factory available on an XLT since I think 2014. The dealership I work at adds Katzkins to many STX and XLT F-150's. The 2021 addition of LED headlights, push button start, dual zone climate control and B&O sound system option makes the 2021 XLT 302A with aftermarket leather a great value proposition compared to the Lariat.

3 hours ago, MY93SHO said:

Yeah, they're putting Katzkins on them.  Town and Country Ford (Youtube) does that and lift kits, bumpers, etc. Dealer stuff, not factory.

That must have been it.  I thought it was a new factory option.

The reason for the $8K price difference from a loaded XLT to a base Lariat was mostly rebates.   $6K on XLT but only $1500 or less on Lariats.   The MSRP difference was only about $4K.