New Fusion rendering?

18 minutes ago, akirby said:

Any chance they import it?

Maybe... Transit Connect sells roughly 50k a year so that's likely the bare minimum volume Ford will need to hit in the US to justify the import.

If they think they can move closer to 100k, they are better off building it in North America. 

Let say Maverick and Fusion combined is 150k... I think that would make sense to build both in Hermosillo. Add Bronco Sport to the mix and you have pretty high utilization without the need add incentive to maintain volume. 

4 hours ago, bzcat said:

Maybe... Transit Connect sells roughly 50k a year so that's likely the bare minimum volume Ford will need to hit in the US to justify the import.

If they think they can move closer to 100k, they are better off building it in North America. 

Let say Maverick and Fusion combined is 150k... I think that would make sense to build both in Hermosillo. Add Bronco Sport to the mix and you have pretty high utilization without the need add incentive to maintain volume. 

So is the Bronco Sport only going to be sold in North America along with the Maverick, or is it going to Central and South America also? 

Seems to me Hermosillo produced up to 350,000+ Fusions and MKZ's when Ford liked sedans. Hermosillo also has s lot of experience building hybrids and plugins. What a waste if neither gets hybrid model. 

Fusion is probably going to be available as hybrid and/or PHEV. Don't see why it wouldn't. 

Bronco Sport will be sold outside North America eventually. 

Maverick is a lock for South America. 

Transit Connect may still happen.

I see 300k C2 vehicles at Hermosillo if not more. 

11 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

More like Mexico or Flatrock. Since OAC is gonna be electric only unless this thing will be electric which I doubt.

I would hope Flat Rock, especially if they plan on keeping it open. Really, it's the only thing that would fit since Ford went "all SUVs all the time". The SUVs are all too tall to fit in the assembly line according to many Ford employees on the forum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

Many don't like this Ford styling, but so many love this - :confused:

Mazda.PNG

Well, I guess I'm green, slapping the sides of my head with my tongue hanging out, but yes, I do like the Mazda CX5 styling better than the Ford entry in the segment... That being said, I like the Fusion Active Evos whatever better than both.

2020_ford_escape_4dr-suv_titanium_fq_oem_1_1600.jpg

As an unabashed wagon fan, and Flex fan, I'm all for that rendering being accurate.  I was just fine with my Flex's "normal" liftover height when I was lugging amps and other music gear in and out of it, and its AWD was great for the often-slimy roads of the Northwest.  Plus, in a vehicle that I don't need to have off-road capability, I enjoy the lower center of gravity that I wouldn't have in an Explorer or similar CUV/SUV.

16 hours ago, bzcat said:

Adding the Fusion Active along with the Bronco Sport and Maverick and possible the Transit Connect would be a bit too much for the plant without adding a new body shop.  Hermillsilo is somewhat landlocked from what I understand.  Flat Rock will have an open body shop once Continental ends production.  

2 hours ago, Footballfan said:

Cuautitlan is a very small assembly plant- probably the smallest plant they have in NA.

Going by this...Cuautitlan is 4.3 Million Sq Ft

https://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford-motor-company-plants-facilities/ford-motor-company-mexico-plants-facilities/ford-motor-company-cuautitlan-plant-cuautitlan-mexico/

Hermosillo is much smaller? at 1.6 Million

https://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford-motor-company-plants-facilities/ford-motor-company-mexico-plants-facilities/ford-motor-company-hermosillo-assembly-plant-hermosillo-mexico/

Didn't Ford used to build trucks at Cuautitlan a long time ago (before Fiesta)?

I seem to recall Cuautitlan is capable of building a lot of vehicles and Ford had high hopes for Fiesta. It was supposed to supply both North and South America but the Mk6 Fiesta never gained traction in Brazil and Argentina and the sedan styling was so far off the mark that it basically flopped. As a result, Cuautitlan has been under utilized for a while. 

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

Didn't Ford used to build trucks at Cuautitlan a long time ago (before Fiesta)?

I seem to recall Cuautitlan is capable of building a lot of vehicles and Ford had high hopes for Fiesta. It was supposed to supply both North and South America but the Mk6 Fiesta never gained traction in Brazil and Argentina and the sedan styling was so far off the mark that it basically flopped. As a result, Cuautitlan has been under utilized for a while. 

That's an understatement to be sure. Cuautitlan and Flat Rock are almost like ghost plants as Ford keeps shrinking. Oakville is also underutilized with only Edge being a high volume seller. 

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

That's an understatement to be sure. Cuautitlan and Flat Rock are almost like ghost plants as Ford keeps shrinking. Oakville is also underutilized with only Edge being a high volume seller. 

Happy to be proven wrong but I'm not convinced that MME will be a big seller beyond initial orders.

Since Bronco reservations took off, Ford hasn't said all that much about MME ordering.

6 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Happy to be proven wrong but I'm not convinced that MME will be a big seller beyond initial orders.

Since Bronco reservations took off, Ford hasn't said all that much about MME ordering.

I'm skeptical also when you consider the premium price, limited range vs ICE, $2 gas, and a gas station on every corner. The Mach E is the future and Ford needs to be in it, but the question is how far in the future. Maybe 10 more years before there are charging stations on every corner. Also still dubious about cold weather states where you can go 6 weeks below freezing temps.

14 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I'm skeptical also when you consider the premium price, limited range vs ICE, $2 gas, and a gas station on every corner. The Mach E is the future and Ford needs to be in it, but the question is how far in the future. Maybe 10 more years before there are charging stations on every corner. Also still dubious about cold weather states where you can go 6 weeks below freezing temps.

Honestly, a good hybrid or PHEV is going to reach a lot more buyers,

take concern away for fuel costs and most buyers are happy with

a much less costly vehicle.

My concern with BEVs is that they are being pitched at premium buyers

even though Ford has said in the recent past that the cost of building BEVs

is now approaching the costs of building a comparable ICE vehicle.

They're trying to cash in on BEVs, not replace ICEs so there's that.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I stand corrected.  I was going by the employment numbers and according the Ford web site, Cuautitlan only has about 1,000 employees.

11 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Not much to talk about regarding the Mach-E until they actually start production, etc. and they start shipping vehicles to dealers. The real test will be the market reaction once the 2021 Mach-E is on the road, production capacity for the 2nd year, etc.