Roush Supercharger vs. Adaptive CC

rain6460

Hello,

I have a 2020 Mustang GT on order through Ford. I’d like to know if the Roush phase 2 stage 3 750hp SC kit they will be installing is compatible with adaptive cruise control?

In doing some of my own research, I read that prior to the ‘18 models, the acc needed to be be disabled to install a supercharger. Also read on the CJ Pony Parts website that the phase 1 700hp kit is indeed compatible with acc on the ‘18-20 models. But when you look at the details on the phase 2 750hp kit, they don’t mention the acc at all. Anyone out there know if the phase 2 build is compatible with the adaptive cruise? Thanks. 

jeff

2 hours ago, rain6460 said:

Hello,

I have a 2020 Mustang GT on order through Ford. I’d like to know if the Roush phase 2 stage 3 750hp SC kit they will be installing is compatible with adaptive cruise control?

In doing some of my own research, I read that prior to the ‘18 models, the acc needed to be be disabled to install a supercharger. Also read on the CJ Pony Parts website that the phase 1 700hp kit is indeed compatible with acc on the ‘18-20 models. But when you look at the details on the phase 2 750hp kit, they don’t mention the acc at all. Anyone out there know if the phase 2 build is compatible with the adaptive cruise? Thanks. 

jeff

Hi Jeff. My reply is simply an opinion: If I were interested in performing this modification on my new Mustang, I would call Roush and ask them, instead of getting random opinions from Internet strangers which may or may not be correct.

Again, just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

• Like 4

That’s a very solid answer! And is exactly what I intend to do next week. I just thought I’d throw it out there on the chance someone knew. I tried too late in the day on Friday to get a hold of someone  at Ford Performance and Roush but everyone was gone for the holiday weekend. Oh well, putting on my patience hat till next week. Thanks for the comeback. 

jeff

You can just ask me.   I have a 750 HP Roush kit on my 2018 Mustang with about every option including ACC.    Yes, adaptive cruise works perfectly.  It is not affected at all and neither is any other functionality.    If you car had active grill shutters and the brace between the shock towers, those will be removed but, again, everything will work like stock....accept the accelerator pedal.   ☺️

The current Roush tune does have a flaw if your car has the 10A transmission.    It is not noticeable unless you exceed 120 MPH, though.    They are working on a new calibration that is scheduled to be released in mid September.    You will need to send Roush all of the warranty paperwork so you will be notified when the new calibration is released.   It will be free and Roush pays to have the PCM flashed.   My understanding is the new calibration makes some other tuning adjustments even if your car has the 6M transmission.

0304201219.jpg

Oh, and just one more thing.   In addition to participating here, you should also join here:   https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/question-for-guys-who-actually-have-the-the-roush-kit.127474/

Most of the participants in that forum have the Roush kit and will usually be better source of information than calling Roush.    I don't want to be too hard on Roush but you sometimes get different answers to the same question depending upon who you talk with at Roush.    

Edited by brucelinc
  • Like 1