Truck news coming Monday-Ranger Tremor

6 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's either Ranger Tremor, Bronco Build and Price, or F-150 BEV related 

At this rate, B&P will be available in 2051. lol

Hm, has Mike included Bronco under the "truck" umbrella as far as news goes?

I feel like it's just going to be Ranger Tremor.  I feel like he'd make a bigger deal out of it if it were the BEV F-150.

I think I would have stolen more from the ranger thunder for this package. I think it’s grille and badging looks better, plus I like the black over the gray. 

2021-ford-ranger-tremor-larait.jpg

vs

ford-ranger-thunder-2020.jpg

vs

One article I read mentioned that there is no lift in this package, it just has larger tires. I think I would have been happy with just the wheels/tires, steps, and switches for half the price.

Lifted suspension.

• Ranger Tremor features a lifted suspension with off-road tuned FOX 2.0 monotube dampers and rear piggyback reservoirs, specially tuned front coilover and rear leaf springs, 32-inch Continental General Grabber all-terrain tires and six-switch auxiliary power pack to manage accessories including winches, light bars and air compressors
  • Thanks to its General Grabber tires and new wheel lips, Ranger Tremor has a 1-inch wider stance; it features Magnetic-painted wheels, hoop-style steps, rear recovery hooks, painted grille, and optional hood and body graphics, plus package-exclusive seats with Miko suede inserts and black interior accents

54 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I think I would have stolen more from the ranger thunder for this package. I think it’s grille and badging looks better, plus I like the black over the gray. 

vs

vs

One article I read mentioned that there is no lift in this package, it just has larger tires. I think I would have been happy with just the wheels/tires, steps, and switches for half the price.

Oddly enough, that's just the Lariat grille with some paint highlights. Odd they chose that over a unique grille for this package.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Lifted suspension.

CNET says no suspension lift, but they could be wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/2021-ford-ranger-tremor-off-road/

from cnet:

General Grabber 32-inch tires wrap around 17-inch gray-painted wheels. Together these add an inch more width than a standard Ranger. There's no dedicated suspension lift, per se, but the wheel and tire package adds nearly an inch of ground clearance when compared to a stock Ranger, topping out at 9.7 inches. The truck's approach, departure and breakover angles are also improved, up to 30.9 degrees, 25.5 degrees and 24.2 degrees, respectively

I think the performance pack 2 is a better deal, it’s $4495 and comes with many of the same or better parts, plus come with the performance tune. I don’t know if that price includes install or not though.

Edited by T-dubz

The lifted suspension quote I posted was direct from the Ford media site.   It gets new shocks and springs all the way around and longer suspension travel so I guess whether it's technically a "lifted suspension" is somewhat moot - it's definitely an all new suspension including shocks and tires.

• silvrsvt changed the title to Truck news coming Monday-Ranger Tremor
1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Graphics package is an option. Note the red Tremor doesn't have it.

I totally dig the graphics though, very retro 80's feel to it.

For the record I really like that white with the old school graphics  - for no other reason it stands out against all the shades of silver to dark gray that I am surrounded with in every parking lot.

Just my take - I know I'm an outlier...I'll take a truck in Race Red any day!

Edited by Kev-Mo