2021 Lincoln Nautilus new interior?

5 hours ago, akirby said:

This was posted on Facebook by someone who claims it’s the 2021 Nautilus interior.  Claims he builds and tests them.  I didn’t think Ford would invest in a new interior with the new one on the way.  

86E0590A-6F70-448A-BFE2-B94BA0830122.jpeg

That is indeed the interior. Whoever posted that is not lying. It’s a FACT that that is the interior. I work at OAC no verification needed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, akirby said:

This was posted on Facebook by someone who claims it’s the 2021 Nautilus interior.  Claims he builds and tests them.  I didn’t think Ford would invest in a new interior with the new one on the way. 

Why wouldn't they...Lincoln restyled the nose of MKC for 2019 and then replaced it with Corsair.

32 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

Lincoln China has started sales of the locally produced Corsair and sales are starting up strong.

Aviator is about to launch as production has started.

Nautilus is following shortly thereafter. 

That’s what I heard. We will see after the contract what they plan to do with the Nautilus here.

Just taking a look at the dash shape/details, its VERY similar to what is in the Aviator-

86E0590A-6F70-448A-BFE2-B94BA0830122.jpegBlack Label - Chalet 3

Maybe dash sizes are similar to one another and they reusing them?
The drivers IP, dash center console and vents/vent controls are almost identical to one another. The Steering wheels are similar with different trims and the biggest difference is just the shape/materials of the lower center console.

Edited by silvrsvt

56 minutes ago, akirby said:

Because a new nose is less of magnitude cheaper than an all new interior.

The point being that they restyled it, then discontinued it after 1 year., so doing a new interior for say two model years is nothing. They did both a new nose and restyled interior in Fusion for 2010 and then redid the entire car for 2013.

5 minutes ago, twintornados said:

The point being that they restyled it, then discontinued it after 1 year., so doing a new interior for say two model years is nothing. They did both a new nose and restyled interior in Fusion for 2010 and then redid the entire car for 2013.

Im guessing maybe this is the interior for the all new Nautilus coming in a year or two so it’s not a throwaway.  I think the new one was originally due for 2021 anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JTL2017 said:

So is this a stopgap? We haven’t seen any prototypes testing on the road

Depends on what you mean by stopgap.

The exterior is basically the same.  The new Nautilus is due in a couple of years.  But I suspect the interior will carry over since it matches the other new utilities.

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Just taking a look at the dash shape/details, its VERY similar to what is in the Aviator-

86E0590A-6F70-448A-BFE2-B94BA0830122.jpegBlack Label - Chalet 3

Maybe dash sizes are similar to one another and they reusing them?
The drivers IP, dash center console and vents/vent controls are almost identical to one another. The Steering wheels are similar with different trims and the biggest difference is just the shape/materials of the lower center console.

I'm torn on this one.  There are a few small changes that make me want to think "hmm, ok, maybe"  but the timing is very odd.  Why on earth would this not have arrived with the refresh that it desperately needed?  And why would it arrive now?  Unless the next-gen is further out than thought?

Part of me wants to think this is just an Aviator with a Chinese-spec wider screen, and the start button was moved next to the piano keys to allow for the wider display.  The steering wheel looks to just be a "regular" Lincoln wheel.

The biggest question mark for me is the button control area, which looks more rounded at the corners than in the Aviator pictures.

The dimensions and proportions of everything else are too similar to me for this to be a Nautilus interior.  The Nautilus is 6" narrower than Aviator - the same proportions wouldn't fit for a copy paste.  Corsair, while a similar look, has noticeable differences.

Edited by rmc523

7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I'm torn on this one.  There are a few small changes that make me want to think "hmm, ok, maybe"  but the timing is very odd.  Why on earth would this not have arrived with the refresh that it desperately needed?  And why would it arrive now?  Unless the next-gen is further out than thought?

Part of me wants to think this is just an Aviator with a Chinese-spec wider screen, and the start button was moved next to the piano keys to allow for the wider display.  The steering wheel looks to just be a "regular" Lincoln wheel.

The biggest question mark for me is the button control area, which looks more rounded at the corners than in the Aviator pictures.

I believe that it's a stopgap product. I think the new nautilus is further out and Lincoln couldn't afford to keep the aging interior of the current nautilus. I don't think it's the aviator due to it having the same steering wheel as the current nautilus. You can also tell it has sync 4 and I'm willing to bet the aviator will get a mild refresh soon to incorporate the infotainment system and larger screen found here. 

Edited by JTL2017
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, akirby said:

Depends on what you mean by stopgap.

The exterior is basically the same.  The new Nautilus is due in a couple of years.  But I suspect the interior will carry over since it matches the other new utilities.

Yes, that what I meant.

Edited by JTL2017

Found a photo of the Chinese Aviator interior - you'll see that it has the same layout for the start button and piano keys.  The photo posted above (below the Chinese photo) does have a shorter, but wider screen than both ours and the Chinese model, and as I pointed out before, the only other difference (aside from the steering wheel) is the rounded infotainment control area.

865415.jpg

86E0590A-6F70-448A-BFE2-B94BA0830122.jpeg

Maybe they were able to just reuse the Aviator's dash and retain the center proportions but bring it in on the sides to reduce the width?  Or maybe Nautilus just gets really thin door panels?  The center console does look a bit thinner.

I wonder if this means it'll get some exterior changes as well?  I'd imagine they'll be minor if anything.