2021 Mustang Mach 1

cobra9498

Three questions...so far...LOL!

1.  Can the Mach 1 be ordered on Oct. 12th along with the other Mustangs when those books open?

2.  Can a dealer order Stock NOW before Oct. 12th....or if not when can they?? 

3. Does anyone know IF the Hand. Pkg option will end up having the 10 speed auto as an option?  I know now, they said,

only with the 6-speed Tremec, but, I know many who want the auto trans in that car, and some think Ford MAY add it

before it's time to start building it.

10 hours ago, cobra9498 said:

1.  Can the Mach 1 be ordered on Oct. 12th along with the other Mustangs when those books open?

3. Does anyone know IF the Hand. Pkg option will end up having the 10 speed auto as an option?  I know now, they said,

only with the 6-speed Tremec, but, I know many who want the auto trans in that car, and some think Ford MAY add it

1. The USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens on 10/12/2020. The 2021 Mustang Order Guide should be available on or about that date and will provide the specifications available. 2021 Mustang Mach 1 orders should be accepted at the same time as all other models.
  2. No orders can be submitted until the USOB opens.
  3. There is no information available on Mach 1 specifications other than what has already been released to the public. Handling Package availability is listed as Spring 2001. 

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2020/06/16/limited-edition-mach-1-is-pinnacle-of-mustang-5-0-liter-v8-style.html

Thank you for your response plus the Ford Mach 1 link.  I have viewed that link and others by Ford many times.  I've read

everything Ford has put out on the Mach 1.  And, I've talked to the Comm. guy who overseas Mustangs at Ford Motor Co.

He had "some" info, but, he said they don't tell him everything.  His name is Berj Alexanian,  just to back up my statement. 

He did say that "Fighter Jet Gray" is avail. in both Mach 1 versions,

and confirmed that the Appearance Pkg "must come on that color."  You can get other colors w/o the Appearance Pkg which is

an option. 

Also, you said "should" when it came to Mach 1 ordering on Oct. 12th.  That tells me you are not 100% sure.  Am I correct?  It seems that 

since it's a "limited prod. vehicle"....whatever that will mean...and the fact that it won't be available until Spring, that MAYBE??...we might not

be able to order it so soon???  I hope so, 'cause I intend on ordering one.  I am 1st on my dealers list to order.   

IF anyone finds out "for sure" about ordering Mach 1's on Oct. 12th please let us all know.  You too..ice-capades.  I would appreciate any "new" 

info you come across on the Mach 1 in the days ahead.     

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2020 at 10:14 PM, cobra9498 said:

DEARBORN, Mich., Oct 21, 2020 – Building off of last week’s news that order banks opened up for the limited-edition 2021 Mustang Mach 1 – the Mach 1 team has now added the ability for Handling Package customers to opt for the 10-speed auto transmission (previously a manual-only package) due to significant customer feedback since announcing Mach 1’s return this past June.

Order banks for the Mach 1 Handling Package open in January 2021

Mach 1 Handling Package vehicles come with:
  • Unique, wider 19-inch x 10.5-inch front, and 19-inch x 11-inch rear Tarnished Dark-painted aluminum wheels
  • 305/30R19 (front) and 315/30R19 (rear) tires (Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2)
  • Adjustable strut top mounts
  • Performance rear spoiler with gurney flap
  • Unique chassis tuning
  • Performance front aero splitter
  • 150% more downforce than a Mustang GT with Performance Pack Level 1
Additional key Mach 1 info:
  • Mach 1 confirmed for Europe and Australia just last week
  • Mach 1's optional 10-Speed SelectShift automatic transmission is $1,595
  • The Mach 1 Handling Package is $3,500 (price with standard manual trans)
  • All-new 2021 Mustang Mach 1 starts with an MSRP of $51,720 (plus $1,195 destination and delivery charge)
  • Mach 1 will arrive to U.S. and Canadian Ford dealerships in the spring of 2021
  • Mach 1 comes standard with the Tremec 3160 six-speed manual transmission (from the Shelby GT350)