2021 Lincoln Nautilus new interior?

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

Maybe they were able to just reuse the Aviator's dash and retain the center proportions but bring it in on the sides to reduce the width?  Or maybe Nautilus just gets really thin door panels?  The center console does look a bit thinner.

I wonder if this means it'll get some exterior changes as well?  I'd imagine they'll be minor if anything.

I think the exterior changes are minor if anything at all. I'm glad they aren't just waiting until the next nautilus to make significant changes. It will be refreshing to see all the Lincoln crossovers getting the same interior design language. 

• Like 2

I'm guessing Ford put a bunch of money into Nautilus interior because it was relaunching it in China (with local production) so they wanted a relatively fresh looking interior. The Chinese market is fiercely competitive and you cannot leave a product unchanged on the market for more than 24 months or your sales will nose dive. 

Plus with the replacement cancelled (or basically super delayed and may never happen), Ford needed a second facelift to keep the car relevant. I'm curious what the Edge interior look like.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bzcat said:

I'm guessing Ford put a bunch of money into Nautilus interior because it was relaunching it in China (with local production) so they wanted a relatively fresh looking interior. The Chinese market is fiercely competitive and you cannot leave a product unchanged on the market for more than 24 months or your sales will nose dive. 

Plus with the replacement cancelled (or basically super delayed and may never happen), Ford needed a second facelift to keep the car relevant. I'm curious what the Edge interior look like.

Ford can’t afford to be complacent. Competition is thick so this was needed badly. The edge interior as you will eventually see has a vertical iPad like centre screen. 

53 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Ford can’t afford to be complacent. Competition is thick so this was needed badly. The edge interior as you will eventually see has a vertical iPad like centre screen. 

Is it different than the current Chinese market Edge?

overlay-3.jpg1024x0_1_q95_autohomecar__ChcCP11MAnmAOe

1 hour ago, JTL2017 said:

Is it similar to the Explorer screen?

I’d imagine it’s probably the same unit but integrated somewhere between the Chinese Edge and our Explorer....somewhat more integrated than our Explorer, but maybe sticking up slightly to allow for traditional button controls below it.  US buyers like their buttons

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JTL2017 said:

This definitely makes me wonder what the MCA Navigator will look like.  

Me too.  Im guessin the 2023 nav will change interior design to be more angular like the aviator with a 12" screen, like the nautilus.  W I th the escalade coming in a few months, the freshness is much needed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dlcorbett said:

Me too.  Im guessin the 2023 nav will change interior design to be more angular like the aviator with a 12" screen, like the nautilus.  W I th the escalade coming in a few months, the freshness is much needed.

To be honest, the MCA navigator needs more than that. I love the current navigator, but competition is fierce in that segment. It needs to really stand out.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Nope. Don't know that name. 

I heard that this guy got in big shit for posting this on Facebook! Dearborn was unhappy and it has been removed from the Ford Oakville Workers site as well!! That’s what I was told. I don’t know the punishment. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

I heard that this guy got in big shit for posting this on Facebook! Dearborn was unhappy and it has been removed from the Ford Oakville Workers site as well!! That’s what I was told. I don’t know the punishment. 

That's it? I'm surprised they didn't try to fire him. That's a HUGE no-no. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Word is Ford was supposed to be first for us last year until Terry Dittes decided to take his personal vendetta out on GM. 

Unifor chose GM first last time and it resulted in GM Oshawa getting bodies from Fort Wayne to continue old Silverado then BOOM GM breached the contract and closed Oshawa before contract expired! Anyways since GM CAMI doesn’t negotiate when we do I think the target will either be us or FCA. New product is Unifors most pressing agenda. Didn’t that Dittles guy get into some trouble???

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's it? I'm surprised they didn't try to fire him. That's a HUGE no-no. 

I’ll try and find out what the penalty was. Yes that is a huge no no! Taking a picture of a new product with your name on the posting on Facebook?!?! You guys all know FOMOCO’s policy of in plant pics! 

Unifor chose GM first last time and it resulted in GM Oshawa getting bodies from Fort Wayne to continue old Silverado then BOOM GM breached the contract and closed Oshawa before contract expired! Anyways since GM CAMI doesn’t negotiate when we do I think the target will either be us or FCA. New product is Unifors most pressing agenda. Didn’t that Dittles guy get into some trouble???

Not that I'm aware of. There were whispers he was involved in the scheme with Dennis Williams and Gary Jones somehow but I think he was cleared of any wrongdoing. He did spearhead the strike against GM last year. 

I’ll try and find out what the penalty was. Yes that is a huge no no! Taking a picture of a new product with your name on the posting on Facebook?!?! You guys all know FOMOCO’s policy of in plant pics! 

There's been plenty of opportunity for me to take and post pictures of Bronco parts well before the reveal but I know better. I could have posted CAD drawings 2 years ago but again, I know better. 

• Like 2

It's great that they are updating the Nautilus interior to the new Lincoln theme, but what I don't get is why they are keeping the existing Nautilus steering wheel and not updating it to the same style as the Aviator. 

My boss has a 2019 Nautilus and I hate the steering wheel in it, the leather wrap feels cheap and fake and the button placement is awkward compared to the previous MKX steering wheel and is no comparison to the new Aviator wheel.  I love my Aviator's steering wheel with the illuminated buttons that fade out when not in use and the dual 4-way control sticks work fantastic.  I don't understand why they would put the Aviator steering wheel in the new Corsair interior but not the updated Nautilus interior?  Isn't the Nautilus supposed to be higher in the pecking order and therefore should get a better steering wheel?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rampagex7 said:

It's great that they are updating the Nautilus interior to the new Lincoln theme, but what I don't get is why they are keeping the existing Nautilus steering wheel and not updating it to the same style as the Aviator. 

My boss has a 2019 Nautilus and I hate the steering wheel in it, the leather wrap feels cheap and fake and the button placement is awkward compared to the previous MKX steering wheel and is no comparison to the new Aviator wheel.  I love my Aviator's steering wheel with the illuminated buttons that fade out when not in use and the dual 4-way control sticks work fantastic.  I don't understand why they would put the Aviator steering wheel in the new Corsair interior but not the updated Nautilus interior?  Isn't the Nautilus supposed to be higher in the pecking order and therefore should get a better steering wheel?

It's also theoretically possible that this is a preproduction one that used some parts that were around and could very well get the newer Aviator one for production?  Just speculating there, though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

There's been plenty of opportunity for me to take and post pictures of Bronco parts well before the reveal but I know better. I could have posted CAD drawings 2 years ago but again, I know better. 

They would’ve had your head forsure if you did that. Wise decision not to share that