2022 Navigator refresh coming?

• 4 weeks later...

I just read through the 2021 order document someone posted and am shocked they didn't upgrade to sync 4.  The new F150 is getting sync 4 and it comes out before the 2021 Navigator?  I get that the F150 has much more volume but for a flagship SUV you'd think it'd have better tech than a truck.  I absolutely love everything about the Navigator but feel the tech should have been upgraded, it's just hard to drop 90k on it after seeing what the Escalade or even 2021 F150 has.

36 minutes ago, Crzich said:

I just read through the 2021 order document someone posted and am shocked they didn't upgrade to sync 4.  The new F150 is getting sync 4 and it comes out before the 2021 Navigator?  I get that the F150 has much more volume but for a flagship SUV you'd think it'd have better tech than a truck.  I absolutely love everything about the Navigator but feel the tech should have been upgraded, it's just hard to drop 90k on it after seeing what the Escalade or even 2021 F150 has.

F150 comes before Navi and Expy in the resource allocation process.  I’m sure they’ll get it next year.

10 hours ago, Crzich said:

If past history is any indication, Expedition and Navigator should be due for a refresh/update for MY2022. 

12 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Revised Exterior/Interior, new electrical architecture, powertrain updates, Sync 4, Active Drive Assist were all coming for the 2022MY.  Was a Q3 2021 launch but with the COVID shutdown timelines are all over the place.

If that's true that's far enough out it might not have been effected much if at all

37 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Revised Exterior/Interior, new electrical architecture, powertrain updates, Sync 4, Active Drive Assist were all coming for the 2022MY.  Was a Q3 2021 launch but with the COVID shutdown timelines are all over the place.

Powertrain updates? V8? ;) 

On 9/24/2020 at 11:31 AM, jasonj80 said:

For the sake of those of us who are not auto industry insiders, would you (or someone else in the know) explain, in layman’s terms, what “new electrical architecture” means with regard to a vehicle, please?  Thanks.

1 minute ago, 1984Poke said:

For the sake of those of us who are not auto industry insiders, would you (or someone else in the know) explain, in layman’s terms, what “new electrical architecture” means with regard to a vehicle, please?  Thanks.

The computer modules and wiring.  Nothing you see.  Think of it like trading in your 8 yr old computer for a new one.