2021 Lincoln Nautilus new interior?

12 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not that I'm aware of. There were whispers he was involved in the scheme with Dennis Williams and Gary Jones somehow but I think he was cleared of any wrongdoing. He did spearhead the strike against GM last year. 

Ya a month long strike that didn’t achieve much more  when the smoke settled. GM CAMI went on strike for a month up here and then GM threatened to move all equinox production to Mexico and Spring Hill. They closed Oshawa anyways which was gonna happen eventually anyways. Jerry Dias wants our contract to be 3 years to align with UAW! How about that one?? Doubt that will happen.

Edited by Oacjay98

15 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Ya a month long strike that didn’t achieve much more  when the smoke settled. GM CAMI went one strike for a month up here and then GM threatened to move all equinox production to Mexico and Spring Hill. They closed Oshawa anyways which was gonna happen eventually anyways. Jerry Dias wants our contract to be 3 years to align with UAW! How about that one?? Doubt that will happen.

Yeah good luck with that Jerry ?

2 hours ago, akirby said:

The bigger question is why hasn’t Ford announced this yet?  Job 1 is only 4 months away.  Or are they waiting for Bronco mania to subside?

When UNIFOR comes out and says they have secured an update to the Edge/Nautilus and kept the plant open for the next 3 years. 

15 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

When UNIFOR comes out and says they have secured an update to the Edge/Nautilus and kept the plant open for the next 3 years. 

Every  damn contract is securing product. Phase out flex/mkt perfectly at the end of 2019. Then supposedly nautilus done July 2024. All around contract time! UAW gets good contract we get screwed over with some damn pandemic and fight for scraps. Our labor costs are no higher than yours. Our dollar is shit, I think we deserve something. You guys got 9000 signing bonus US. That’s like 12000 Canadian I’ll be surprised if we get the same 6000 Canadian we got the last time. I’m sure Jerry Dias is happy there won’t be no ratification meeting due to COVID, we booed the hell out of him last time!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Every  damn contract is securing product. Phase out flex/mkt perfectly at the end of 2019. Then supposedly nautilus done July 2024. All around contract time! UAW gets good contract we get screwed over with some damn pandemic and fight for scraps. Our labor costs are no higher than yours. Our dollar is shit, I think we deserve something. You guys got 9000 signing bonus US. That’s like 12000 Canadian I’ll be surprised if we get the same 6000 Canadian we got the last time. I’m sure Jerry Dias is happy there won’t be no ratification meeting due to COVID, we booed the hell out of him last time!!!

It is a different world than last year, Diaz is fighting for the future of the Canadian auto industry and is in a very tough spot, even before COVID. There is no leverage anymore for the union to hold, look at GM at CAMI, they almost lost the plant and had to put their tail between their legs to settle it.  There is a set number and Ford/Company knows what it will cost to build there vs moving to plants in the US /Mexico or even Europe. They can meet that number with Government help and union contracts. They don't make those numbers, they will pickup and leave. The union knows that number as well, the pony show is to show the membership they fought for them. The Union is also smart to try and get the contact move to align with the US however it is all a numbers game at the end of it. 

Canada could very well go the way of Australia with the auto industry; 25 years ago it was almost 1/2 the cost to build in Canada, 15 years ago it was only 1/3 cheaper to build in Canada, today it is 3% more expensive and that gap is growing and becoming more and more expensive. Also if Wynne was still in power the plant would all be closed, as would most automotive plants. No way with the Cap & Trade and the carbon tax the numbers would/could work. 

19 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

It is a different world than last year, Diaz is fighting for the future of the Canadian auto industry and is in a very tough spot, even before COVID. There is no leverage anymore for the union to hold, look at GM at CAMI, they almost lost the plant and had to put their tail between their legs to settle it.  There is a set number and Ford/Company knows what it will cost to build there vs moving to plants in the US /Mexico or even Europe. They can meet that number with Government help and union contracts. They don't make those numbers, they will pickup and leave. The union knows that number as well, the pony show is to show the membership they fought for them. The Union is also smart to try and get the contact move to align with the US however it is all a numbers game at the end of it. 

Canada could very well go the way of Australia with the auto industry; 25 years ago it was almost 1/2 the cost to build in Canada, 15 years ago it was only 1/3 cheaper to build in Canada, today it is 3% more expensive and that gap is growing and becoming more and more expensive. Also if Wynne was still in power the plant would all be closed, as would most automotive plants. No way with the Cap & Trade and the carbon tax the numbers would/could work. 

How is it 3 percent more expensive to build in Canada with our 76 cent value to the greenback???

Edited by Oacjay98

51 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

That's part of the reason US plants are where they are also....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oacjay98 said:

Hydro costs in Ontario are high I know that much. Wages???? Similar right with exchange rate??

There is way more than just that, wages are close but do fluctuate and don't always take into payroll taxes and other taxes; Canada is now more expensive where they were cheaper, when you're dealing with billions dollars over the many years that a major plant investment would see a 2%-4% flux can be hundreds of millions of dollars. You then have to deal with how profits are taxes when they come back to the US and what the rate is then; add in cross boarder transportation and customs as well as origin of county for parts. It all can be done, its just not as simple as someone in the US makes $25 and someone in Canada makes $33. Same goes for Mexico, Europe, India etc. 

Even in the US, someone that works in a higher tax area may be paid extra on the company side to makeup those taxes so that they and another worker actually take home the same amount of pay. To the worker it is the same amount, to the employer it is an extra $2500 a year per employee in that location. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Even in the US, someone that works in a higher tax area may be paid extra on the company side to makeup those taxes so that they and another worker actually take home the same amount of pay. To the worker it is the same amount, to the employer it is an extra $2500 a year per employee in that location. 

It's no accident automotive mfrs are building new plants in the southeast - cheaper wages, property taxes, etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jasonj80 said:

There is way more than just that, wages are close but do fluctuate and don't always take into payroll taxes and other taxes; Canada is now more expensive where they were cheaper, when you're dealing with billions dollars over the many years that a major plant investment would see a 2%-4% flux can be hundreds of millions of dollars. You then have to deal with how profits are taxes when they come back to the US and what the rate is then; add in cross boarder transportation and customs as well as origin of county for parts. It all can be done, its just not as simple as someone in the US makes $25 and someone in Canada makes $33. Same goes for Mexico, Europe, India etc. 

Thanks for the breakdown. 

• Like 1

I prefer the facia on my 2019 but the potential new one looks like it will be easier to clean and wax.  Yea, i look at stuff like that.  It's great that the 2019 has gloss black accents up front, don't need to mask off when waxing. Just the extreme bottom and the lower portions of the doors/fenders, piece of cake.  I like the new dash, but pretty busy vs mine, would it keep me from purchasing a 2021...absolutely not.  Keep up the good work Ford.

20200719_065338.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/1/2020 at 11:55 PM, akirby said:

This was posted on Facebook by someone who claims it’s the 2021 Nautilus interior.  Claims he builds and tests them.  I didn’t think Ford would invest in a new interior with the new one on the way.  

86E0590A-6F70-448A-BFE2-B94BA0830122.jpeg

Unlike the P-R-N-D arrangement on the 2020 Navigator, Aviator and Corsair, I notice they've added an "S" piano key to the transmission piano key array on the 2021 Nautilus. I like this! ? As well, it appears they've located the engine start button to the left of the P (Park) piano key.

I'm sure the steering wheel they'll use won't be the one depicted in the above photo - it will likely be the same one found in the Aviator and Corsair.

I'm liking the 10.1-inch infotainment touchscreen brought over from the Aviator. Or is this screen even larger than the one in the Aviator? Perhaps a 12-inch screen?

I wonder if a HUD unit will be available on the '21? I'm guessing it will be.

Edited by rbreeze

On 9/2/2020 at 7:16 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's it? I'm surprised they didn't try to fire him. That's a HUGE no-no. 

I heard that the guy who took these pictures of the Nautilus interior was indeed fired. Horrible but it’s not very smart to post pics of unreleased vehicles. Dearborn is serious about that stuff! 

^ Well, if the guy was genuinely fired for the photo(s), then there must be some truth that the 2021 Nautilus will indeed have a new interior.

I guess we'll learn more about the new interior when Lincoln releases the order guide for the '21 Nautilus - around the end of October? According to Donlen.com production of the '21 Nautilus will begin Jan. 25, 2021. Same production start-up date for the 2021 Edge. Both vehicles will likely get Sync 4.

Edited by rbreeze

Here is the thing. 

If you want to be an insider, you have to be invisible. What I mean is VPN, remove all meta data from photo, and don’t post anything from home computer or network. Also, don’t have evidence on you. 

Note, I’m not advocating doing this but if you can’t resist be smart about it. Don’t lose your job over it.

33 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Here is the thing. 

If you want to be an insider, you have to be invisible. What I mean is VPN, remove all meta data from photo, and don’t post anything from home computer or network. Also, don’t have evidence on you. 

Note, I’m not advocating doing this but if you can’t resist be smart about it. Don’t lose your job over it.

AGREED!! Also, don’t post it on Facebook!!!

1 hour ago, rbreeze said:

^ Well, if the guy was genuinely fired for the photo(s), then there must be some truth that the 2021 Nautilus will indeed have a new interior.

I guess we'll learn more about the new interior when Lincoln releases the order guide for the '21 Nautilus - around the end of October? According to Donlen.com production of the '21 Nautilus will begin Jan. 25, 2021. Same production start-up date for the 2021 Edge. Both vehicles will likely get Sync 4.

It’s true! That’s the interior! Plain and simple. 

• Like 2