2021 Lincoln Nautilus new interior?

51 minutes ago, Alex D. said:

All 2019s and 2020s have an 8-speed regardless of trim. That said, the ST does currently have a different 8-speed than the non-St trims. I can't recall the transmission code designations though. I believe the non-ST trims use the joint venture w/ GM 8-speed (minus a gear -- the GM version has 9 speeds) while the ST transmission is an evolution of an earlier 6 speed albeit with 2 added ratios. 

Correct.  8F35 for the 2.0L and 8F57 for the ST.

i wonder if they changed the 8F57 from 8 to 7 gears.  The ST guys complained a lot about 2 of the gears being too close together.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Unless they changed it for some godforsaken reason the order guide is wrong. It's an 8 speed, a friend of mine has one.  

The current one (2019/2020) is an 8-speed (ST and Nautilus 2.7) , I wonder if they are just reprogramming it for 2021 to eliminate the shutter they seem to have at times. The 2021 Nautilus has the 8-speed listed for the 2.7L as well so maybe it is an error or that's how they are going to show a difference between the ST and the Nautilus. 

36 minutes ago, akirby said:

Correct.  8F35 for the 2.0L and 8F57 for the ST.

i wonder if they changed the 8F57 from 8 to 7 gears.  The ST guys complained a lot about 2 of the gears being too close together.

It could still be the exact same trans just now programmed to skip the one gear set. 

1 -- 4.48
2 -- 3.15
3 -- 2.87

4 -- 1.84

5 -- 1.41

6 -- 1

7 -- .74

8 -- .62

They could just program it to skip 7th gear now.  If you're passing on a highway you'd kick down to 5/6 anyways. 

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ewwwww. I didn't notice that at first. No thanks to that, give me buttons. 

Yeah, don't like that at all.  I can guarantee my wife will not go for that for the new lease. Which may point her to the Nautilus since judging by the spy pics in this thread, it retains the physical HVAC controls.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anthony said:

Yeah, don't like that at all.  I can guarantee my wife will not go for that for the new lease. Which may point her to the Nautilus since judging by the spy pics in this thread, it retains the physical HVAC controls.

I would even take a redux of the touchpad "buttons" or whatever they're called in my Flex as much as I hate those. 

2 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

It could still be the exact same trans just now programmed to skip the one gear set. 

1 -- 4.48
2 -- 3.15
3 -- 2.87

4 -- 1.84

5 -- 1.41

6 -- 1

7 -- .74

8 -- .62

They could just program it to skip 7th gear now.  If you're passing on a highway you'd kick down to 5/6 anyways. 

So they took the 6-speed, added two gears to make it an 8-speed and now they’re going to remove one gear (electronically or otherwise) to make it a 7 speed?  That doesn’t seem right although adding 2 gears to the existing 6-speed for 2019 didn’t seem right either.  But if it performs better I guess it doesn’t matter.  

This review has an informative segment on the 6-speed vs 8-speed.   Starts around 7:44

As for the decontenting, I guess that 12” standard screen came at a pretty hefty price.  Unless there is a significant price drop this is not going to help sales.  And as time goes on the purpose of the Edge in the lineup becomes more and more confusing. 

10 hours ago, bzcat said:

Maybe the 7 speed auto thing is a typo?

Can't imagine Ford would change the transmission on the ST. That means they have to redo all the EPA and CARB certification on a low volume product. That costs a lot of money.

Unlikely. It's specifically listed as a Mechanical Change:

image.png.357a1944fa69da8dcdc745de37468ead.png

17 hours ago, Anthony said:

Not sure I like that ALL the HVAC buttons have been relegated to the touchscreen (except for max defrost(??)

17 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ewwwww. I didn't notice that at first. No thanks to that, give me buttons. 

In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter if car has automatic climate control?

The only thing I've really touched on my cars with automatic climate control is adjusting the temperature here and there when its 50-60 out and 70 feels too cool because the AC is running to dehumidify the air.  

7 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter if car has automatic climate control?

The only thing I've really touched on my cars with automatic climate control is adjusting the temperature here and there when its 50-60 out and 70 feels too cool because the AC is running to dehumidify the air.  

I don't want to have to thumb through touchscreen menu(s) just to adjust the temperature. If it ain't broke, don't fix it but they "fixed" it anyway. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, FR739 said:

And as time goes on the purpose of the Edge in the lineup becomes more and more confusing. 

Judging by the decontenting, fleet queen, subsidized leases and rental cars seems to be the plan as its running out. The Edge is once again going to be a product Ford had built up over 10 years and let it die however between the MME,  New Electric and Bronco you can probably convert 80%+ of those buyers somewhere in the Ford lineup. The Nautilus is going to be considerably harder.

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I don't want to have to thumb through touchscreen menu(s) just to adjust the temperature. If it ain't broke, don't fix it but they "fixed" it anyway. 

Even on Sync2, you hit one quadrant and your in temp control screen. Guess we will see how its handled on Sync4

2 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Judging by the decontenting, fleet queen, subsidized leases and rental cars seems to be the plan as its running out. The Edge is once again going to be a product Ford had built up over 10 years and let it die however between the MME,  New Electric and Bronco you can probably convert 80%+ of those buyers somewhere in the Ford lineup. The Nautilus is going to be considerably harder.

Don't forget the Fusion Sportback or whatever they are calling it. 

The other thing is the market that it was originally aimed at shrinking? The Edge has been kind of an oddball in Ford's lineup in its current configuration...other midsize products have gone a more traditional route offering a third row, etc, where the Edge has always been a two row sporty type product that slotted between a smaller Escape and not as big Explorer. It wasn't that successful outside of the NA market either.  

2 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The other thing is the market that it was originally aimed at shrinking? The Edge has been kind of an oddball in Ford's lineup in its current configuration...other midsize products have gone a more traditional route offering a third row, etc, where the Edge has always been a two row sporty type product that slotted between a smaller Escape and not as big Explorer. It wasn't that successful outside of the NA market either.  

The Edge was really one of the first in that market, it and the Murano were the first two row midsized SUV's that would be exactly a traditional midsized sedan replacement.  After the Edge you have the Blazer, Passport, Santa Fe, Encore, Venza, Atlas Cross. The 2 row market it is in has exploded in size. 

43 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Our family uses it a lot.  Not quite as much as the radio controls, but definitely use it.  YMMV

47 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

PREMiERdrum says it will be called Fusion which makes sense. Borg is still saying over on GMI that it has been cancelled for North America. Ford must be counting on it to pick up a lot of the slack from declining Edge sales. This is a big segment that should provide healthy returns.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Trader 10 said:

PREMiERdrum says it will be called Fusion which makes sense. Borg is still saying over on GMI that it has been cancelled for North America. Ford must be counting on it to pick up a lot of the slack from declining Edge sales. This is a big segment that should provide healthy returns.

We also know Borg is very much 50/50 on his intel. PD has gotten way more right than wrong. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Trader 10 said:

But they aren't truly exiting the market...all the Edge is doing is more or less becoming  Crown Vic'ized for about 3-4 years. 

Its world market is being broken up into:

Bronco

Fusion Wagon

Mustang Mach E (though this is a bit smaller product)

3 Row Escape (Everglades name has been tossed around)

BEV Edge

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

But they aren't truly exiting the market...all the Edge is doing is more or less becoming  Crown Vic'ized for about 3-4 years. 

Bronco

Fusion Wagon

BEV Edge

The more I listen to you guys is the more I see layoffs, down weeks etc etc til they retool this plant 5 friggin years from now ?

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Bronco

Fusion Wagon

BEV Edge

Everglades? yikes...

2 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Consider yourself lucky!  I had a 2012 Edge with MFT. It only took about 6 updates to get it to work without crashing. It was ok but kinda slow after that. It was an infuriating adventure.

The 2011 models were even worse.  I was moderating the Edge forum at that time and it was not pretty.