Electric F150 News

8 hours ago, JTL2017 said:

Is the Lincoln “Continental” crossover canceled or is it shelved? Hopefully it’s just shelved for a later date. I would love to see Lincoln designers have the ability to design something without a ford variant in mind. Lincoln needs a halo vehicle.

8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Depends on who you ask.

I'm leaning towards it was shelved as an oh shit moment with COVID and not exactly knowing how it was going to play out. 

Once things stabilize, I think Ford will start working on it again...if anything it might be only a 24-36 month delay.

Lincoln also has mid size BEV that I'm assuming is a larger MME platform they are going to use sooner then later.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm leaning towards it was shelved as an oh shit moment with COVID and not exactly knowing how it was going to play out. 

Once things stabilize, I think Ford will start working on it again...if anything it might be only a 24-36 month delay.

Lincoln also has mid size BEV that I'm assuming is a larger MME platform they are going to use sooner then later.  

I lean that way too.  I feel we'll see it reappear.

Also remember that using Rivian platform for Lincoln CUV was just a way to cut down the time to market. If Ford has more time (or decided it can afford to go slower), then it may not need the Rivian platform. From Ford's point of view, it may make more sense to build the large CUV using MME rather than Rivian platform, especially if they are going to commit to converting another plant to build EVs - i.e. Oakville

• 4 months later...
On 9/18/2020 at 1:34 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

If there's one thing Ford understands better than anything and anyone else it's what truck customers need and how to deliver it. It's been their strongest attribute for 40 years. 

Cox Automotive released the results of its BEV pickup truck survey today. BEV F-150 leads Tesla Cybertruck, Hummer EV, and Rivian R1T in terms of consideration likelihood by consumers.

Cox-Automotive-Consumer-Snapshot-EV-Pickup-Report-Highlights.pdf (coxautoinc.com)

EV-Pickup-Report-charts-EV-consideration

• Like 1

If you read the study, it says that Tesla truck was least liked/desired when presented to the focus group without branding - just 19% picked it. But when it was revealed as Tesla truck, 32% selected. So that's the power of the Tesla brand in a nutshell.

Ford brand was the opposite. 59% picked the F-150 blind but only 45% picked it branded.

But good news for Ford... for the sub-group that is seriously considering EV truck, Ford's blind score was 60% but 75% branded. This means truck buyers value the Ford brand while the wider general public doesn't really care for it. 

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1