2021 Lincoln Nautilus new interior?

7 hours ago, rbreeze said:

^ Well, if the guy was genuinely fired for the photo(s), then there must be some truth that the 2021 Nautilus will indeed have a new interior.

I guess we'll learn more about the new interior when Lincoln releases the order guide for the '21 Nautilus - around the end of October? According to Donlen.com production of the '21 Nautilus will begin Jan. 25, 2021. Same production start-up date for the 2021 Edge. Both vehicles will likely get Sync 4.

Order bank opens on 10/23/2020 so we should have the order guides around that time. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

Here is the thing. 

If you want to be an insider, you have to be invisible. What I mean is VPN, remove all meta data from photo, and don’t post anything from home computer or network. Also, don’t have evidence on you. 

Note, I’m not advocating doing this but if you can’t resist be smart about it. Don’t lose your job over it.

And don't be like me and accidentally leave a trail of breadcrumbs for them to figure out your identity 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 12:21 AM, rmc523 said:

You can see the tablet screen in the one on the right.

2021 Edge is getting SYNC 4 and 12-inch center stack screen... from Ford Media Center:

"Reverse sensing system is now standard on all series. A power liftgate replaces hands-free foot-activated liftgate on the Convenience Package and ST-Line. SYNC® 3 has been updated to SYNC 4 with 12-inch center stack multifunction screen. Six speakers come standard on SEL and ST-Line. Manual-folding mirrors with power/heated glass with security approach lamps and LED signal indicators added to Convenience Package for SEL only. Edge ST adds standard six-way power passenger seat and heated steering wheel.  2021 Edge features new acoustic-laminated front row side windows, which help reduce road noise. Eight-way power driver’s seat and four-way passenger seat is standard on SEL. Six-way power passenger seat is standard on Titanium and ST. A heated steering wheel is optional on SEL and ST-Line and included on ST. Steering column power tilt and telescoping with memory is available on Titanium.   New colors: Carbonized Gray, Lithium Gray"

1 hour ago, CoolScoop said:

2021 Edge is getting SYNC 4 and 12-inch center stack screen... from Ford Media Center:

"Reverse sensing system is now standard on all series. A power liftgate replaces hands-free foot-activated liftgate on the Convenience Package and ST-Line. SYNC® 3 has been updated to SYNC 4 with 12-inch center stack multifunction screen. Six speakers come standard on SEL and ST-Line. Manual-folding mirrors with power/heated glass with security approach lamps and LED signal indicators added to Convenience Package for SEL only. Edge ST adds standard six-way power passenger seat and heated steering wheel.  2021 Edge features new acoustic-laminated front row side windows, which help reduce road noise. Eight-way power driver’s seat and four-way passenger seat is standard on SEL. Six-way power passenger seat is standard on Titanium and ST. A heated steering wheel is optional on SEL and ST-Line and included on ST. Steering column power tilt and telescoping with memory is available on Titanium.   New colors: Carbonized Gray, Lithium Gray"

Hmm.  That'd mean a whole new dash too then, no?  I don't see how they're fitting the 12" screen in what's there now.

Or at least heavily revised center stack.

19 minutes ago, JTL2017 said:

Someone might have asked this before but when are they going to announce these refreshed models? It would have to be pretty soon.

^ I would guess around the end of October, when the Order Guide is set to be released.

Edited by rbreeze

12 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Hmm.  That'd mean a whole new dash too then, no?  I don't see how they're fitting the 12" screen in what's there now.

Or at least heavily revised center stack.

They could just use the Chinese market interior... But given the car is now supposed to go on to 2024, I'd try to invest in a completely new interior. But this is Ford so who knows.

overlay-3.jpg

54 minutes ago, bzcat said:

They could just use the Chinese market interior... But given the car is now supposed to go on to 2024, I'd try to invest in a completely new interior. But this is Ford so who knows.

overlay-3.jpg

Eh, Ford models haven't been given much love with interior refreshes, so it wouldn't totally surprise me if that's all they did.

35 minutes ago, akirby said:

That’s what I said but everyone said that screen was too big.  I bet it’s very similar to the Chinese version.

Too few buttons for the US market for something that's not an EV where then you can seemingly get away with it.

If they had said the 10.4" screen, I figured they'd just put the Explorer's screen in the center like that.  But they said 12"

5 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

If they had said the 10.4" screen, I figured they'd just put the Explorer's screen in the center like that.  But they said 12"

It’s probably a 12” portrait mode with normal hvac and other buttons below.  That’s why I said similar not exactly the same as the Chinese version.

Attn Admins/Moderators:  Any particular reason this thread is in the 'Ford Motor Company Discussion Forum' instead of the 'Lincoln Motor Company Discussion Forum'? Just curious, as I'm keenly awaiting news about the '21 Nautilus and typically go directly to the Lincoln Forum.

- Richard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rbreeze said:

Attn Admins/Moderators:  Any particular reason this thread is in the 'Ford Motor Company Discussion Forum' instead of the 'Lincoln Motor Company Discussion Forum'? Just curious, as I'm keenly awaiting news about the '21 Nautilus and typically go directly to the Lincoln Forum.

- Richard

Because Lincolns are still made by the Ford Motor Company and it’s just easier to have all the discussions in one forum.  We decided to delete the Lincoln forum a couple of years ago but never followed through with it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

Also I believe it is in a Ford forum due to it starting out discussing a Ford employee taking unauthorized photographs and posting them on the internet.

Nah the OP was just being lazy and stuck it here where more folks would see it.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Nah the OP was just being lazy and stuck it here where more folks would see it.

I tend to post Lincoln stuff in here too because 1) like you said, it's part of the company, and 2) many more people will see it here vs. the few that go seek out the Lincoln section.

• Like 2