2021 Lincoln Corsair Order Guide

If anyone can access and post on this Forum the 2021 Corsair Order Guide (hopefully it includes the GT model), I'd really appreciate it. I understand that production for the GT starts in November, and non-GT production starts in October. Many thanks...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reference the 2021 Corsair Order Guide:  Note there appears an "error of omission" pertaining to the 360 Camera, regarding the Grand Touring model. Page 2 (Major Features, including the GT) indicates the camera washer (F & R) is standard in the Co-Pilot 360 Plus Package 67B. But, on Page 11, regarding the GT, that package 67B description does not include the camera washer (F&R) language.

Hope someone can correct the Order Guide so the dealers can answer consumer questions that may come up do the conflict of information. My "guess" is the Grand Touring model with this 67B option WILL include the camera washers.

On 9/26/2020 at 4:34 AM, TxTom said:

Now that the order guide is available, one major change is that for the 2021, the 2.3 engine AWD option is only available with the Sport Option, not as an option to a Reserve that is not a Sport. Makes little or no sense!

The latest version shows two different 2.3L options and only one says Sport only.

^ @akirby, the area/row of the order guide you've highlighted pertains to option code "J2D', which is the option code for All-Wheel Drive on the Reserve model. In my opinion there is a typo here,  in that they neglected to insert the following text: Note: Only available when ordering Sport Pkg. (66U)

Two rows down (in the engine detail section) it's mentioned that the 2.3L engine is only available when ordering the Sport Pkg. (66U); it also mentions the 2.3L engine requires AWD (J2D).

The Sport Pkg itself (option code 66U) lists the 2.3L engine as being part of that package. IMO, for 2021 Lincoln is forcing us to specify the Sport Pkg if we want to have the 2.3L engine, whether we order the standard Corsair or a Reserve model.

- Richard 

Ok now I see what they’re doing.  I thought it was odd they repeated the engine tranny combinations.  The first 3 rows are just the body code and the last two are the actual engine tranny option so you’re correct it appears it only comes with the sport package.

I meant to say "rethink which Corsair I should consider." I need to see the actual performance of the GT (Under 6.5-7.0 seconds 0-60?), and if around that, probably my first choice. Otherwise, a Reserve 2.0 AWD, or maybe a 2.3 AWD Sport, in that order. I currently have 2X2019s, a 2.0 FWD MKC and a 2.3AWD MKC. Also looking at the Mustang Mach E Premium. Have one on order, but only a recent order, so not really an option for another year or so.

3 hours ago, MKC4ME said:

I have the 2.0 in my 2017 MKC and find it very adequate.  I will probably get a 2021 with the 2.0 when my lease is up next spring.  I would consider the GT for better performance but the economics don't make sense for me.

Not sure the GT will be faster because it has a naturally aspirated 2.5L.

57 minutes ago, TxTom said:

I meant to say "rethink which Corsair I should consider." I need to see the actual performance of the GT (Under 6.5-7.0 seconds 0-60?), and if around that, probably my first choice. Otherwise, a Reserve 2.0 AWD, or maybe a 2.3 AWD Sport, in that order. I currently have 2X2019s, a 2.0 FWD MKC and a 2.3AWD MKC. Also looking at the Mustang Mach E Premium. Have one on order, but only a recent order, so not really an option for another year or so.

Ok that makes more sense.  We’re considering the GT to get the plug.

Any info out there as to when the GT will show up in dealers? Read that production for the 2021 Corsair started 10/5, last Monday, and the GT starts 11/9. Can't find out if these are OK to Sell dates, or just early production to get certified, etc.?

4 hours ago, TxTom said:

Any info out there as to when the GT will show up in dealers? Read that production for the 2021 Corsair started 10/5, last Monday, and the GT starts 11/9. Can't find out if these are OK to Sell dates, or just early production to get certified, etc.?

The Job #1 Date (10/05/2020) was the start of regular production for the 2021 Lincoln Corsair. The "OK to Buy" doesn't happen until they reach 5 consecutive days of production with zero defects. Until then all units are held at the plant for potential repairs. Once the "OK to Buy" status is reach units will be released for shipping with units coming out of the plant being released immediately and then the backlog of units that were held at the plant. 

ice-capades,

Can you confirm the interpretation above that the Corsair no longer can be ordered with the 2.3/AWD option? And that the only way to get the 2.3/AWD is to order a 2021 Corsair is with the Sport Package? I'm pretty sure the dealers have missed this change, if it is the case.

Also, any timeline on the Grand Touring version? Is the info I've "heard" that production starts on 11/9 correct? Plus of course the ok to sell date to be established thereafter. And any news on when the 2021 Nautilus Order Guide will be posted? I think you have said previously maybe by end of October.

Many, many thanks,

Tom

19 hours ago, TxTom said:

ice-capades,

Can you confirm the interpretation above that the Corsair no longer can be ordered with the 2.3/AWD option? And that the only way to get the 2.3/AWD is to order a 2021 Corsair is with the Sport Package? I'm pretty sure the dealers have missed this change, if it is the case.

Also, any timeline on the Grand Touring version? Is the info I've "heard" that production starts on 11/9 correct? Plus of course the ok to sell date to be established thereafter. And any news on when the 2021 Nautilus Order Guide will be posted? I think you have said previously maybe by end of October.

Many, many thanks,

Tom

The 2021MY Lincoln Corsair order specifications are per the order guide available and posted.

I have no access to specific Lincoln scheduling information. The Job #1 Date information is for the start of regular production.

The 2021 Lincoln Nautilus USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is due to open on 10/23/2020 and the 2021 Lincoln Nautilus Order Guide should be available on or about that date. 

Edited by ice-capades

• 8 months later...