Mach E GT 0-60 in 3.7

2 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

https://www.motor1.com/news/445901/mustang-mach-e-gt-0-60/

It’s pretty fast. The article says it matches the model Y. I know the model y is it’s direct competitor, so that’s probably what they were gunning for, but with the mustang name and the much sportier looks, I was hoping it would be faster.

WHAT?

The 2020 GT500 "only" hits 0-60 a tenth of a second quicker.....so it boils down to the driver

6 hours ago, T-dubz said:

https://www.motor1.com/news/445901/mustang-mach-e-gt-0-60/

It’s pretty fast. The article says it matches the model Y. I know the model y is it’s direct competitor, so that’s probably what they were gunning for, but with the mustang name and the much sportier looks, I was hoping it would be faster.

Very few if any production Mustang coupes could match that time,

were you expecting, a Corvette like 2.8 seconds for the 0-60?

Maybe that is left to the Shelby version.....

46 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Very few if any production Mustang coupes could match that time,

were you expecting, a Corvette like 2.8 seconds for the 0-60?

Maybe that is left to the Shelby version.....

I’m not complaining about the speed at all. 3.7 seconds is faster than I’d ever need to go. What I’m saying is I would have expected ford to try and beat the model y. The model y has appliance looks and a boring name. The Mach e was given the mustang name and has more sports car looks. If you were to just look at them side by side, you’d expect the Mach e to be faster.

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I’m not complaining about the speed at all. 3.7 seconds is faster than I’d ever need to go. What I’m saying is I would have expected ford to try and beat the model y. The model y has appliance looks and a boring name. The Mach e was given the mustang name and has more sports car looks. If you were to just look at them side by side, you’d expect the Mach e to be faster.

Given that Tesla is supposed to be at least five years in front of everyone else,

GT MME matching the Tesla Y's performance is in itself a major  achievement 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

What are the odds that a Shelby version is in the works.....

Gawd, I hope not...I am still hoping against hope that this is a "one year only" name and by next year, they'll drop the Mustang and just call it Mach-E. Same when the Gran Torino Elite debuted in 1974....by 1975, they dropped the Gran Torino and called it simply Elite.

8 hours ago, jpd80 said:

What are the odds that a Shelby version is in the works.....

What are the odds the sun will rise again tomorrow? ?

I'm 100% sure bigger batteries and more powerful version of Mach E are already in the works. Battery techs are improving all the time so just by making sure they get newer cells, new build Mach E from the factory will gain performance throughout its production run as time goes. 2024 Mach E will out perform 2021 Mach E... there is no doubt about it. So at some point, Ford can reduce the battery size and still get the same baseline range and performance, or keep the battery size the same and launch more performance version. 

2 hours ago, bzcat said:

What are the odds the sun will rise again tomorrow? ?

I'm 100% sure bigger batteries and more powerful version of Mach E are already in the works. Battery techs are improving all the time so just by making sure they get newer cells, new build Mach E from the factory will gain performance throughout its production run as time goes. 2024 Mach E will out perform 2021 Mach E... there is no doubt about it. So at some point, Ford can reduce the battery size and still get the same baseline range and performance, or keep the battery size the same and launch more performance version. 

I was trying to be subtle in my response to Rmc's GTE50,  the Shelby version was hinted at over a years ago...

My concern is that today, it's so easy to put a lot of power in BEVs, that make them perform beyond the ability

of most regular owners. We'd think twice about putting a 760 HP engine in a utility but if you take evolutionary

progression path for performance, 760-1,000 HP is not out of the question if battery tech keeps advancing...

Also, did you catch that 21 Edge has Sync 4?

Not so impossible after all......

Edited by jpd80