2021 Lincoln Nautilus new interior?

1 hour ago, akirby said:

That is really nice update. The quilted inserts in the seats really look premium along with that impressive touchscreen and center stack. Everything about the interior look very premium. Great update by Ford. Add in Sync 4 and Lin on has a winner. Hope the new interior on the Edge is almost as dramatic so we don't have to hear the cheap materials comment from reviewers. 

35 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

That is really nice update. The quilted inserts in the seats really look premium along with that impressive touchscreen and center stack. Everything about the interior look very premium. Great update by Ford. Add in Sync 4 and Lin on has a winner. Hope the new interior on the Edge is almost as dramatic so we don't have to hear the cheap materials comment from reviewers. 

I wouldn’t call it a winner without at least a hybrid option, but it is a great update.

May have to forego the hybrid/PHEV option and lease a Nautilus if the Corsair is too small.  

I hope this interior update and the Edge interior update translate into some more overtime here at OAC. Right now we’re building roughly 950-1000 Edge/Nautilus a day so we shall see. Maybe because we will be down for a month over Xmas holidays into January before we start these 21 models.

• Like 2

I haven't seen it mentioned one way or another in any of the reviews of the significant interior and electronics upgrade in the 2021 Nautilus, but does anyone know if it now has available a Head Up Display?  I assume not, since it's not mentioned, but was wondering.

With it now clear that the Nautilus (and Edge) are coming to an end in a few years (replaced perhaps by a BEV), I had been thinking that I would buy out my 2019 Nautilus at the end of its 3-year lease. Didn't see much point in making a new purchase of the same vehicle in its last year or two of life. However, I'm rethinking that. The Nautilus with Sync 4, the much larger screen and a cabin with significantly upgraded materials (I'm actually neutral on the old interior theme vs. the new one), and with my need for a 2-row bigger than the Corsair and without the ability to own a BEV (where I live doesn't make overnight charging possible), I just might consider getting into a new lease with a 2022 Nautilus. But I really want a HUD.

For what it is worth, my 2019 Nautilus has been outstanding so far. My two issues are mediocre rear pillar visibility (all too common in SUVs/CUVs) and a transmission that often has trouble immediately finding the right gear in the 30-40mph range. But my AWD 2.7 really hits the exact right spot in size, power, quietness, and utility.

58 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

I wonder if this a short term thing until a new BEV Nautilus (or replacement) comes along based on the Mach-E platform.  I would have thought Lincoln would have been close to announcing something by now.  That would be something I would trade our MkC in for.

Will be built through 2024 according to the Oakville contract.  So more medium term.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 7:45 AM, Anthony said:

Well, here';s our answer for the Edge:

So new twist...

Chinese market 2021 Edge has an-all new interior which features Nautilus style center stack. While the North American 2021 Edge inherits the outgoing 2018 Chinese Edge style waterfall center stack. Why do you do this Ford?

https://www.autohome.com.cn/news/202012/1085022.html#pvareaid=102624

aHR0cDovL3FuLnd3dzIuYXV0b2ltZy5jbi93YXRl

3 hours ago, bzcat said:

So new twist...

Chinese market 2021 Edge has an-all new interior which features Nautilus style center stack. While the North American 2021 Edge inherits the outgoing 2018 Chinese Edge style waterfall center stack. Why do you do this Ford?

https://www.autohome.com.cn/news/202012/1085022.html#pvareaid=102624

Seems as though Ford would rather take care of the Chinese market with newer upgrades and let the current edge over here get minimal updates and just go stale as they gradually phase them out by 2024! 

33 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Nautilus is getting the same interior as the Chinese version so the decision to give us sloppy seconds on the Edge is a bit curious. 

I think the decision to give the Chinese edge the Nautilus interior is far more strange,  That’s Lincoln design not Ford.

15 minutes ago, akirby said:

I think the decision to give the Chinese edge the Nautilus interior is far more strange,  That’s Lincoln design not Ford.

Ford sales in China have been flat at best for a long time while Lincoln is doing pretty well. Seems like a bit of desperation to me but that's just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, bzcat said:

Nautilus is getting the same interior as the Chinese version so the decision to give us sloppy seconds on the Edge is a bit curious. 

It’s a bullshit decision especially since North America is their main market. Ford can damn well do better.

1 hour ago, Oacjay98 said:

It’s a bullshit decision especially since North America is their main market. Ford can damn well do better.

How would it make sense to give Edge the same interior as Nautilus in NA especially when it would make Edge totally different than all other Fords?  

I bet a lot of folks like the new Edge screen - similar to Mach-E.

12 hours ago, akirby said:

I've been a big fan of the new Lincoln interiors since sitting in the then all new Navigator at an auto show.  We love our Aviators interior, but after seeing all the photos of the new Nautilus my wife and I both think that huge screen is on the edge (pun intended) of being too big.  Maybe we're just accustomed to ours but that large screen mounted horizontally looks to be more of a distraction than the vertical mounting in the new Edge.  While we would love to have Sync 4, we would still prefer it with our current screen size because it looks great without dominating the interior... but they do need to eliminate the black borders.  Even with our older eyes we don't need giant icons or a bunch of windows open at the same time.  It's a car... not a home theater, lol!

Edited by CoolScoop

11 hours ago, akirby said:

How would it make sense to give Edge the same interior as Nautilus in NA especially when it would make Edge totally different than all other Fords?  

True enough. I hope they do like the new screen.

15 hours ago, akirby said:

Well, I kind of misspoke because if you look at it closely, the Chinese Edge has a totally different interior than Nautilus. Noticed the instrument panel is connected to the center screen in the Edge sort of like Mercedes? And the center console is like Explorer with the rotary gear knob instead of Lincoln's push buttons. 

My only guess is that Ford decided this interior is too expensive for North American Edge.

Chinese Edge

Nautilus

500_ChwFkV-0h8GAGpZ_AAPkP3b_0cQ968.jpg

Explorer 

2021-ford-explorer-infotainment-system-c

North American Edge

Ela-H4dXgAI658y?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by bzcat

On 12/20/2020 at 5:56 AM, akirby said:

Not just similar that’s a dead ringer.  Is Chinese Edge still on cd4 or has it already moved to C2?

Chinese Edge is still CD4. Not sure when C2 will arrive, if at all... if Ford had a C2 Edge ready to go in China, they probably wouldn't have invested in a brand new interior for this ancient (by Chinese standards) CD4 Edge. 

There is also that mystery Ford Equator for Jiangling Ford which curiously hasn't been launched yet. That model is supposed to replace Yusheng S350.