MODERATOR'S DEALERSHIP RESIGNATION NOTICE

ANNOUNCEMENT & NOTICE TO BOF MEMBERS… After nearly 35 years managing the new vehicle inventory and running the in-house advertising agency for the Dealer Principal’s automotive and non-automotive (real estate development, air charter, Arabian horses, etc.) interests over the years, in addition to my 15-year history in the entertainment business along with my advertising production background, I have resigned my position effective September 5, 2020.

I will still be available to provide services to the dealership as needed but don’t know how long afterwards that I’ll have access to the FMCDealer.com portal, the Ford Fleet site, etc. I’ll continue to provide my services here on BOF for as long as possible but wanted to let everyone know that my status will be changing soon.

I’ll upload the revised Ford and Lincoln Order Guides that are available as of September 1st and update the Production Scheduling Information that I provide weekly as long as I have access to that information. The same applies to providing vehicle Window Stickers.

I won’t disappear and will continue to provide whatever assistance I can to help the BOF members.

Now after all these years I have to become a customer and decide what to do for a vehicle to drive! I’m considering a “D Plan” 2-year, low mileage lease on the 2020 Mustang EcoBoost Fastback I’ve been driving (#101A, Automatic, Safe & Smart, Navigation). The other option is a 2020 EcoSport SES or Titanium AWD w/Navigation only because of the $6-7,000 incentives being advertised by Ford. I’ve driven nothing but Mustang’s for my company car since 2004 and driven GT’s 95% of the time but now I’m looking at it all from a consumer perspective… monthly payments, insurance costs, taxes, etc. I’ll probably do a deal on the Mustang but will still have to consider the options even though I really hate the idea of driving an SUV.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 10

1 minute ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Joey,

Sorry to read this but I guess congratulations are in order.  35 years is  a long run and I'm sure they will miss your contribution.   

In any case,  for sure will look forward  to your continued presence on BON?

Thanks so much! Just too many other opportunities to consider that can be more rewarding financially and a better use of my experience. 

FYI... I could do a lot of work for other dealerships but, as a matter of principal and my own credibility, I will not consider under any circumstances providing services to any other direct competitors. The other opportunities available are all non-automotive. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

Since you’re resigning, I hope that means you’ve got something interesting in the works.   Best of luck and hope you stick around and continue to contribute. 

I've got a lot to keep me busy for the next month or longer before I make any decisions regarding the new opportunities. Some I've already been involved in on an international basis. Don't worry, I'm still a a diehard Ford fan so I'll be around to contribute in any meaningful way I can. Thanks so much!

• Like 2

Congrats Ice, and best wishes on your next endeavor. I appreciate your contributions to this forum over the years, as they have been very insightful and helpful. Much respect for your principled position not to work for a competitor, although you could certainly do so.  

I’m glad to hear you have a number of opportunities available to you, and I hope they are highly rewarding.  I also hope to see your continued presence here on the board.  

Edited by tbone
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations and thank for your contributions on BON but know that  your insight,  perspective and fellowship

are valued way beyond the Ford information you've regularly provided. It's easy to forget that the years roll on and

people get older and we want to do different things in our later lives. Please stick around and post when you can.

• Thanks 1

all the best my brother...understand fully your decision, there are definitely better fiscal opportunities in other industries...to that I can attest, yet Im a creature of habit and still enjoy the job somewhat. Please stay in touch and all the best for the future. Cheers. Dean

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Sad to see you go as a resource but I'm glad you’re not planning on being a stranger around here. 

what’s next? 

I have a number of options available but won't make any decisions for at least another month. All of the opportunities are non-automotive and one is something that I've been involved with for over a year as a business consultant that has a lot of potential. In any event, I'll be able to better utilize my business background, set my own schedule, etc. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, ice-capades said:

ANNOUNCEMENT & NOTICE TO BOF MEMBERS… After nearly 35 years managing the new vehicle inventory and running the in-house advertising agency for the Dealer Principal’s automotive and non-automotive (real estate development, air charter, Arabian horses, etc.) interests over the years, in addition to my 15-year history in the entertainment business along with my advertising production background, I have resigned my position effective September 5, 2020.

I will still be available to provide services to the dealership as needed but don’t know how long afterwards that I’ll have access to the FMCDealer.com portal, the Ford Fleet site, etc. I’ll continue to provide my services here on BOF for as long as possible but wanted to let everyone know that my status will be changing soon.

I’ll upload the revised Ford and Lincoln Order Guides that are available as of September 1st and update the Production Scheduling Information that I provide weekly as long as I have access to that information. The same applies to providing vehicle Window Stickers.

I won’t disappear and will continue to provide whatever assistance I can to help the BOF members.

Now after all these years I have to become a customer and decide what to do for a vehicle to drive! I’m considering a “D Plan” 2-year, low mileage lease on the 2020 Mustang EcoBoost Fastback I’ve been driving (#101A, Automatic, Safe & Smart, Navigation). The other option is a 2020 EcoSport SES or Titanium AWD w/Navigation only because of the $6-7,000 incentives being advertised by Ford. I’ve driven nothing but Mustang’s for my company car since 2004 and driven GT’s 95% of the time but now I’m looking at it all from a consumer perspective… monthly payments, insurance costs, taxes, etc. I’ll probably do a deal on the Mustang but will still have to consider the options even though I really hate the idea of driving an SUV.

Hi ice-capades. You have been very helpful to myself and innumerable others over the years and I thank you for that. Hope you stay around as you say you will.

Best of luck in all your future endeavors.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Joe771476 said:

Good luck!  Just curious as to what segment of the entertainment business you were in.

Former Associations: Bob Thomas Ford (Advertising Manager & Director of Creative Services for TOP Associates representing Bob Thomas Ford, Northampton Ford, Pawling Ford, Bob Thomas Dodge, Portsmouth Hyundai, Sanford Farms Arabians, Sanford Farms Aviation, Trinity Land Trust, LegallyHarrington.com, 11UnionStreet.com),  Ice Capades (Performer, Assistant Audio Supervisor/Sound Design Consultant, Assistant to the Principal Skating Coach, Assistant to the Transportation Supervisor), IATSE - International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (Business Agent), SMPTE - Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers (Associate), Dolby Laboratories (Certified Installer - Motion Picture Theatre Sound Systems), Backstage Associates - Creative Production & Counsel for Theatrical Productions (President)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Former Associations: Bob Thomas Ford (Advertising Manager & Director of Creative Services for TOP Associates representing Bob Thomas Ford, Northampton Ford, Pawling Ford, Bob Thomas Dodge, Portsmouth Hyundai, Sanford Farms Arabians, Sanford Farms Aviation, Trinity Land Trust, LegallyHarrington.com, 11UnionStreet.com),  Ice Capades (Performer, Assistant Audio Supervisor/Sound Design Consultant, Assistant to the Principal Skating Coach, Assistant to the Transportation Supervisor), IATSE - International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (Business Agent), SMPTE - Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers (Associate), Dolby Laboratories (Certified Installer - Motion Picture Theatre Sound Systems), Backstage Associates - Creative Production & Counsel for Theatrical Productions (President)

Looks like you are due for a career change, you know, try something different for a change.

1 hour ago, Flying68 said:

Looks like you are due for a career change, you know, try something different for a change.

I may not retire completely and have a number of options available but won't make any decisions for at least the next 4-6 weeks. My first priority is dealing with my Mom's estate matters. She passed in March (non Covid-19) after I spent 5+ years being her caregiver due to her dementia and cardiac issues. 

• Sad 1