Unifor contract update

7 hours ago, Footballfan said:

Could the EVs made at Oakville also be made for VW?

I'm not an expert, but I know that the VW plant in Chattanooga has been expanded specifically to build the EV that VW just introduced (and will source in the short term from Germany until the Chattanooga output ramps up). VW intend to buy batteries from the same plant in Georgia (currently being doubled in size) that Ford intend to use, so putting all of that together, I don't think VW would need output from OAC.

1 hour ago, Harley Lover said:

I'm not an expert, but I know that the VW plant in Chattanooga has been expanded specifically to build the EV that VW just introduced (and will source in the short term from Germany until the Chattanooga output ramps up). VW intend to buy batteries from the same plant in Georgia (currently being doubled in size) that Ford intend to use, so putting all of that together, I don't think VW would need output from OAC.

Ford has stated repeatedly that VW will not be using any of Ford's North American production facilities for their joint venture. Maybe one day that could change but I doubt it. 

7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ford has stated repeatedly that VW will not be using any of Ford's North American production facilities for their joint venture. Maybe one day that could change but I doubt it. 

2028 is supposed to be the hand back of Ranger to Ford North America,

I wonder if a BEV Ranger gets built at Oakville....,

Edited by jpd80

28 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

It did.  Article on it in Automotive News.  

Subscription only. The front page mentioned the terms of the contract, pay/benefits, etc, which is none of my business or concern. Does the article have product news or plant allocation details?

8 hours ago, AGR said:

Subscription only. The front page mentioned the terms of the contract, pay/benefits, etc, which is none of my business or concern. Does the article have product news or plant allocation details?

We have not been told the name of any of these supposed 5 top hats that are coming to OAC. They said one is a CUV projected 100000 unit second vehicle 50000 units. The other three so called performance vehicles projection 20000 each.

Edited by Oacjay98

On 9/28/2020 at 5:51 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

210,000 ain't bad. If projections hold true of course 

Ya by 2028 though. That when the last model will start production. I see lots of downtime on the horizon. Nautilus is supposed to balance out end of 2nd quarter 23. FWD Edge same time. Then all we will be left with is AWD Edge for the life of the contract maybe beyond. Then 5-16 month retooling timeline! Which I think is a bag of shit. Why so long? 

Edited by Oacjay98

16 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Can someone explain your work schedule? If I do the math, its more then 40 hours a week

Are the 10 hour days actually 9 hours because of an hour lunch or 30 minute lunch plus two 15 minute breaks?

We are currently doing roughly 10 hour shifts. So if we’re doing a 10 hours day we’re here for 10.5 hours because lunch is unpaid. If we go 8 hours it’s 8.5 with lunch being unpaid. As for breaks we get 20 in the morning and 20 in the afternoon if we go ten you get an additional 10 minutes.

9 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Your explanation makes sense, gonna be a lot of old tooling to be removed here when the time comes.

Right, however they can take a bulldozer and rip everything out very quickly. 

Never forget the body shop at Dearborn Truck was gutted, rebuilt and back to production in 6 weeks. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Right, however they can take a bulldozer and rip everything out very quickly. 

Never forget the body shop at Dearborn Truck was gutted, rebuilt and back to production in 6 weeks. 

I’m not surprised F-150 is the most important product. The profit machine.