UAW issues 'very unusual' memo for 2021 Ford F-150 production

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

Firing management works to an extent. However, you can take a great manager and put them in a bad situation and watch them fail. I am not there so I only know from what I've read here and what has been in the press. Now, I have spoken to a few employees over the years and I didn't get a rosy picture from that either.

This is a totally speculative hypothesis. If you have a plant manager that realizes the only way he is going to produce any sort of positive results is to "work with the" union reps and employees, what do you think they are going to do? Turn their head to things that shouldn't be happening. Not report egregious HR issues. Allowing bad behavior to continue. If the plant manager does raise a stink, they face the wrath of a unified union reps and employees that will exploit every UAW protection to produce terrible results that look bad on them.

I've said this before, the attitude in Illinois with unionized workers seems to be different from what I experienced in Michigan. It's a fact the UAW is corrupt. It's a fact that the Illinois government is also very corrupt. Not sure if this is why CAP still exists (shrugs)?.You would think with Ford eating millions in lawsuits, lost revenue and terrible publicity that they would've had this addressed by now. Especially in the day and age we live in today

Understood, but you don’t refuse to meet with the head of your division.  In fact you should be communicating more with upper MGT to come up with solutions.

• Like 1

Sometimes these foul up are caused by people not responding in time because they just don't know

or don't have the experience to perceive that a problem is happening or about to happen and just don't

react in time.......leads  to my "superior" runs around in circles  but hasn't got a clue how to fix a problem,

if I "carry him" by fixing the problem, they'll promote him and we'll never get rid of him.....