Expedition STX new for 2021

On 10/3/2020 at 10:57 AM, CKNSLS said:

Take a guess as to what that seat actually adds to the price of the vehicle (If the seat and only the seat was on the "base model"  without having to take the shine and glam options). Divide that by 5 or 7 years of financing. The difference is minuscule.  

It's an existing fleet base model that been given a quick tizz for retail buyers and if people want a third row,

Ford directs them to the XLT with power fold/ retract.The base is made down to a price for a reason and

that's to make people buy higher trims to get what they want.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, probowler said:

Jesus.... 50k for an XL????

In what universe is a base expy worth 50k...

Just look at the prices for comparable vehicles in the same class. The Expedition XL series is forecast to be only 6% of production and is in place to serve a specific customer base at a lower/entry level price. 

2 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

A universe where GM and Ford make a ton of profit off full sized utilities,

they do it because people will pay to get what they want.

Yeah, that's a fair point. The market will provide what the people want.

Personally I wouldn't pay that much! But I also don't need that much truck either.... so it's not really for me anyway.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 4:13 PM, CKNSLS said:

How many people look at the Expedition and say-"I wish it only sat Five"................

There are many people that would rather have the extra cargo room than the 3rd-row seat. Overlanders, businesses, people using it for towing, etc. Why pay for something you never use.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 1:42 AM, probowler said:

Jesus.... 50k for an XL????

In what universe is a base expy worth 50k...

"I remember when a loaf of bread was a nickel." You do know a Model T would be $28,000 at today's rate of inflation.

n-GRUMPY-OLD-MEN-628x314.jpg

Edited by MY93SHO

On 10/11/2020 at 4:34 PM, probowler said:

Personally I wouldn't pay that much! But I also don't need that much truck either.... so it's not really for me anyway.

Good points probowler sir. But that's the thing with the full size BOF SUV and full size LD pickup truck markets. A large portion, probably majority, of their customers are very wealthy people seeking a status symbol. They'll pay whatever the market is asking. The actual capabilities and specs of the vehicles aren't important, as long as they can tow and haul people and stuff reasonably well. What matters is that full size BOF SUVs and full size pickups are 2 of the most prestigious vehicle categories out there right now.

Edited by rperez817

10 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Good points probowler sir. But that's the thing with the full size BOF SUV and full size LD pickup truck markets. A large portion, probably majority, of their customers are very wealthy people seeking a status symbol. They'll pay whatever the market is asking. The actual capabilities and specs of the vehicles aren't important, as long as they can tow and haul people and stuff reasonably well. What matters is that full size BOF SUVs and full size pickups are 2 of the most prestigious vehicle categories out there right now.

but even then there is a limit....former extended family used to buy Escalades prior to the last redesign and price hike...they tapped out and downgraded to a Tahoe.  

6 hours ago, rperez817 said:

There's a post on Bronco6G right now about a full-size Bronco rumor. Apparently the thinking is Ford can tap into that demand and provide a full-size bronco and excursion based on the F150 platform.

Doesn't sound very credible, but it would be cool! And the market seems to be trending that way... though I do agree with Silver that there is a limit.

15 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

former extended family used to buy Escalades prior to the last redesign and price hike...they tapped out and downgraded to a Tahoe.  

A newer Tahoe in some ways would actually be an "upgrade" over an older Escalade. Especially if the Tahoe is 2 or more generations newer than the Escalades your family used to have.

51 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

A newer Tahoe in some ways would actually be an "upgrade" over an older Escalade. Especially if the Tahoe is 2 or more generations newer than the Escalades your family used to have.

With both pickup trucks and SUVs, Ford, Chevy, and especially GMC have moved upmarket in a big way over the past 20 years. This Monday's Automotive News had an article about how GMC's Denali and AT4 subbrands are among the hottest "luxury" automobiles in the market right now.  https://www.autonews.com/sales/top-dollar-subbrands-boost-gmc-over-cadillac

"Detroit's biggest seller of luxury vehicles isn't Cadillac anymore. It's GMC.

GMC's high-end Denali and AT4 lines are outselling General Motors' traditional luxury brand in the U.S. this year, according to figures from GM and the Automotive News Data Center. The automaker is building on Denali's ability to command luxury prices by expanding the AT4 off-road subbrand and planning a pair of high-performance electric vehicles that will revive the Hummer name.

"People are coming in writing $80,000 to $90,000 checks for these trucks," said Inder Dosanjh, dealer principal at Dublin Buick-GMC and Fremont Buick-GMC in the San Francisco Bay area. "There's so much demand out there."

"It's not even a question of buyers' willingness to pay what GM is asking. It's a matter of who has them."

Edited by rperez817

56 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

They where upgrading every couple years...it wasn't that old. 

6 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

With both pickup trucks and SUVs, Ford, Chevy, and especially GMC have moved upmarket in a big way over the past 20 years. This Monday's Automotive News had an article about how GMC's Denali and AT4 subbrands are among the hottest "luxury" automobiles in the market right now.  https://www.autonews.com/sales/top-dollar-subbrands-boost-gmc-over-cadillac

The thing is the last time I saw the definition of Luxury in the automotive market-it was something that was over 30K, maybe 40K.

With that said, Ford would be technically the biggest luxury automotive manufacture on F-series sales alone . 

Pricing for ALL cars and trucks has gone up dramatically over the past 10-15 years. A fully loaded 2006 Mustang GT was $29K (well without automatic)...now the starting price is higher then that and a loaded one is $50k+. 

33 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

A fully loaded 2006 Mustang GT was $29K (well without automatic)...now the starting price is higher then that and a loaded one is $50k+. 

$29k in 2006 is $37.4k in 2020 U.S. dollars. Fully loaded 2006 Mustang GT has fewer amenities than 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with 2.3L High Performance Package, which goes for about $37k in terms of current pricing. And the 2006 Mustang GT would get whipped by the 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with 2.3L High Performance Package on every performance measure.

New car customers never had it as good as now.

Edited by rperez817

11 hours ago, probowler said:

There's a post on Bronco6G right now about a full-size Bronco rumor. Apparently the thinking is Ford can tap into that demand and provide a full-size bronco and excursion based on the F150 platform.

Doesn't sound very credible, but it would be cool! And the market seems to be trending that way... though I do agree with Silver that there is a limit.

I think I’d like an explorer sized bronco. The bronco is the same width as the edge (75.9”) and the explorer feels much larger than the edge to me even though it’s only a few inches wider (78.9”). I think an explorer sized bronco would be the perfect size. 

An f150 sized bronco would be cool too, but that just too big for my needs.