Electric F150 News

7 minutes ago, akirby said:

Can somebody explain this quote?

Of the say, 2M pickups built, 50% of them are Ford pickups, which is twice as many as any other manufacturer. So, if Ford builds 50% of 2M, that would be 1M and the next largest manufacturer only builds 500K.

2 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

GOVERNMENT MOTORS AND THEIR 5 PLANTS IN MEXICO!!! GARBAGE COMPANY!!

Yes the US/Canada bailed them out and they build less than 50% of their vehicles here.  I've hit the point that I would drive a Toyota or Honda before I would ever drive a GM or Stellantis product. 

• Like 3

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/electric-ford-f-150-most-powerful

"Ford had previously teased the truck’s capability with a video of a prototype towing a train that weighed over one million pounds, but has released a new video of it being tested up a 60 percent grade and on an off road trail. However, the video warns that it shouldn’t be driven through water that’s deeper than the bottom of its wheel hubs."

Not so good for boat launching or crossing through streams or shallow rivers I take it

I think it's pretty cool that Ford is already building (the steel is up) a new pickup plant dedicated to battery supply and assembly of electric F-150's. Also cool that 2021 F-150 is already in production and rolling off assembly line.

Wonder if Ford has same plans for KTP plant with new add on dedicated to Super Duty all electric and Expedition.

13 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I think it's pretty cool that Ford is already building (the steel is up) a new pickup plant dedicated to battery supply and assembly of electric F-150's. Also cool that 2021 F-150 is already in production and rolling off assembly line.

The 2021MY F-150 is not yet in production. The Job #1 Date is 10/12/2020 at the Dearborn plant and 11/09/2020 at Kansas City. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Yes the US/Canada bailed them out and they build less than 50% of their vehicles here.  I've hit the point that I would drive a Toyota or Honda before I would ever drive a GM or Stellantis product. 

Lol EXACTLY!!!! I’d even go as far as buy a Korean product before GM. If I won a GM I would sell it! 5 plants in Mexico is a travesty!! Get bailout money and then continue their run past the Mexican border! 

21 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The 2021MY F-150 is not yet in production. The Job #1 Date is 10/12/2020 at the Dearborn plant and 11/09/2020 at Kansas City. 

The Freep article today stated that the new pickup is in production and will be showing up at dealers in November. JOB 1 dates are when production is fully ramped up or close to it. I would imagine launch speed is real slow right now as workers learn their jobs.

38 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

The Freep article today stated that the new pickup is in production and will be showing up at dealers in November. JOB 1 dates are when production is fully ramped up or close to it. I would imagine launch speed is real slow right now as workers learn their jobs.

Sorry but you're wrong on this. The Job #1 Date for regular production... NOT the date that production is fully ramped up which can take from weeks to months.  

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Wouldn't be the first time he was wrong! The Job #1 Dates are pretty much etched in stone and an earlier start would totally screw up timing with suppliers and the vehicle scheduling that only started recently. 

Ive noticed they’re kinda getting loose with the job 1 designation. Remember, MP1 units can be shipped to dealers for sale when OKTB is given. It happened with Ranger. It seems that the definition of Job 1 has kinda changed a little bit when it comes to all new models and I think that the whole building at full speed thing mentioned earlier is now part of it. 

• Like 1