Mustang Mach E price drops for all models but GT

Just now, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've seen several preproduction units on the road lately. It's definitely grown on me and it's definitely better looking in person. It doesn't photograph well. 

Still kinda want one. 

I agree it doesn't photograph well. It has a stronger presence in person, and doesn't have the bubble look of the Model Y. 

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've seen several preproduction units on the road lately. It's definitely grown on me and it's definitely better looking in person. It doesn't photograph well. 

Still kinda want one. 

With the tax credit, the Mach e premium would be 39,500, which is cheaper than any bronco I’ve been looking at. What’s the resale like on electrics? Is it better to lease? Ford’s first entry in full BEV makes me a bit nervous to get the first model year.

Just now, T-dubz said:

With the tax credit, the Mach e premium would be 39,500, which is cheaper than any bronco I’ve been looking at. What’s the resale like on electrics? Is it better to lease? Ford’s first entry in full BEV makes me a bit nervous to get the first model year.

The only thing stopping me is the need for a truck. 

5 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Pretty much anything but the S looks terrible IMO...the 3 just looks cheap to me in most configurations. Looks low rent.

Plus when you have people doing this to them too:

q_fDsZqvAPdvvTJY7blHm7po_YMC5PWPMwpZkIB9cZvOTJBloQ9yI3ps8wieBFrCyWd0IXKov3dDwLSVJvz2E5yK3UFygs0mXObe-ruit88J70KWzyTjZWnM5fZKawlM_RgaTHPKoT3qWAWbwsWTf9qeNRMO04g_xxfzuBZpVJSgxMLECkD1BMU_XmjvRIOdNPidVSBGwsKayucqiOSOYQVOb-nYVzmjOFRhOkcuyc8S5J-6cUfVkYkKONtNKMwTHTSKMMKIbNWfgR8NJ4VvSGqLoP4ZuqwQ9Ns6-EBAq_BK1ZC8OAl3eETB7EEw_BI_BzskOSl55TXNdkHFzAbN-XrHRVyz-7U2Eio_rTyuZzmtXBqO75Z-Z2Ta4-oTay7-OXL7HMZfkRzGiw7WKu-dwwYmiB6GBpee3UN4Q0gY4Gi_7JE9nTCuXHy1iVAETCdjhhLfLzcf0E0_C4QtFgeD6vpjZqA7l-4XLQNdmqRyd5TnxOEHCnB8b3zTdCbohnFfMLlSrYN_Y83yxITvDAppE3gA_X82b-kUURWV2C2H12eP8kOIIQlebmi1NcQeklVhJJOMYuNXd9VJ_3nl8w8Wp4aydMlRzyAY4Wkf0FuOplu0OK_0qqNsSq9wXGLi99oSk70oTgA5exu1fr2E9xu4UhPtzzYCXS8_IK75RP6RwQ2DO0yp_DdNyR7CqiZKDKU=w1447-h1085-no?authuser=0

I thought the S looked better pre-facelift 

The front end of the 3/Y looks like a drunk frog 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Trader 10 said:

The price drop is a sure sign that Ford isn’t seeing the interest in the Mach E it thought it would. 

Yes sir, and it's no surprise. All incumbent automakers are having a difficult time coming up with good marketing strategies for BEV and hitting sales targets. Jaguar and Audi have big rebates on I-Pace and e-tron for example, beyond incentives governments are offering for BEV in general.

My wife and I are happy that at least $1,000 is coming back to our bank account for our Mach-E First Edition purchase!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Yes sir, and it's no surprise. All incumbent automakers are having a difficult time coming up with good marketing strategies for BEV and hitting sales targets. Jaguar and Audi have big rebates on I-Pace and e-tron for example, beyond incentives governments are offering for BEV in general.

My wife and I are happy that at least $1,000 is coming back to our bank account for our Mach-E First Edition purchase!

Local dealer near me has a 2017 Chevy Bolt for $18,000 and a 2018 Model 3 for $51,000. That says a lot.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've seen 1 Model Y on the road. It looks terrible.

I've seen about 10 - they're ok - better looking than the X, but that's not saying much.

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The only thing stopping me is the need for a truck. 

I've considered one too.....but I've had my eye on the Bronco for a while, plus I don't think I'm ready for an EV just yet - a hybrid, sure!  but not full EV.

5 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Well go be fair the gas powered luxury vehicles at those same price levels also have huge rebates as well.

I think this is aimed at Tesla, Ford is going for blood and while it couldn’t out produce Tesla model Y it can use the $7500 to its advantage. Tesla doesn’t have that luxury so now the model Y is 8-10k more. Mach-e with more features for 40k or model y for 50?

The Mach-e should be found to be a better car than the Model Y in comparisons. The biggest issue with the Mach-e is the charging network or lack of one. Ford needed to be pushing for more high capacity charging locations along freeways. 

11 hours ago, sullynd said:

I do wonder how many Mach-E reservations ultimately switched to Bronco. I know I considered switching, but decided it will replace my Edge eventually instead. 

My problem is the range, I need 350 miles on a full charge that way in the winter I can still get~ 270 miles for the 245 mile drive to my other house. The price difference with the reduction is huge though, there is going to be a 10K+ difference between a Bronco and a Mach-E.

12 hours ago, sullynd said:

I do wonder how many Mach-E reservations ultimately switched to Bronco. I know I considered switching, but decided it will replace my Edge eventually instead. 

That's not something that Ford will disclose. You may have considered switching but I think that you're one of the few. They're totally different vehicles appealing to different markets. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I've seen about 10 - they're ok - better looking than the X, but that's not saying much.

I've considered one too.....but I've had my eye on the Bronco for a while, plus I don't think I'm ready for an EV just yet - a hybrid, sure!  but not full EV.

I'm going to guess that most.who buy the Mach E are retirees who will do all their charging in their garages and live in warmer areas. Teslas are very prevalent here in FL with retirees. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I'm going to guess that most.who buy the Mach E are retirees who will do all their charging in their garages and live in warmer areas. Teslas are very prevalent here in FL with retirees. 

Sorry but I don't agree. In my CT town, I pass at least 2-3 Tesla's on the road every day and the drivers that I've seen aren't retirees. 

Mach-E's first year production is limited to only 50,000 vehicles with half of that being for export to Europe for BEV compliance issues. Like most other all-new vehicles, a large portion of the initial buyers are the impulse buyers or those that can afford to be politically correct in the eyes of others. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Sorry but I don't agree. In my CT town, I pass at least 2-3 Tesla's on the road every day and the drivers that I've seen aren't retirees. 

Mach-E's first year production is limited to only 50,000 vehicles with half of that being for export to Europe for BEV compliance issues. Like most other all-new vehicles, a large portion of the initial buyers are the impulse buyers or those that can afford to be politically correct in the eyes of others. 

As has been stated, Tesla has the charging infrastructure in place and those who commute and live in apartments can easily recharge. 

Ford doesn't have much of charging infrastructure in place and will have to use their single family home garages to do most of their charging. Thus my statement about Mach E getting big look from wealthy retirees. And Tesla is very popular here with FROGS and Snowbirders. 

16 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Ford doesn't have much of charging infrastructure in place and will have to use their single family home garages to do most of their charging.

Wrong again.  FordPass has access to over 13,500 charging stations across the country.  Check the map for your area.

https://www.ford.com/buy-site-wide-content/overlays/mach-e-overlays/public-charging/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1