Jump to content

None






T-dubz

Expedition STX new for 2021

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, T-dubz said:


I think I’d like an explorer sized bronco. The bronco is the same width as the edge (75.9”) and the explorer feels much larger than the edge to me even though it’s only a few inches wider (78.9”). I think an explorer sized bronco would be the perfect size. 
 

An f150 sized bronco would be cool too, but that just too big for my needs.


F150 is only 1 inch wider than Explorer.  (79.9)

Edited by akirby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rperez817 said:

 

$29k in 2006 is $37.4k in 2020 U.S. dollars. Fully loaded 2006 Mustang GT has fewer amenities than 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with 2.3L High Performance Package, which goes for about $37k in terms of current pricing. And the 2006 Mustang GT would get whipped by the 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with 2.3L High Performance Package on every performance measure.

 

I left the year out-when the 2009/2010 MCE came out the price went up $10-15K over the 2006. Yes it had the 2006 options "standard" but I don't think some of the additions where worth 10K. 

 

I wasn't talking about the S550. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, T-dubz said:


I think I’d like an explorer sized bronco. The bronco is the same width as the edge (75.9”) and the explorer feels much larger than the edge to me even though it’s only a few inches wider (78.9”). I think an explorer sized bronco would be the perfect size. 
 

An f150 sized bronco would be cool too, but that just too big for my needs.

The reason that the Explorer feels a lot bigger than the Edge is because it's almost as wide as an F150 (re akirby's post)

The disadvantage with using CD6 is unitary construction when a full sized Bronco is expected to have a separate frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I don't think that a fullsize Bronco is in the cards right now, I'd have to imagine that Ford would at least consider making one because of how much attention the Bronco has gotten and the desire to make many Bronco options.

 

I would assume sales of the regular Bronco family would have to be great. But, if SUVs and off-roading continue picking up steam, I say why not? (Barring production limitations, etc.).

 

I'd love a big Bronco option!

 

But the only thing I recall testing that could possibly be related was the single-cab Raptor... did we ever figure out what that was for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, akirby said:


F150 is only 1 inch wider than Explorer.  (79.9)

 

Not sure how that's possible - F-150's cabin is massive, feels so much bigger than Explorer's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rmc523 said:

 

Not sure how that's possible - F-150's cabin is massive, feels so much bigger than Explorer's.

 

The F-150 has a lot more head and sholder room then an Explorer does 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rmc523 said:

 

Not sure how that's possible - F-150's cabin is massive, feels so much bigger than Explorer's.


Just going by Wikipedia specs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

 

The F-150 has a lot more head and sholder room then an Explorer does 

 

 

 

The center console alone is nearly double the size in F-series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

 

The center console alone is nearly double the size in F-series.


I confirmed the widths on Ford.com.  There is 6 inches more shoulder room in the F-150.  Must be in the doors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, akirby said:


I confirmed the widths on Ford.com.  There is 6 inches more shoulder room in the F-150.  Must be in the doors.

 

Yeah, I looked it up too, I'm just very surprised by it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea when B&P should be up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Broncofan7 said:

While I don't think that a fullsize Bronco is in the cards right now, I'd have to imagine that Ford would at least consider making one because of how much attention the Bronco has gotten and the desire to make many Bronco options.

 

I would assume sales of the regular Bronco family would have to be great. But, if SUVs and off-roading continue picking up steam, I say why not? (Barring production limitations, etc.).

 

I'd love a big Bronco option!

 

But the only thing I recall testing that could possibly be related was the single-cab Raptor... did we ever figure out what that was for?

That was a cobbled together body on a Powertrain mule for Bronco Raptor/Warthog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

That was a cobbled together body on a Powertrain mule for Bronco Raptor/Warthog.

 

I thought it was the Baja Bronco R?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zgxtreme said:

Any idea when B&P should be up?

 

Ha, don't bring that up.

 

At first Mike Levine said "by September" (he subsequently had to "clarify" to where "by" somehow includes September), and then it has since become "in October" (the latest rumor was Oct 13), but we're not here on the 15th and nothing.

 

I'm at the point where I don't believe anything said about when it's potentially arriving, and it'll just show up when it shows up.  Reportedly the dealer switch deadline has been pushed out to January 31st, 2021 now as well (it was Oct. 31st - in 2 weeks).  I haven't received anything official from Ford about that date change, but folks at 6g have talked to multiple Ford-associated people that have all corroborated the Jan 31st change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

 

I thought it was the Baja Bronco R?

 

IIRC, that’s an off road race only vehicle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

That was a cobbled together body on a Powertrain mule for Bronco Raptor/Warthog.

 

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

 

I thought it was the Baja Bronco R?

 

 

That's interesting. I never knew that there subsequent information came out on it. Thank you both for your input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, people were assuming that it was a SWB F-150 

but didn’t realise how wide the more radical broncos are,

big wheels, short nose gave it away.

Edited by jpd80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

 

Ha, don't bring that up.

 

At first Mike Levine said "by September" (he subsequently had to "clarify" to where "by" somehow includes September), and then it has since become "in October" (the latest rumor was Oct 13), but we're not here on the 15th and nothing.

 

I'm at the point where I don't believe anything said about when it's potentially arriving, and it'll just show up when it shows up.  Reportedly the dealer switch deadline has been pushed out to January 31st, 2021 now as well (it was Oct. 31st - in 2 weeks).  I haven't received anything official from Ford about that date change, but folks at 6g have talked to multiple Ford-associated people that have all corroborated the Jan 31st change.


My bad, given the discussion had migrated toward the Bronco,  should’ve specified the B&P for the 2021 Expedition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, zgxtreme said:


My bad, given the discussion had migrated toward the Bronco,  should’ve specified the B&P for the 2021 Expedition. 

 

It's all good, my mind was in Bronco mode when reading it lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 9:31 AM, silvrsvt said:

 

The thing is the last time I saw the definition of Luxury in the automotive market-it was something that was over 30K, maybe 40K.

 

With that said, Ford would be technically the biggest luxury automotive manufacture on F-series sales alone . 

 

Pricing for ALL cars and trucks has gone up dramatically over the past 10-15 years. A fully loaded 2006 Mustang GT was $29K (well without automatic)...now the starting price is higher then that and a loaded one is $50k+. 

And Mustang's sales are a great deal lower as a result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

And Mustang's sales are a great deal lower as a result.

 

Year sold
2005 160,975
2006 166,530
2007 134,626
2008 91,251
2009 66,623
2010 73,716
2011 70,438
2012 90,706
2013 77,186
2014 82,635
2015 122,349
2016 105,932
2017 81,866
2018 75,842
2019 72,489
2020 47,637

 

Given that the 2005 was the first all new Mustang in nearly 30 years, its not that bad. 

 

The 2015 did pretty well also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

 

Year sold
2005 160,975
2006 166,530
2007 134,626
2008 91,251
2009 66,623
2010 73,716
2011 70,438
2012 90,706
2013 77,186
2014 82,635
2015 122,349
2016 105,932
2017 81,866
2018 75,842
2019 72,489
2020 47,637

 

Given that the 2005 was the first all new Mustang in nearly 30 years, its not that bad. 

 

The 2015 did pretty well also. 

Imagine if instead of car sales, that was the money you make in your yearly income. You were much happier to make 165,000 in 2005 than 72,000 in 2019 for the same work. hahaha.

 

But seriously, I know that stopped me from buying new. I'm not paying double for a car that is almost the same as my 2012 in performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, atomcat68 said:

Imagine if instead of car sales, that was the money you make in your yearly income. You were much happier to make 165,000 in 2005 than 72,000 in 2019 for the same work. hahaha.

 

But seriously, I know that stopped me from buying new. I'm not paying double for a car that is almost the same as my 2012 in performance. 


You can’t look at it that way.  If the price actually doubled then Ford made the same Revenue on half the sales and therefore a lot less cost so they pocketed a lot more cash on the lower sales volume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, akirby said:


You can’t look at it that way.  If the price actually doubled then Ford made the same Revenue on half the sales and therefore a lot less cost so they pocketed a lot more cash on the lower sales volume.

 

Agreed. With Mustang though, these are just NA sales numbers and don't reflect Mustang production and sales for the export markets which are a substantial part of Flat Rock's operation. And those Mustang's built for export are packaged differently and priced a lot higher than those for the domestic market. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×