Cargo Convenience Package on Nav L

Navigator2020

I’m in the process of ordering a 2020 Navigator L Black Label.  Do folks actually like the features of the cargo convenience package?  I’m leaning against it.  Re cross arms on roof, I’m not planning to transport stuff on the roof (and if I was I could always add the black cross bars later).  My only hesitation are the interior features.  We currently have a large rubber mat in the back of our SUV and planning to do the same here. But I’m told you can’t add the interior storage that comes with this package after the build so maybe there is some utility?  It also saves 400 bucks (will take what I can get...)  Thoughts appreciated.  Thanks 

I got it but I haven't used it. It rattles. Most people wouldn't her it but I do. Otherwise, it's an inexpensive option, so why not get it, I figured. But, you said you don't want to spend the $400, so, it's definitely something you can live without, most likely. I also took my cross rails off to avoid wind noise, but I have seen more and more BLS lately and most have the rails on them. 

What color and interior theme Black Label are you getting? 

I have 2018 Black Label Navigator with that pkg ... could live without it but glad I ordered it.  A problem with the rear lift gate is small cargo piece(s) falling out when you open it.  One option would be to open the glass and make sure cargo is all steady away from the lift gate before opening it ... easier to put the ‘floor’ piece up vertical inside the lift gate or use the cargo net.

• Like 1

I have a short Navigator. I did not like how the shelf operated to access the underfloor storage. I thought the standard door worked better. I did not order it on my Navigator and am happy with my decision.

You can compare vehicles at the dealership with and without this option to see which you prefer. You may have to go to a lower trim Expedition to find a vehicle without the feature. The dealers I went to ordered this on all of their stock Navigators. When I compared a vehicle with and without it, I decided not to order that option.

I did order Lincoln's all weather mats. That was a mistake, the aftermarket mats are better.

Edited by Andy L

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the helpful feedback.  I’m decided to pass on the cargo option.  I have a giant rubber mat back there in my current suv to contain the many spills and plan on doing the same thing again.  Plus, we will have strollers and other stuff back there all the time so I don’t see us really being able to access the floor space.  

btw—went with chroma crystal blue w/ chalet theme interior!  

Thanks

• Like 2

On 9/17/2020 at 3:27 PM, Navigator2020 said:

btw—went with chroma crystal blue w/ chalet theme interior!  

I saw a Continental with that combination when i purchased my BL Nautilus Chalet Theme.   That combination is absolutely gorgeous,  think you will love it.  Congrats.

Actually just used the tiered shelf for groceries for the first time. Very easy to do as in the videos above. Did not rattle or anything. Worked well for the purpose intended. 

The little partition that extends upward to prevent anything from rolling forward worked like a charm. 

Edited by Black Label
  • Like 1