Escape PHEV 2020

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Paradise said:

Do you think we will eventually get a new VIN? 

The VIN numbers will definitely change as the Model Year designation is part of the VIN number.

There is no information yet as to whether Ford will convert the orders from 2020MY to 2021MY's or whether Dealers will have to enter new retail orders. 

Edited by ice-capades
grammer
  • Like 1

Normally, Dealers would have to enter new orders if the order doesn't get built for the original Model Year. In this case, it would be appropriate for Ford to convert the orders and schedule them on an expedited basis, ahead of any other orders and above the usual allocation requirements. The 2021MY Escape PHEV's should be price protected to the original 2020MY prices which is fairly standard. In addition, Ford should compensate the retail customers that have to wait so long in some other way.  

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Normally, Dealers would have to enter new orders if the order doesn't get built for the original Model Year. In this case, it would be appropriate for Ford to convert the orders and schedule them on an expedited basis, ahead of any other orders and above the usual allocation requirements. The 2021MY Escape PHEV's should be price protected to the original 2020MY prices which is fairly standard. In addition, Ford should compensate the retail customers that have to wait so long in some other way.  

? this will be intriguing...I have two with vin numbers....so, will they change the vins to reflect 2021s?....hmmm

21 minutes ago, Deanh said:

? this will be intriguing...I have two with vin numbers....so, will they change the vins to reflect 2021s?....hmmm

Time will tell. Obviously the news is brand new so hopefully Ford will provide additional information soon. If I can find out anything I'll post it. 

• Like 1

What's telling to me is they are canceling orders.  So, a re-orders would need to happen and with all the new vehicle production information.  This then starts the process all over again and will include a new VIN for the updated vehicle order matrix.

• Like 1