NA Transit "abandoned" ?

theoldwizard

Other things missing from Transit that are on F150

• Electric Power Assist Steering
  • Electric Parking Brake

These were NOT installed because of customer demand, but because they provide better fuel economy or cost less.

And what is with Transits "eating" rear brakes ?  Are they just undersized, or did they have to use a "soft" material in order to get adequate braking ?  Most vehicles go through 2 or 3 sets of front pads before having to replace the rears !

1 hour ago, theoldwizard said:

Other things missing from Transit that are on F150

• Electric Power Assist Steering
  • Electric Parking Brake

These were NOT installed because of customer demand, but because they provide better fuel economy or cost less.

And what is with Transits "eating" rear brakes ?  Are they just undersized, or did they have to use a "soft" material in order to get adequate braking ?  Most vehicles go through 2 or 3 sets of front pads before having to replace the rears !

Hell, the ONLY reason I did the rear brakes on my Focus was because one of the bearings went bad (wheel bearing pressed into the drum). Wish I hadn't, the brakes never felt the same after that no matter what I did. 

4 hours ago, theoldwizard said:

There was (is ?) a company that made a DRW kit for E150-E350 that put the wheels outboard.  It even came with fender flares.  They replaced the lever that kicked the sliding door out.

The DRW converted E-Series vans used hinged doors, not sliders.  There's no way a slider would be able to clear that fender.  Ford doesn't offer hinged doors on the Mid & High roof Transits.

2014-Ford-E-Series-Van-Dually-2.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 9:11 AM, theoldwizard said:

I would not call that a "full floating" axle.  I always that that a full floater would retain the hub and wheel even it the axle shaft broke.

You are probably technically right. The weight of the van is supported by the wheel bearings in the hub (which most will consider full float) and the flange of the axle that bolts to the hub, but there is no actual load bearing except on the flange, not the axle shaft itself. There is no side loading on the axle due to the way the hub and axle flange meet, unlike the semi floats in half tons.  

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 1:20 PM, ice-capades said:

Here's the Window Sticker for a 2020 Transit 350 MR Passenger Van XLT AWD that was a retail order placed in January. It was delivered 07/29/2020 and now in stock after the customer cancelled. Nice vehicle but selling a pretty well equipped (MSRP = $57,780) Black Transit Passenger Van may not be easy.  

1FBAX9CG7LKA88166_WS.pdf

the turnaround time from order to delivery to Dealer is absolutely PATHETIC when it comes to the Transit...its even WORSE than the turnaround for thr TC which is Sopain along with subsequent shipping time...absolutely asinine.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 3:20 PM, ice-capades said:

Here's the Window Sticker for a 2020 Transit 350 MR Passenger Van XLT AWD that was a retail order placed in January. It was delivered 07/29/2020 and now in stock after the customer cancelled. Nice vehicle but selling a pretty well equipped (MSRP = $57,780) Black Transit Passenger Van may not be easy.  

1FBAX9CG7LKA88166_WS.pdf

Does it have adaptive cruise control?