Electric F150 News

6 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Posted this in the other thread, but it makes more sense here.

image.thumb.png.d776c225a8b81a8a0ee787e56d88e81c.png

BEV F-150 is the most important new product launch for Ford this century. I hope Jim Farley is able to achieve his goal of flawless execution for this vehicle. Competition in the BEV pickup truck market will come not only from its traditional rival GM, but also Tesla and startups like Rivian, Lordstown Motors, Nikola, and Bollinger.

Edited by rperez817
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Yes the US/Canada bailed them out and they build less than 50% of their vehicles here.  I've hit the point that I would drive a Toyota or Honda before I would ever drive a GM or Stellantis product. 

Not me. I'm an American first, Ford guy second. Buy from American companies. A Detroit area think tank has shown that even Mexican-assembled GM and Fiatsler cars creates more American jobs than does Japanese or Korean garbage screwed together in the US.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rperez817 said:

BEV F-150 is the most important new product launch for Ford this century. I hope Jim Farley is able to achieve his goal of flawless execution for this vehicle. Competition in the BEV pickup truck market will come not only from its traditional rival GM, but also Tesla and startups like Rivian, Lordstown Motors, Nikola, and Bollinger.

Rivian yes, but the others are a big question mark. The Cybertruck is probably too radical, while the others are closer to vaporware than reality.

28 minutes ago, AGR said:

Not me. I'm an American first, Ford guy second. Buy from American companies. A Detroit area think tank has shown that even Mexican-assembled GM and Fiatsler cars creates more American jobs than does Japanese or Korean garbage screwed together in the US.

I still say F GOVERNMENT MOTORS

7 hours ago, AGR said:

Rivian yes, but the others are a big question mark. The Cybertruck is probably too radical, while the others are closer to vaporware than reality.

Rivian seems to be marketed towards the same people who would buy a Range Rover or the like..more sport then work. They are also the most mature product out there outside of Tesla. As a threat to Ford, I'd rate them low because Ford has people on their board and if they felt that it was that big of an issue, I think Ford would try to buy them out. 

The Cybertruck seems like a lets throw shit against the wall and see what sticks...it lacks focus and will appeal to Tesla drones out there that want something new....buy it and figure out that its way too big for what they need/want.

No clue as to what the GMC Hummer is going to bring to the table outside crab mode or what market its aiming at.

Going by Ford's comments about the BEV F-150-it seems like they are actually aiming towards their target customers and not promising anything outlandish-it won't be the most powerful pickup or anything, but overall the best BEV on the market for people who actually need to do work with a truck and save money on operating costs etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Going by Ford's comments about the BEV F-150-it seems like they are actually aiming towards their target customers and not promising anything outlandish-it won't be the most powerful pickup or anything, but overall the best BEV on the market for people who actually need to do work with a truck and save money on operating costs etc. 

But that's always been Ford's market, people that actually use their trucks. RAM/Chevrolet are more likely to be driveway pickups when you look at the sales breakdowns. 

5 minutes ago, Deanh said:

where exactly does this leave Rivian and Fords investment? More or less upscale...less of a workhorse, more lifestyle...seems to me this almost borders on making that joint effort redundant.

I was under the impression that Ford was going to get a few Lincoln's out of that investment since Rivian is going more for luxury and lifestyle vs. F-150 thats clearly being aimed as more of a workhorse. 

10 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I was under the impression that Ford was going to get a few Lincoln's out of that investment since Rivian is going more for luxury and lifestyle vs. F-150 thats clearly being aimed as more of a workhorse. 

makes sense I guess...will be interesting how the Rivian co op and Ford Platforms differ...

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

If Ford pulls that off with BEV F-150, it may not matter if competitors release production ready versions of their BEV pickup trucks before Ford does. First mover advantage is important, but having the best product is just as important.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

If Ford pulls that off with BEV F-150, it may not matter if competitors release production ready versions of their BEV pickup trucks before Ford does. First mover advantage is important, but having the best product is just as important.

If there's one thing Ford understands better than anything and anyone else it's what truck customers need and how to deliver it. It's been their strongest attribute for 40 years. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

where exactly does this leave Rivian and Fords investment? More or less upscale...less of a workhorse, more lifestyle...seems to me this almost borders on making that joint effort redundant.

Well, Rivian was supposed to build the new Lincoln large BEV "Continental" crossover, but that was put on the shelf (I personally think we'll see this reappear once the company stabilizes).  Beyond that, I think Rivian is helping Ford with battery/electric tech, no?  With Ford helping them with production techniques and whatnot?

22 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I'd be surprised, but I guess you never know.

The front looks to be getting more differentiation than I thought, so I guess anything is possible.

Remember Ford's frunk patent? F-150 BEV will have a slide out frunk so the facia has to be different from regular F-150. 

ford-front-trunk-patent.jpg

Edited by bzcat

7 hours ago, bzcat said:

Remember Ford's frunk patent? F-150 BEV will have a slide out frunk so the facia has to be different from regular F-150. 

ford-front-trunk-patent.jpg

No, they could still make it LOOK the same if they wanted, even if it didn't function the same.

My point was stylistically it's more unique than I thought.

20 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Well, Rivian was supposed to build the new Lincoln large BEV "Continental" crossover, but that was put on the shelf (I personally think we'll see this reappear once the company stabilizes).  Beyond that, I think Rivian is helping Ford with battery/electric tech, no?  With Ford helping them with production techniques and whatnot?

Well, shortly after that Lincoln was canceled, Ford did apply for a trademark for Excursion.  Things that make you go hmmm...

(or they could be completely unrelated)

21 hours ago, rmc523 said:

49 minutes ago, AGR said:

Well, shortly after that Lincoln was canceled, Ford did apply for a trademark for Excursion.  Things that make you go hmmm...

(or they could be completely unrelated)

Is the Lincoln “Continental” crossover canceled or is it shelved? Hopefully it’s just shelved for a later date. I would love to see Lincoln designers have the ability to design something without a ford variant in mind. Lincoln needs a halo vehicle.

Edited by JTL2017