Unifor contract update

39 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The timeline never changed for the Mustang Mach E though and there was no indication of that happening-I believe that the redesign was done fairly early on in the process that it didn’t impact the launch date, outside of the pandemic. 

From what I understand, this is correct. Hackett told the team to start over when it was presented for final approval. 

27 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

From what I understand, this is correct. Hackett told the team to start over when it was presented for final approval. 

Which would have been C-Max EV design lock in which is roughly two years in.

The rework of that design does not mean going back to square one as only

proportions, top hat and crash protection zones need major rework.

The Timeline for MME began after that instruction to rework and reimagine as a Mustang.

So three years from then plus delay from covid. I am glad that Hackett and Farley had the

conviction to change direction, something Fields had no intention of doing.

Edited by jpd80

15 hours ago, jpd80 said:

But Coyote is not on that wider bore spacing and the 6.8 will be here in just over two years.

I think that Ford has already made that decision for you as the special line that makes the

5.2 V8 finishes in the next two years. The Coyote is a great engine but Ford is clearly going

in a different direction with with its apex performance engines.

I guess we'll see, if they go with a 6.8 version of the Godzilla I'll be very disappointed.  

A 6.8 Boss would be much better.  

24 minutes ago, ESP08 said:

I guess we'll see, if they go with a 6.8 version of the Godzilla I'll be very disappointed.  

A 6.8 Boss would be much better.  

Dias is on record as saying the 6.8 will be used in derivatives of F150 and Mustang from cy2022,

that's code for F150 Raptor and Shelby Mustangs. The 6.8 is definitely based on 7.3 engine architecture.

Edited by jpd80

36 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Dias is on record as saying the 6.8 will be used in derivatives of F150 and Mustang from cy2022,

that's code for F150 Raptor and Shelby Mustangs. The 6.8 is definitely based on 7.3 engine architecture.

Godzilla is loosely based on the Boss architecture, sharing the same 4.527 bore spacing.  

I listened to audio on automotive news Canada regarding Unifor contract and what vehicles we may get. I’m not trolling here but he mentioned the possibility of a 2 door and four door vehicle. We already know about the proposed 100000 unit forecast sales CUV, I wonder what 2 and 4 door vehicle they would make electric. What do you guys think??

11 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Thunderbird? Bronco?

If Ford decides to resurrect the Thunderbird nameplate at some point it certainly won't be anything that would compete with Mustang. Perhaps one of the "White Space" vehicles that we'll hear about sometime in the future, probably a new high end BEV.

BirdLand_Logo.jpg

Edited by ice-capades

1 minute ago, ice-capades said:

If Ford decides to resurrect the Thunderbird nameplate at some point it certainly won't be anything that would compete with Mustang. Perhaps one of the "White Space" vehicles that we'll hear about sometime in the future, probably a new high end BEV.

bird_P.bmp

Yeah that was my exact same thoughts...something in the $60+ range

4 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Yeah that was my exact same thoughts...something in the $60+ range

Agreed. Slotted above the Mustang Mach-E and very likely something that could be developed with a different model for Lincoln, sharing the development costs for what would probably be low volume production. 

44 minutes ago, akirby said:

Probably brand new ones.

I’m with you on that one even though anything is possible. I know Jeep is gonna start electrifying vehicles soon as well. I can’t see Bronco but maybe something new as you said.

Edge size BEV to OHAP is in the UAW agreement I believe.

I hope one of the new additional model at Oakville is a new Flex. Just imagine the concept of Flex reinvented on an EV skateboard chassis. It will be so spacious and dare I say luxurious interior with plenty of room for 6 or 7 people. And the Lincoln version with just 5 seats can be the new Continental. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bzcat said:

I hope one of the new additional model at Oakville is a new Flex. Just imagine the concept of Flex reinvented on an EV skateboard chassis. It will be so spacious and dare I say luxurious interior with plenty of room for 6 or 7 people. And the Lincoln version with just 5 seats can be the new Continental. 

Why cling to the Flex concept which hasn't ever been a success sales wise?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

BirdLand_Logo.jpg

Or, Falcon....

16 hours ago, bzcat said:

Reason I inquired about the BEVs is because automotive news US mentioned something about them being built with Mach-E going forward. I think that’s false information. Let the Flex Rest In Peace, I highly doubt Ford would resurrect it. Great vehicle, no advertising and love it or hate it styling. Imagine Ford projected 100000 unit sales a year I hope they don’t dump some bland crap in OAC and over project the potential sales!!!

Edited by Oacjay98

8 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

Reason I inquired about the BEVs is because automotive news US mentioned something about them being built with Mach-E going forward. I think that’s false information. Let the Flex Rest In Peace, I highly doubt Ford would resurrect it. Great vehicle, no advertising and love it or gate styling. Imagine Ford projected 100000 unit sales a year I hope they don’t dump some bland crap in OAC and over project the potential sales!!!

Absolutely false, Mach E is an orphan, Ford has moved on with ED for electric vehicles,

the mid sized EVs will have different motors, batteries and drive units.

On 10/7/2020 at 2:31 AM, jpd80 said:

Absolutely false, Mach E is an orphan, Ford has moved on with ED for electric vehicles,

the mid sized EVs will have different motors, batteries and drive units.

Feds, Ontario ante up $500M to produce EVs at Ford's Oakville plant

OTTAWA — The federal and Ontario governments are each chipping in more than $250 million to mass produce electric vehicles — and the batteries that power them — at Ford Motor Co.'s plant in Oakville, Ont.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Ontario Premier Doug Ford are to announce the joint investment today.

It is part of a three-year agreement worth nearly $2 billion that was announced last month between the automaker and Unifor, the union that represents autoworkers in Canada.

The premier is to be at the Oakville plant with representatives of the motor company for the announcement.

Trudeau and Unifor president Jerry Dias are to hook up with them virtually from the company's connectivity and innovation centre in the Ottawa suburb of Kanata.

The Oakville plant employs 3,400 Ford workers and Dias has said retooling the plant to produce electric vehicles will save 3,000 of those jobs.

From the Liberal government's perspective, the investment will not only help secure good-paying jobs in the struggling auto sector. It hopes it will give Canada an edge in the global competition to meet what's expected to be explosive demand for electric vehicles in the near future.

The investment is also part of the government's commitment to invest in the transition to a clean, renewable-energy economy, with the goal of reaching net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.

It has already committed more than $300 million to create a network of fast-charging stations for electric vehicles across the country. And it is providing incentives of up to $5,000 off the price of purchasing or leasing electric and hybrid vehicles.

The federal government also hopes the new investment will help boost home-grown mining companies that produce the nickel and other metals used to make the batteries for electric vehicles.

So are they moving Edge and Nautilus to C2 but building them elsewhere?  Or have they been cancelled in favor of BEVs?

They could easily move Nautilus to Louisville but I don’t think Louisville or Hermosillo would have enough room for Edge.

Or does new Fusion eventually replace Edge?

29 minutes ago, akirby said:

So are they moving Edge and Nautilus to C2 but building them elsewhere?  Or have they been cancelled in favor of BEVs?

They could easily move Nautilus to Louisville but I don’t think Louisville or Hermosillo would have enough room for Edge.

Or does new Fusion eventually replace Edge?

I have the same questions you have. Maybe they will move them to China and there will be no more edge nautilus in NA. I hope we get more info soon on allocation of these products.

6 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

I have the same questions you have. Maybe they will move them to China and there will be no more edge nautilus in NA. I hope we get more info soon on allocation of these products.

I have a hard time believing it’s financially feasible to import from China but who knows.  I guess it’s working for GM.