Ford Could Sell The Bronco R To Customers If There’s Enough Interest

51 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

I would assume it would get the plug-in hybrid like the Ranger is getting. 

I would wish Ford could bring the Everest here, but I don't see how they could handle the volume so not going to happen. I guess they could import from Thailand or India, but doubt they would due to the differences between the global and NA market versions would need. 

They could hammer the Wrangler and 4Runner all at once... 

Everest wasn’t  originally intended for Nth America and probably still isn’t but engineered for RHD and LHD so who knows what’s possible in the future but  I wouldn’t get hopes up

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

One of the important features of the new Ranger and Everest will be it’s filling out of the current shape, slightly squarer lines, less rounded.

I was actually going to say that in the article I mentioned, several drawings of what are supposedly the next Everest were shown. It appears to be slightly more boxy, with a bit of Bronco's window line and Expedition mixed in there in my eyes.

56 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

I would assume it would get the plug-in hybrid like the Ranger is getting. 

I would wish Ford could bring the Everest here, but I don't see how they could handle the volume so not going to happen. I guess they could import from Thailand or India, but doubt they would due to the differences between the global and NA market versions would need. 

They could hammer the Wrangler and 4Runner all at once... 

Agreed. I don't really think there is a high likelihood of coming to the U.S., but feel it would do well if it did. To add to your point, the Grand Cherokee could be a target as well.

11 minutes ago, probowler said:

Why do people want Ford to sell the Everest here? You want a less capable Bronco?

If anything, Ford needs to sell the Bronco wherever they sell the Everest.

Not saying they should not do that as well.

But there are some people that are not going to want a convertible...that is where the Everest would fit. 

22 hours ago, Broncofan7 said:

I was actually going to say that in the article I mentioned, several drawings of what are supposedly the next Everest were shown. It appears to be slightly more boxy, with a bit of Bronco's window line and Expedition mixed in there in my eyes.

Agreed. I don't really think there is a high likelihood of coming to the U.S., but feel it would do well if it did. To add to your point, the Grand Cherokee could be a target as well.

They're a little off base with the CGIs  but the general idea is right, more canopy effect.

Land Rover Defender is Explorer size it's boxy style vaguely resembles Bronco so if Ford

was able to do something similar with Everest for half the price, that would be good too.

The answer is more than likely, another Ranger stationwagon so can it step out of the shadow?

Edited by jpd80

15 hours ago, jpd80 said:

They're a little off base with the CGIs  but the general idea is right, more canopy effect.

Land Rover Defender is Explorer size it's boxy style vaguely resembles Bronco so if Ford

was able to do something similar with Everest for half the price, that would be good too.

The answer is more than likely, another Ranger stationwagon so can it step out of the shadow?

Everest certainly is in a unique place. Great opportunity for the nameplate.

On 9/4/2020 at 10:24 PM, probowler said:

Why do people want Ford to sell the Everest here? You want a less capable Bronco?

If anything, Ford needs to sell the Bronco wherever they sell the Everest.

Yes, at 10k less than a comparably equipped Bronco. Not everyone wants a BOF utility that can scale K2 and ford through Lake Superior. 

Kind of like how we have a Ranger because not everyone needs the capability of

a Super Duty

Edited by J-150

21 minutes ago, J-150 said:

Yes, at 10k less than a comparably equipped Bronco. Not everyone wants a BOF utility that can scale K2 and ford through Lake Superior. 

a Super Duty

Hell, I want a Ranger because I don't need the capability of an F-150, let alone Super Duty! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, J-150 said:

a Super Duty

That would make some sense... but with the bronco starting at 29k, could ford actually build and sell an Everest for 19k?  Or maybe the better question is, would they want to?

5 hours ago, probowler said:

That would make some sense... but with the bronco starting at 29k, could ford actually build and sell an Everest for 19k?  Or maybe the better question is, would they want to?

What happens when you produce a T6 SUV that doesn't have all of the extensive offloading features of the Bronco? You get a vehicles costing less.

3 hours ago, J-150 said:

What happens when you produce a T6 SUV that doesn't have all of the extensive offloading features of the Bronco? You get a vehicles costing less.

Right.... but you're missing the point; If Ford can't build a profitable $20k car to sell in America, how are they going to sell the larger Everest at that price point? How will they profit from it?