2021 Lincoln Nautilus new interior?

2 hours ago, akirby said:

The 2011 models were even worse.  I was moderating the Edge forum at that time and it was not pretty.

We still have a 2011 Edge.  It’s stable, but still has issues.  We just learned to live with it.  The Edge, however, has been great.  

41 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

We still have a 2011 Edge.  It’s stable, but still has issues.  We just learned to live with it.  The Edge, however, has been great.  

I can't remember the release, but it was fairly stable sometime in early 2012 and the really stable release came around spring 2013.  I bought a 2013 Fusion and had a 2012 Focus and I remember updating both a few months after I got the Fusion in Feb. 2013 and that fixed 99% of the problems.  We also had a 2014 Escape.  Glutton for punishment!

And now my 2018 F150 had to have the APIM replaced.   Seems Ford traded software issues for hardware issues.

Not freaking out. It's just weird. Engineering a whole new dashboard can't have been cheap. The order guides are already out. Why would they not want to publicize it? Or, as suggested by akirby, is it being held off for next model year? Just trying to get some clarity. 

On 11/3/2020 at 3:07 PM, chopsui said:

Not freaking out. It's just weird. Engineering a whole new dashboard can't have been cheap. The order guides are already out. Why would they not want to publicize it? Or, as suggested by akirby, is it being held off for next model year? Just trying to get some clarity. 

The Order Guide seems to be preliminary, as there are N/A comments in the area where Sync would normally be discussed. Compare with the 2020 Order Guide. One clue that the dash is changing for 2021 is in the new guide it mentions piano key transmission shifter. An updated guide may be coming, but don't know. Production not expected to start until January 25, 2021, so will have to wait to really see what changes are included. Would really like heads up display, but no mention of it. And updated interior door panels like on the Corsair.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TxTom said:

The Order Guide seems to be preliminary, as there are N/A comments in the area where Sync would normally be discussed. Compare with the 2020 Order Guide. One clue that the dash is changing for 2021 is in the new guide it mentions piano key transmission shifter. An updated guide may be coming, but don't know. Production not expected to start until January 25, 2021, so will have to wait to really see what changes are included. Would really like heads up display, but no mention of it. And updated interior door panels like on the Corsair.

I work at OAC new display is for 2021 model. You will see for yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TxTom said:

As you stated production will start late January after we come back from an extended downtime of a month which includes two weeks holidays for Christmas and two week layoff to start 2021.

1 hour ago, rbreeze said:

^ @Oacjay98 - Have you seen a completed example of the '21 Nautilus? Will the vehicle only have an updated dash, or has the entire interior been updated? Also, what size is the new display for '21?

First I will say I’m not giving false info here, not that anyone said I am to be clear. I have not physically seen the 21 prototypes than ran in here a couple months ago as I do not work in final assembly. Someone in here took a picture and other ppl verified to me that that is the interior of the 2021 Nautilus. Google it, I’m sure it’s on the internet. Both the Nautilus and Edge are getting a horizontal screen on the Lincoln and a vertical screen on the edge. There are supposed to be some new interior colours and very minimal changes on the exterior. 

1 hour ago, rbreeze said:

^ @Oacjay98 - Have you seen a completed example of the '21 Nautilus? Will the vehicle only have an updated dash, or has the entire interior been updated? Also, what size is the new display for '21?

So yes the dash will be updated.

• 2 weeks later...