Truck news coming Monday-Ranger Tremor

45 minutes ago, SoonerLS said:

Basically, that makes the Tremor a Raptor without the name (or 3.5HO). That probably has more to do with the lack of an F-150 Tremor than anything--the folks who want to split the difference between an FX/4 and a Raptor are going to be a mighty fine slice of the market.

Tremor could easily replace FX4 and just be a milder version of the Raptor but without the high performance engine or all unique sheet metal (1" wider stance would just require wheel lips not entirely new fendors, hood, bedsides, etc.

Tremor and Raptor are 2 different slices of the off-road pie.  Raptor is a desert runner, made for flying through the desert.  Tremor is more for slow going, rock crawling, the stuff you need a winch for.  The Super Duty Tremor is available with a winch.  The FX4 just gets you hill descent (which you can add to a normal F150 / Supr Duty just by getting the switch and using Forscan to activate it), skid plates (which can be ordered on any truck), and electric locker (which again, can be ordered on any 4x4 truck).  It's not much for substance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoonerLS said:

Basically, that makes the Tremor a Raptor without the name (or 3.5HO). That probably has more to do with the lack of an F-150 Tremor than anything--the folks who want to split the difference between an FX/4 and a Raptor are going to be a mighty fine slice of the market.

No. There are a lot more suspension differences between an FX4 and a Raptor. 

3 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

The package itself is irrelevant. The name is what's tarnished, so it makes sense for them to let it sit until it has had a chance to recover. If it succeeds in the Super Duty and Ranger, it won't be long before it returns to the F-150.

I really don't think the Tremor name has any tarnish to it - I doubt many even knew about it, even if truck buyers are more informed than most.  Which also means that they'd recognize the new application of the name and realize it has nothing to do with the former use of it.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Tremor could easily replace FX4 and just be a milder version of the Raptor but without the high performance engine or all unique sheet metal (1" wider stance would just require wheel lips not entirely new fendors, hood, bedsides, etc.

Except for the fact FX4 is no longer its own model like Tremor is now.  FX4 is available on multiple trims as an off-road oriented upgrade package.

8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I really don't think the Tremor name has any tarnish to it - I doubt many even knew about it, even if truck buyers are more informed than most.  Which also means that they'd recognize the new application of the name and realize it has nothing to do with the former use of it.

Except for the fact FX4 is no longer its own model like Tremor is now.  FX4 is available on multiple trims as an off-road oriented upgrade package.

Tremor is also a package available on multiple trims.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

I kinda hope not. When I get my truck I'm probably going to get the FX4 package if nothing else to help with winter driving. I do plan on taking it off-road occasionally but nothing too dramatic and crazy. I have no interest in or need for the Tremor package and I'm sure there's plenty others out there like me. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I kinda hope not. When I get my truck I'm probably going to get the FX4 package if nothing else to help with winter driving. I do plan on taking it off-road occasionally but nothing too dramatic and crazy. I have no interest in or need for the Tremor package and I'm sure there's plenty others out there like me. 

I'm in kind of in the same boat.  I have a '14 XLT SuperCab 3.5 Ecoboost (with leather, (Blue Jean ext/Tan int)  column shifter, etc. . . . . I believe a package they don't offer any more)  I love the truck, didn't really want FX4 or need it, but wouldn't have minded the skid plates (I know I can get them after market).  Only real off-roading I do is up in Northern Michigan (off M-33) 4-5 times a year and mainly on trails.  Though . . . I am interested in the Ranger Tremor if I don't like the new Bronco (never had a vehicle with removeable top/doors) or BroncoSport (too small?).  As I think I want to size down a bit on my next vehicle.

Edited by IMSA-XJR9

31 minutes ago, akirby said:

It's an optional package on XLT and Lariat models.

I just went on B&P and you can get it on Platinum too (didn't look to see if there were others).

So looks like (from highest to lowest):

Raptor

Tremor (Raptor lite)

FX4 (Tremor lite)

4x4 (FX4 lite)

Regular

11 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You can get all that with a 4x4 with locking axle which you can get without FX4.  Doesn't sound like you need a bash plate. :)

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

I just went on B&P and you can get it on Platinum too (didn't look to see if there were others).

So looks like (from highest to lowest):

Raptor

Tremor (Raptor lite)

FX4 (Tremor lite)

4x4 (FX4 lite)

Regular

I was going by the 2021 order guides.  Which truck/year was the B&P?

21 minutes ago, akirby said:

You can get all that with a 4x4 with locking axle which you can get without FX4.  Doesn't sound like you need a bash plate. :)

As far as I can tell you can't get the terrain management system without FX4 which is really what I'm interested in. It's totally worth it in the snow and in the sandier areas we vacation where I would be doing my off-roading. 

7 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

As far as I can tell you can't get the terrain management system without FX4 which is really what I'm interested in. It's totally worth it in the snow and in the sandier areas we vacation where I would be doing my off-roading. 

Aha, I missed that option.   I don't think they'll get rid of FX4 on Ranger anytime soon.

I’m never doing any serious off roading . I might take a truck down some dirt roads or out in a pasture, but that’s about it. I don’t need all the crazy suspension that the raptor has, but I do like how it looks, especially the wider fenders. I’d like to see a true raptor-lite that’s basically an appearance package. Give it the wide fenders and wheels/tires of the raptor but everything else stays the same as a regular fx4 (engine, suspension, etc). Don’t give it the raptor grille though, maybe an stx grille would be fine. 

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

I’m never doing any serious off roading . I might take a truck down some dirt roads or out in a pasture, but that’s about it. I don’t need all the crazy suspension that the raptor has, but I do like how it looks, especially the wider fenders. I’d like to see a true raptor-lite that’s basically an appearance package. Give it the wide fenders and wheels/tires of the raptor but everything else stays the same as a regular fx4 (engine, suspension, etc). Don’t give it the raptor grille though, maybe an stx grille would be fine. 

You can do that with Ranger through your dealer. I'm pretty sure there's a kit available. 

• Like 2

★TREMOR OFF-ROAD PACKAGE (91T)

Availability:

● Opt. on XLT Mid (301A)

● Opt. on Lariat High (501A)

Not available with:

● Chrome Appearance Package (76G)

● Sport Appearance Package (76E)

● Black Apparance Package (76J)

● FX4 Off-Road Package (914)

● Splash Guards/Mud Flaps Front and Rear (17B)

Requires:

● 4x4

● SuperCrew®Includes:

● Black Steel Exposed Bash Plate

● Front Fender Grille-Painted

● Floor Liner –Tray Style (17C)

● Grille -Black Two Bar Style with Red Accent Nostrils and Magnetic Surround

● Magnetic Wheel Arch Flare

● Magnetic Front & Rear Bumper

● Off-Road Hoop Steps –Black

● 17” Magnetic-Painted Aluminum –Tremor Wheel (64W)

● 17” Off-Road LT 265/70R17 A/T Tires

● Electronic-Locking Rear Differential (X73)

● Off-Road Screen in Cluster

● Off-Road Tuned Suspension –FOX Dampers with Rear Reservoirs

● Remove front air dam

● Terrain Management System™● Tow Hooks –Rear (NA w/Trailer Tow Pkg (53R))

● Trail Control™● Tremor Box Decal

● Skid Plates: Radiator, Electronic Power-Assist Steering (EPAS), Transfer Case

and Fuel Tank Guard

● 6 Upfitter Switches

● Black Interior Accents

● Seats, Front

—Vinyl Bucket Front-Seats w/Miko Suede Inserts; 8-Way Manual Adjustable

Driver including Lumbar; 6-Way Manual Adjustable Passenger; Manual

Reclining Seats (included w/ Driver and Passenger); flow-through console

and floor shift –XLT

—Leather-Trimmed Bucket Front-Seats w/ Miko Suede Inserts; 8-Way Power

Adjustable Driver including Power Lumbar; 6-Way Power Adjustable

Passenger including Power Lumbar; Manual Reclining Driver and Passenger;

Heated Front-Seats; flow-through console and floor shift –Lariat

Optional Equipment:

● Tremor Body-Side and Hood Graphic (47Z)3

8 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

The package itself is irrelevant. The name is what's tarnished, so it makes sense for them to let it sit until it has had a chance to recover. If it succeeds in the Super Duty and Ranger, it won't be long before it returns to the F-150.

There’s no need to wait, nobody remembers that F150 package, and they will likely only associate it with the Superduty Tremor package.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

The Tremor package is not even close to the Raptor, regardless of the engine.  The Raptor suspension is substantially different and the width is much wider. 

6 minutes ago, akirby said:

I think Platinum was probably on a different page of the order guide and I just didn’t see it.  F Series order guides are laid out much differently due to all the options and packages.

not to mention they resemble the thickness of an Encyclopedia...

• Like 1