Long shot: Anyone here go to junk yards on the regular? Looking for a part for my MKZ Hybrid

Andrew L

As the title states.  I lost part of a plastic button that holds down a part of the liner in my trunk over the hybrid battery.  I went to the dealership and they won't sell me the button on its own they want me to buy the entire liner which is 500+ bucks.  No way I am doing that.  I tried the junk yards near me none have a hybrid or the year I am looking for 13-20.  I also asked on some Facebook groups and got silly responses only like "rent an MKZ and steal the part you need" or "DON'T MESS WITH THAT ITS FOR THE BATTERY YOU WILL GET ELECTROCUTED" no one actually willing to help.

Pics of what I am looking for, as you can see the plastic buttons are the same ones that go over the regular battery which is also in the trunk on the left hand side.  This little cover where I lost mine is behind the back seat.  As you can see on the button for mine it's missing the locking mechanism on the bottom.  I took the back seat out looking for it and I cannot find it anywhere.  If someone can actually find one for me I will gladly pay for it and shipping.

mkzcover01.jpg
mkzcover02.jpg
mkzcover03.jpg

Edited by Andrew L

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

There are times when parts are only available as a complete assembly. That could be the case here but I'd suggest talking to another Dealer. The cost of parts sold over the counter are expensive with a factory option costing triple on average. 

Yea that's what this dealer told me.  I can try a Ford dealer I imagine the Fusion Hybrid has the same parts.  The 2 other Lincoln dealers in my area are kind of lousy.  Their service/parts departments leave a LOT to be desired compared to other dealerships.

Hi Andrew. You can also try here: https://www.silverstatefordparts.com/v-2017-lincoln-mkz--reserve-hybrid--2-0l-l4-electric-gas/body--interior-trim-rear-body

It does seem to show the entire cover as being sold in one piece. However, the price is $308 instead of $500. Not great, I know...but a possible last resort.

You can also find other online Ford Parts sellers by Googling 'Online Ford Parts sellers". And have you tried CarParts.com for any used availability?

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, valve said:

I imagine that the part is not unique to this one application and it's probably used in other areas / cars. Perhaps a stroll though a junk yard with late model Fords will yield what you are looking for?

Probably should have clarified I was looking for Fusion and MKZ Hybrids but youre right.  I know the gas models don't have those doors in the trunk cause the regular battery is up front in the engine bay where in the hybrids its in the trunk.

5 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

Probably should have clarified I was looking for Fusion and MKZ Hybrids but youre right.  I know the gas models don't have those doors in the trunk cause the regular battery is up front in the engine bay where in the hybrids its in the trunk.

I was thinking that since you are only looking for the fastener and not the whole door, the fastener may be used in other applications. It looks like something that I have on my 2004 Mazda6 that is used for holding the "doors" on the compartments in the hatch area.