Ford Could Sell The Bronco R To Customers If There’s Enough Interest

Ford Could Sell The Bronco R To Customers If There’s Enough Interest

Following a somewhat successful yet ultimately disappointing appearance at last year’s Baja 1000, the Ford Bronco R is all set to seek redemption at the legendary race this November. The racing version of the 2021 Ford Bronco was developed in just three months, then rushed to Baja, so it figures to fare much better this time around with a full year to prepare it. But it may not be long before we see not just Ford, but also privateer racing teams campaigning in the Bronco R, according to Autoblog.
Hau Thai-Tang, Ford’s chief product development and purchasing officer, recently admitted that the automaker is open to selling the Bronco R to customers. “If there’s interest, we’ll look into it. We’ve done that with our Mustang, and even our GTs,” Thai-Tang said.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/08/ford-could-sell-the-bronco-r-to-customers-if-theres-enough-interest/

4 hours ago, MY93SHO said:

The 2023 Bronco Raptor. You know, the one the Ford engineer had to take off his LinkedIn profile.

Yep, LinkedIn profile, the second most accurate source on the internet.  “Had to take off...”.  I’m certain that’s what happened.  We all know more Bronco variants are coming, but will any of those be called a Raptor?  Doubtful.   

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

If anything the "Raptor" name is being used as a place holder til a "real" name is used on it...people know what a Raptor is/does and its function as a range topper. 

Most likely that was the original internal name before Warthog.  But going forward it won't be a Raptor.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 3:15 AM, akirby said:

Most likely that was the original internal name before Warthog.  But going forward it won't be a Raptor.

Shame they couldn't do both, a desert runner and a mud beast.

Would sharing engineering and power modules across three T6 vehicles make for a better business case?

Edited by jpd80

4 hours ago, Broncofan7 said:

From the rumors about the next Everest, I have no doubt the update will make it far better than the already good current Everest.

The current Everest is not bad, it's just that we know that Ford can do a lot better

and maybe that will lead to broader audience appeall. Having more engineering

modules existing during the new Everest's development must open up the potential.

All I'm saying is that it may be easier to make the case for "Raptor" powertrain if

three different Vehicles  under development are grouped together and some will

go, Duh but sometimes vehicle development becomes myopic and stepping back

opens up a world of opportunity. It also fitted Jim Hackett's view of sharing modules.

Edited by jpd80

22 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

The current Everest is not bad, it's just that we know that Ford can do a lot better

modules existing during the new Everest's development must open up the potential.

All I'm saying is that it may be easier to make the case for "Raptor" powertrain if

opens up a world of opportunity. It also fitted Jim Hackett's view of sharing modules.

Everest will also be helped thanks to the Bronco. They can use pieces of the rear suspension mock up. 

Though I'd say Everest sales are far lower than they should be...they are still way higher than the last generation. Sales were up 4 fold globally over the old one. 

I'm sure Ford is aiming for further sales potential with the next one. 

10 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

Everest will also be helped thanks to the Bronco. They can use pieces of the rear suspension mock up. 

Though I'd say Everest sales are far lower than they should be...they are still way higher than the last generation. Sales were up 4 fold globally over the old one. 

Increased sales and much higher prices show that at least some buyers  will pay a premium for better vehicles,

it all flows from the very good work of T6 Ranger that took it from  from being just another Thai pickup to

a desirable vehicle naming its price.

2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

2 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

From some rumors I have come across from Australian news outlets, supposedly, the next Everest should have its new diesel engine as the base engine, the F-150 Powerstroke as an upgrade engine, and a hybrid based on the 2.3L. I know that is probably specific to the Australian market, but I think it shows Ford is really playing to win with the Everest. Plus, I'd imagine the regular 2.3L would return for other markets, potentially accompanied by the 2.7L from the Bronco and future Ranger (sharing parts there). A lot of options and interesting choices in the works here.

6 minutes ago, Broncofan7 said:

From some rumors I have come across from Australian news outlets, supposedly, the next Everest should have its new diesel engine as the base engine, the F-150 Powerstroke as an upgrade engine, and a hybrid based on the 2.3L. I know that is probably specific to the Australian market, but I think it shows Ford is really playing to win with the Everest. Plus, I'd imagine the regular 2.3L would return for other markets, potentially accompanied by the 2.7L from the Bronco and future Ranger (sharing parts there). A lot of options and interesting choices in the works here.

One of the important features of the new Ranger and Everest will be it’s filling out of the current shape, slightly squarer lines, less rounded.

38 minutes ago, Broncofan7 said:

I would assume it would get the plug-in hybrid like the Ranger is getting. 

I would wish Ford could bring the Everest here, but I don't see how they could handle the volume so not going to happen. I guess they could import from Thailand or India, but doubt they would due to the differences between the global and NA market versions would need. 

They could hammer the Wrangler and 4Runner all at once...