What does a 2021 DORA look like?

HofstraJet

3 hours ago, HofstraJet said:

Dealer is telling me this is my DORA. My understanding is that this is the VOC. Dealer isn't thrilled that I keep pushing. Any thoughts? Thanks!

As Flying stead, it has all the information on it.

I would only add that technically (yes, a technicality), what you have is only a "Preview" of an order, and clearly states so. It is not technically a "DORA", since a DORA is a "Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement", and a "Preview" is not yet actually an Order Receipt Acknowledgement.

Among other things, a Dealer could also print up a "DORA" preview, which looks exactly like a DORA but has not been input for order yet.

So technically (again), what you have is not necessarily proof that an order was actually placed and received/acknowledged. But in general, there is no reason for a Dealer to hold an order. They simply may place orders on certain days etc., so gave you the "Preview".

Good luck.

4 hours ago, Flying68 said:

What is it that you are looking for?  I has your order number on it, and all the options with pricing.  That is pretty much all you get after ordering.

Dora confirms the order was placed with Ford.  The preview does not.  Depends how much you trust your dealer.

15 hours ago, HofstraJet said:

Dealer is telling me this is my DORA. My understanding is that this is the VOC. Dealer isn't thrilled that I keep pushing. Any thoughts? Thanks!

image.thumb.png.3e8e39f3fe0b76f0ad9cb787a5a06860.png

This image is not a DORA but the preview image generated through the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Order) system. The only practical difference is that scheduled orders will include the "Ship To" information with the dealership address. Calling up the order display in the WBDO system for a scheduled order is still labeled as a "Preview" though. The preview image includes all of the information included on the traditional DORA, it's just not labeled as such. 

The traditional DORA's are generated through the old CONCEPS ordering system which is now only used for fleet order entry and other functions. DORA's are sent each night to the dealership's terminal which the dealership can then print out. That print out is the only document that will show a DORA header and is basically obsolete at this point as order status is available 24/7 via the WBDO system and Vehicle Visibility. For many years I maintained a DORA book for every order (Stock, Retail & Fleet) in our dealership's order bank that I would update on a regular basis. I eliminated the DORA book last year because it was too time consuming, generated a lot of paperwork and was just too inefficient with the online resources available. 

Hope this helps!

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Extremely helpful, @ice-capades. Thank you. Any suggestions as to when I should start asking my dealer to check to see if a “ship to” is included indicating it’s been scheduled or a VIN?

EDIT: Dealer just sent me, unprompted, the updated preview showing my VIN and scheduled week (12/14). Wonder if he’s following this thread. ?

Edited by HofstraJet
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 1:26 PM, HofstraJet said:

Extremely helpful, @ice-capades. Thank you. Any suggestions as to when I should start asking my dealer to check to see if a “ship to” is included indicating it’s been scheduled or a VIN?

EDIT: Dealer just sent me, unprompted, the updated preview showing my VIN and scheduled week (12/14). Wonder if he’s following this thread. ?

Will this have Sync 4? I'll be curious your thoughts on that, if so. 

3 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I would recommend checking the order guide although it seems that some of the recent order guides don't include all the updated content. 

Not in the market for a 2021 with a 2020 sitting in the garage, but was just curious. Thank you, yes, that is a good idea. 

• Like 1