Only A Quarter Of Ford Ranger Customers Opt For Stock Look

https://www.motor1.com/news/446033/ford-ranger-customers-appearance-packages/

I usually always get an appearance package if it’s available so I am glad to see Ford paying attention to this. The ranger has lots of options to choose from. I hope Ford decides to add more appearance packages to its other vehicles, especially the bronco and sport.

Edited by T-dubz

6 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

That’s the beauty of these packages. Ford gets an inexpensive way to appeal to a wider audience, and make some extra money while doing it. 

Idk, I think a car should look good from the factory. If anything, the appearance package should be standard, and if someone really wants to cheap out they can delete it.

50 minutes ago, probowler said:

Idk, I think a car should look good from the factory. If anything, the appearance package should be standard, and if someone really wants to cheap out they can delete it.

They all look good, it’s just a matter of personal preference which one you prefer.  My XLT had at least 3 different options with sport chrome and special edition.

25 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

The STX Appearance Package (or whatever it’s called) on the XL is one hell of a deal.  $995 for dual zone, 8” display, wheels, etc.   

Thats an appearance package I can get behind because I get something tangible out of it in the bigger screen. That's why the black appearance package appeals to me so much because it makes the running boards and spray-in bedliner cheaper than buying them separately. The one problem I have with it personally is I think the wheels look like crap, especially on the color I want.

5 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The one problem I have with it personally is I think the wheels look like crap, especially on the color I want.

Which color do you prefer?   I like the wheels, but agree they may not look as good depending on the color of the truck.  That said, way better than the standard XL wheels (especially since the wheels are included in the $995 package price).  

5 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Which color do you prefer?   I like the wheels, but agree they may not look as good depending on the color of the truck.  That said, way better than the standard XL wheels (especially since the wheels are included in the $995 package price).  

It's not necessarily the color of the wheels but the design of the wheel itself. I think it's awful. I prefer the standard Lariat wheels with the painted pockets. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1