Infiniti QX60 monograph concept

T-dubz

5 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I actually really like it, but I’m just not a fan of Nissan interiors. Maybe there’s hope for this since they haven’t show of the interior yet.

I agree - they've made some strange interior designs.

43 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Is it me or does the green house rip off the look of the Aviator?

Otherwise looks pretty good

100% - first thing I thought as well.

18 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Armchair designers everywhere.  This concept looks pretty damn good.  If it was a Ford Edge/Lincoln most of you would be touting how unique it is.  But since the design and concept originated from a competitor, it must be a direct copy of some random design feature on a Lincoln.  

Someone shit in your Cheerios this morning?

19 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Armchair designers everywhere.  This concept looks pretty damn good.  If it was a Ford Edge/Lincoln most of you would be touting how unique it is.  But since the design and concept originated from a competitor, it must be a direct copy of some random design feature on a Lincoln.  

You’re right no resemblance at all.

image.thumb.jpeg.8aaed1e36a755dfac16ab171fea1b84f.jpeg

ED2F5ED7-0D1F-49A3-B338-EAF70DD8A1A3.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

I don't get this complaint - most of us said we like the design.  There's a particular element - the greenhouse - that looks similar to the Aviator, and we pointed that out.

Also, with Lincoln's former head designer now being Nissan's NA design director makes it not overly surprising there are some similar elements.  Plus, in general, all brands are pulling cues from other brands (the full width lightbar is perhaps the biggest one these days, and I hate that companies with no history of it are using it in a "me too!" manner).

11 hours ago, sullynd said:

I wonder if Infiniti will wise up about the Q names. Is this the replacement to the FX in the lineup? It’s FWD with the funky engine, right? I think it looks pretty good. 

Uh, no.  It's the replacement for the QX60.....hence the QX60 name.......

(The QX60 was the former JX - their 3 row FWD crossover.  For some inexplicable reason, it got the QX60 name, while the smaller FX got the QX70 name.

2017 Infiniti QX60 - NewCarTestDrive

6 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I don't get this complaint 

Not a complaint.  Stating the obvious.  This design has zero in common with a Lincoln.  Infinity did not “rip off” any design elements from Lincoln.  Other manufacturers had and have greenhouses that drop towards the rear of vehicles. 

46 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Uh, no.  It's the replacement for the QX60.....hence the QX60 name.......

(The QX60 was the former JX - their 3 row FWD crossover.  For some inexplicable reason, it got the QX60 name, while the smaller FX got the QX70 name.

2017 Infiniti QX60 - NewCarTestDrive

Thanks. I thought that at first, but it looks smaller than the JX/QX60 doesn’t it?

1 hour ago, 02MustangGT said:

Not a complaint.  Stating the obvious.  This design has zero in common with a Lincoln.  Infinity did not “rip off” any design elements from Lincoln.  Other manufacturers had and have greenhouses that drop towards the rear of vehicles. 

The way it tapers is similar, but yes, most vehicles are like that - but the inclusion of the chrome roof rail, and chrome beltline trim and upper window trim that terminates at the spoiler is similar.

24 minutes ago, sullynd said:

Thanks. I thought that at first, but it looks smaller than the JX/QX60 doesn’t it?

Maybe slightly.  Hard to tell.

image.thumb.jpeg.8aaed1e36a755dfac16ab171fea1b84f.jpeg

2020 INFINITI QX60 Luxury Crossover SUV | INFINITI Canada

3 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Which of course apes this:

s-l640.jpg

The RR is squared off.  They look nothing alike.

36 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

The way it tapers is similar, but yes, most vehicles are like that - but the inclusion of the chrome roof rail, and chrome beltline trim and upper window trim that terminates at the spoiler is similar.

The RR is squared off.  They look nothing alike.

This all started with this quote from silversvt: "Is it me or does the green house rip off the look of the Aviator?"

You ignored that quote and brought in beltlines, "flowing lines", etc. The Aviator draws from the Range Rover, simple as that. Too bad you can't admit it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

This all started with this quote from silversvt: "Is it me or does the green house rip off the look of the Aviator?"

You ignored that quote and brought in beltlines, "flowing lines", etc. The Aviator draws from the Range Rover, simple as that. Too bad you can't admit it.

You realize the greenhouse is the beltline up, right?

How does Aviator draw from Range Rover?   Range Rover's roofline is squared off, Aviator's is a single flowing swoop.  And the surfacing details are completely different on the bodies.

And yes, I brought up belt lines, and trim pieces because those add to the similarities between this Infiniti and the Aviator.