Lincoln Aviator 2021 Colors

Jack10559

During the last few months the press has been talking about "what's new" for the 2021 Aviator.  Of the few new items I expected the color of aviation blue to be added to the aviator line. It turns out that aviation blue can only be selected if your order a reserve or black label aviator. It you order a grand touring it is not available. Does that make any sense?

J

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone have a picture (as opposed to mock-up) of Ocean Drive Blue on an Aviator?

There remains a niggly feeling in my mind that Flight Blue has too much green in it. I've only ever seen an actual 8 1/2 x 11 piece of the paint. I like navy, like grey blues but I don't want a car that looks teal most of the time. 

6 minutes ago, Mithras said:

Does anyone have a picture (as opposed to mock-up) of Ocean Drive Blue on an Aviator?

There remains a niggly feeling in my mind that Flight Blue has too much green in it. I've only ever seen an actual 8 1/2 x 11 piece of the paint. I like navy, like grey blues but I don't want a car that looks teal most of the time. 

like this?  https://www.ogdenlincolnofwestmont.com/new/5LM5J7XC6MGL03592.htm

HRG

Yes, but I think that's still computer generated isn't it? Dealer photos are usually great because they don't spend the time color enhancing it like corporate photos or ones from a magazine. That's initially what had me excited about the flight blue, it looked like a dark blue with grey tones, then you see undoctored photos and it has a huge amount of green in it. 

Some of the Ocean Drive mock-ups (or the same code on other cars as shown elsewhere) have it looking much more silverish, some even a bit lavender. 

2 hours ago, Mithras said:

Yes, but I think that's still computer generated isn't it?

That's strange - those are computer generated (look at the other ones - they're all identical except the color).  And my local dealer is the same just with a different background.  I've never seen that before. 

7 hours ago, Mithras said:

Ocean Drive Blue is Lincoln's name for Ford's new Infinite Blue... they both have the same color code, (AB).  The best photo I've found that shows what it should actually look like is on this Mach-E: 

ford-mustang.jpeg

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

That's strange - those are computer generated (look at the other ones - they're all identical except the color).  And my local dealer is the same just with a different background.  I've never seen that before. 

I've noticed that most dealers around me have started using these generic images with thier fixed background in the past year or so... but a few dealers are sticking with their own multiple photos of the actual car.  The actual photos are way better for online comparison shopping.  The computer images are useless.

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mithras said:

When I was at the 2020 Toronto Auto Show they had a 2021 Corsair GT PHEV on display in Flight Blue (See photos below)  It definitely doesn't have any green tones, it is a grey-blue hue and depending on the angle of view and the lighting it gives you more of a grey or blue look.  From far away it doesn't look that blue at all it looks more like magnetic.  Either way it's an awesome color, we ordered a Mach E Premium in Infinite Blue which is supposed to be the same color on the Ford side.

IMG_2855.JPG

IMG_2856.JPG

IMG_2857.JPG

Edited by rampagex7

5 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

Ocean Drive Blue is Lincoln's name for Ford's new Infinite Blue... they both have the same color code, (AB).  The best photo I've found that shows what it should actually look like is on this Mach-E: 

Damn, I thought Ford Infinite blue was the same as Lincoln Flight blue (at least that's what the dealer told me) and now after seeing your post I just looked it up the paint codes myself and you're right they are different. 

I was expecting our Mach E to look like the Corsair in Flight blue now this Infinite blue/Ocean Drive blue (AB code) is going to look completely different.  I found a video of an Explorer ST in Infinite Blue: