2022 Hyundai Tucson teasers

T-dubz

On 9/3/2020 at 12:04 PM, bzcat said:

For sure it will look more up market and more expensive than Escape but cost less. 

It doesn't take much to look better than the Escape....

It will be another competitor in a segment where Ford just did "good enough"-but not enough.

I agree with the assertion that the escape could use some enhancement on the front end to give it a little more pizazz, however it is far from ugly.  I think the rear of the escape is good looking so it doesn’t need any changes.  

With that said, Hyundai’s concepts/preproduction models tend to look good but then fail to deliver for me in person.  The new Sonata was a good example of that.  Looked pretty good on paper, but now that I have seen it in person   I don’t care for it.  

6 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Absolutely, the Edge looks exactly like this (sarcasm):

burlappcar-hyundai-tucson.jpg

You have to understand the TOTAL PICTURE. This is a SETUP. If the Tucson does well (which it probably will) it will be because it's based  (looks wise-supposedly) on a Ford product. This is called making excuses for your own pitfalls. In addition-in another thread I will mention how I just received the annual Motor Trend buyer's guide and how the Escape and Explorer placed below Hyundai products in their respective categories.....

23 hours ago, tbone said:

With that said, Hyundai’s concepts/preproduction models tend to look good but then fail to deliver for me in person.  The new Sonata was a good example of that.  Looked pretty good on paper, but now that I have seen it in person   I don’t care for it.  

The catfish look doesn't do it for you?

23 hours ago, Anthony said:

lol.  That’s a bit of a stretch.  Maybe if I squint?  

9 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Absolutely, the Edge looks exactly like this (sarcasm):

burlappcar-hyundai-tucson.jpg

I didn't say it was exact copy - the Hyundai is far worse lol.

The overall integration of the stepped headlights into the grille is the same look.

It's overly busy for the sake of being busy - creases and lines everywhere because "design".

15 hours ago, rmc523 said:

It's overly busy for the sake of being busy - creases and lines everywhere because "design".

I actually really like the front. Those LEDs look cool and draw your attention away from the split headlight design. The only thing I’m not sure of is that character line over the front wheels. I will have to see a better pic before I can judge that.

heres the vision concept for reference. It’s looking like the Tucson is a toned down version of this. hyundai_concept_t_3.jpg?itok=n6gAhRHyhyundai-vision-t-la-03.jpghyundai-vision-t-la-05.jpg

• Like 1

The interior actually looks very nice - the biggest complaint I have is the gauge screen - I just don't like the integration or lack thereof - it looks too deeply set or something - there's something not right about that part.  Ford definitely needs to improve.

The exterior on the other hand.  WTF?

The front is ok, and the implementation of the split headlight design is well done - on par if not a bit better than Blazer's implementation (which I find the best of them all as far as doing that styling element goes).

Beyond that, like I said WTF?  There is zero consistency or congruence to the design at all - you have a curvy softer styled front end with triangular elements, then the side profile has 8 million harsh angular creases, with a curvy/graceful greenhouse/profile and chrome element.  Then the rear get the now ubiquitous "me too"  horizontal lightbar, and aside from the angular taillights, it reverts back to a curvy design but this time with diamond shapes in the lower bumper which are nowhere else in the design.

Edge front cues + Lexus RX side + ____ rear = Tuscon.

As a whole, the detail and surfacing work is quite disharmonious. 

While the lower fascia is overstyled, the headlight/grille implementation is *quite* nice. 

In fact, way back when Lincoln was trying to salvage the split wing grille design a number of integrated light/grille units similar to these were modeled. I believe the Lincoln idea used the "ribs" (or "whiskers" as they were called on the '13 MKZ) to segment the unit, with a few breaking up lighting elements and the rest fanning in towards the logo. 

Those obviously never left the studio. It's nice to see the concept work here. 

On 9/6/2020 at 3:53 PM, CKNSLS said:

You have to understand the TOTAL PICTURE. This is a SETUP. If the Tucson does well (which it probably will) it will be because it's based  (looks wise-supposedly) on a Ford product. This is called making excuses for your own pitfalls. In addition-in another thread I will mention how I just received the annual Motor Trend buyer's guide and how the Escape and Explorer placed below Hyundai products in their respective categories.....

Motor Trend has always hated the Explorer and not surprised by the same for Escape. Look for the Explorer to sell as well as ever and Escape will find its sea legs eventually as Ford adds new packages.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Motor Trend has always hated the Explorer and not surprised by the same for Escape. Look for the Explorer to sell as well as ever and Escape will find its sea legs eventually as Ford adds new packages.

I am seeing more pictures of the redesigned Tucson. While I may agree the exterior may be a little too busy, I still don't see how an objective buyer is going to pick an Escape over the Tucson.

Im not quite sure how you can say the Explorer will sell as well as ever-now that there are the Telluride and Palisades models that FOR MOST BUYERS ( we know about the BOF for the Explorer that will not matter to many)-will be direct competition-that previously did not exist to compete in this segment. The Koreans are limited by capacity (gee almost a Ford excuse) on these two models.

Edited by CKNSLS

12 minutes ago, CKNSLS said:

I am seeing more pictures of the redesigned Tucson. While I may agree the exterior may be a little too busy, I still don't see how an objective buyer is going to pick an Escape over the Tucson.

Im not quite sure how you can say the Explorer will sell as well as ever-now that there are the Telluride and Palisades models that FOR MOST BUYERS ( we know about the BOF for the Explorer that will not matter to many)-will be direct competition. The Koreans are limited by capacity (gee almost a Ford excuse) on these two models.

According to sales numbers, Explorer sales are steadily increasing. The new Explorer has a great road presence and is RWD based which is saying something in a FWD based CUV world. I've already seen a few monochromatic Explorers on the road and they look great. 

2 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

( we know about the BOF for the Explorer that will not matter to many)

Dude if your gonna try and roast something, at least get your information straight FFS

Its a UNIBODY RWD platform...not BOF...

If you want BOF, buy a Bronco or Expedition...you know two products that Hyundai/Kia don't offer. 

31 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Dude if your gonna try and roast something, at least get your information straight FFS

Its a UNIBODY RWD platform...not BOF...

If you want BOF, buy a Bronco or Expedition...you know two products that Hyundai/Kia don't offer. 

My mistake.  I guess the tuning on the suspension must be the culprit for the criticism of the ride on the Explorer then.

Drivers have commented that the Explorer has a somewhat stiff ride around town and that they can feel every ripple and crack that the SUV drives over.

https://www.consumerreports.org/suvs/2020-ford-explorer-first-drive-review/