Ford Q3 2020 Sales Results

On 10/7/2020 at 4:53 PM, jpd80 said:

I’m left with the feeling that a future Ecosport will be a Mahindra based vehicle and probably dedicated to markets like India and whatever springs from that.

I hope not.  I have a C-Max and waiting on an EcoSport PHEV for a replacement in a couple of years...

Edited by tarheels23

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

I've seen customers with horrible credit history or problems elsewhere that Ford Credit approved on a new vehicle because their previous payment history with Ford Credit was good. For the entry level buyers starting out it's an opportunity to establish a relationship with them and potential future sales. For the credit challenged customers, it's a situation that Ford Credit looks at on a case by case basis weighing the credit history, money down, equity in the new vehicle, etc.   

Thank you for sharing your dealership perspective on this ice-capades sir. That makes sense. Plus, delinquency rates for automobile loans are very low. Only 0.65% of car loans with a balance (new and used cars) and 0.39% of new car loans from automakers' captive finance companies were 60 days or more delinquent in Q1 2020 according to Experian. Delinquency rates do vary by state, with 4 southern states (Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia, and Maryland) having rates between 1 and 2%.

image.thumb.png.e14f8b93fb7ae3e0c21101567b83dd88.png

On 10/9/2020 at 1:12 PM, rperez817 said:

CX-5 uses Mazda's SkyActiv platform, which had no involvement from Ford. 2020 CX-5 is on the second generation of that platform.

The platform or chassis is designated KE for first generation models, the second generation units are referred to as KF. SkyActiv is what Manda calls their engine designs.

• Like 2