My Aviator experience

BriBoy

Allow me to share my Aviator Journey:

Ford announces the return of the Aviator. We are going to get one. Enter the billion dollar Explorer/Aviator debacle. No way are we getting one now. Decide on the GLE450 4Matic. Test drive, it's sporty, and amazing tech. 82 grand, ok, ouch. We want it from Germany, but they are built only in Alabama. Not a deal breaker. At least test drive the Aviator before going Mercedes. I step into the driver's seat, close the door, and the Mercedes was voted off the island.

OK how do we get a good one? Plan to visit the Chicago Auto Show and talk to the factory reps. That didn't happen. OK, keep researching. Learn to decipher the window sticker. Insist on seeing the odometer. Focus. Why are all of the Aviators at the dealers five, six months old? Look at the manufacturing date. August, September 2019? STAY AWAY. (now reading through these forums, and seeing all the problems and unhappy people). I love Lincoln. Been driving Lincoln since the 90's. Realize this is a brand new model. I have learned from Microsoft not to upgrade my Windows computer with a new OS until they come out with the first service pack. Use that mindset when looking for a car.

Don't just go buy one off the lot because it's such an awesome car and I want it now. This is a HUGE investment. I'm going to order one. I'm going to spare you my dealer experiences. Finally, I found a guy who actually listened to me, and strove to put me in the car I wanted, not the car HE wanted me to buy.

Order the car on March 4, 2020. Scheduled to Day March 26. Enter Covid, and factory shut-down March 19th. When the factory reopened, it did so running only two shifts, so cars are trickling out. My new scheduled to day is June 18. Frankie was built on June 23. We drove up to the dealer on July 9 to pick him up. (175 miles away, no pick up and delivery)

Frankie is perfect. Not one single issue. It is hands down the nicest car I have ever owned. I am so happy, so greatful, so thankful to have found such an awesome dealer who made me feel like a king. I can't say enough about Michael Goch at Pompano Ford Lincoln. I was lucky, but i feel I brought on that luck myself. I have no regrets, nothing but praise.

Thanks for reading my post.

IMG_1888.JPG

Edited by BriBoy
spelling error
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, rampagex7 said:

Congrats on your new Aviator!  Looks great, is that Magnetic paint?   I don't think I've seen one in magnetic before but it suits it well.

Thank you! That's Flight Blue. It looks like a different color everytime I look at it! Must be the sky. At the dealer it looked a lot more blue. Down here in the Keys it looks a lot more gray. Or my eyes... wait let's not go there lol

IMG_6061.JPG

15 hours ago, BriBoy said:

Thank you! That's Flight Blue. It looks like a different color everytime I look at it! Must be the sky. At the dealer it looked a lot more blue. Down here in the Keys it looks a lot more gray. Or my eyes... wait let's not go there lol

IMG_6061.JPG

I am in the Keys now too with my Aviator as I go back and forth between Big Pine and Naples.  Almost bought an Aviator from Pompano, or was it Doral Lincoln.  Talked with both but what they had that I wanted was an early build that was still available 9 months later.  Ordered mine from my dealer in Naples June 5th and picked it up July 31.  Loving it.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kartergreg said:

I am in the Keys now too with my Aviator as I go back and forth between Big Pine and Naples.  Almost bought an Aviator from Pompano, or was it Doral Lincoln.  Talked with both but what they had that I wanted was an early build that was still available 9 months later.  Ordered mine from my dealer in Naples June 5th and picked it up July 31.  Loving it.

Congratulations! I may have seen your Aviator at Winn-Dixie? I took my test drive at Doral, but didn't care for their management style. Pompano was first class all the way. What a wonderful drive for you, BPK to Naples. Cruising the Keys never gets old, and I bet you take Tamiami. See you around the island!

On 9/3/2020 at 9:23 PM, Kartergreg said:

Was at Winn-Dixie yesterday and a couple of times the week before last.  Pristine white with sandstone interior. Yep, Tamiami Trail to Krome to US1.

My place is in Eden Pines.

Someones else's Aviator, then! Sounds like a beautiful combo, pristine white and sandstone! Nice! We're in Pine Ridge, behind Blue Hole. I love living here!

On 9/2/2020 at 7:34 AM, BriBoy said:

IMG_6061.JPG

My Escape in Magnetic has a similar effect. If it's cloudy, the car's just gray. If it' sunny, the paint sparkles. The neatest effect is bright direct sun. The paint takes on some brown notes. Not normally a fan of dark paint in the Florida summer, but the light interior reduces the oven effect.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Interestingly we had 2 brand new Aviators that were lemons (Towards the end of 2019 and beginning of 2020)- received full refund and, in fact, got a Mercedes GLE! To be honest, we liked the Aviator a lot more and it was much more plush. Will reconsider the Aviator in a few years when they work out the kinks. Glad you have had good luck with yours- enjoy it!