2016-2019 Escape

markfnc

When Ford did the refresh I think in 2017, they updated both engines.  They have a history of cracking the block and needing a short block engine replacement.  Symptoms are usually coolant loss.

So if you're buying one of those, you might want to check the service history to see if that has been done under warranty.

22 hours ago, MikeHTally said:

Better yet: take the money the contract will cost and put it in a savings account. If you need it, it'll be there. If you don't need it (more likely), it'll STILL be there.

It will be gone (and more) the moment the headgasket pops. Or the flywheel breaks. Or the converter kills the trans. Or the PTU blows up. Or the RDU clutch starts hanging up... the list goes on. You might get lucky. I *know* I wouldn't. CPO has ESP to 100k, as part of the certification. Even if you have to buy it, it is typically what, $30-$40 a month? That's what, a bottle of pop a day in cost? 

And that is not for some crappy aftermarket warranty that doesn't cover anything. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2020 at 5:21 PM, MikeHTally said:

So you'd spend money unnecessarily on a hope it'll fail? Not for me, thanks. Do you really believe all those things will happen?

I get them in case I get some weird electrical problem that seems unfixable. Tons of crap to go wrong. My Fusion Sport just up and 

shut off 4 times in the first 2 years. Luckily, it hasn't done it on well over a year. No codes ever......