My Cadillac loaners verus the BL Nautilus

So, I've had the chance to drive a Cadillac XT4 and a XT6 while my ELR was getting a part. The XT4 is really below a Nautilus so I won't even go there because you already know how that turned out. But Ive had a XT6 for the last 3 days. I think it's a worthy competitor to the Nautilus. So wanted to compare that to our 2020 BL Nautilus.

The good is that the XT6 drives well, soaks up bumps well, is very peppy and has lots of tech. Is it up to the BL? Nope, not by a long shot. The Cadillac seems flimsy and a facade of niceness which looks very strained to reach. You get into a BL and it's obvious the materials are so much nicer. The XT6 seats can't compare either by a wide margin. It sounded like a Toyota, and looked very BMWish as far as control look. And actually not as nice as the nicer BMW's I driven. In all, the Nautilus blows away the XT6. The only thing the Cadillac has that's better is the ACC. I've tried the ACC on both XT4 and XT6 and personally think they work a lot better than the Lincolns. Our ACC on our Nautilus is downright scary sometimes and seems pretty aggressive. I don't feel that way in the Cadillac. I wish there was some way to get it a little more conservative or mellow it out. I guess there's a chance that ours isn't working right? But it's been that way since day one, and it does work, but not so nicey-nicey.

I let me wife decide without saying anything. She gave it a lookover in and out. I tell you what, she appreciates her Nautilus way more now. ?

• Like 2

You get into a BL and it's obvious the materials are so much nicer. 

I agree.  Every time i open my door it's the wow factor (Chalet). Love everything wrapped in leather, especially the dash.  Don't know what it is with leather dashes, fell in love with that feature when i first saw them on the 1978 Diamond Jubilee's and again on the T-Bird Heritage and special edition Ranchero for 1979.

You mentioned about blacking out your grill, with the monochrome available now are you going to install one of those grills?

• Like 2

We haven't done anything on the blackened grill. My wife says now she's okay with the stock one, but someday i would sure like to go black. It appears as per someone else's post that monochromatic packages will be available for the Nautilus so if that true, then a already factory blackened grill will be available as a part number perhaps. I think that would be the way to go and just swap. But I'm pretty sure that they're not going to give them away, and the service dept said it's like a 4 to 5 hour job to get the grill out... hmmm, well that's what they said anyway. I don't know if painting would work or not but there's no way I'd go any sort of vinyl wrap, even if it could be done. There's just not enough surface area to stick to.

The big one for both of us was going total black powder coated wheels. So she's happy. ?

We also have the Chalet interior.

Edited by Deafsoundguy
Just because

Yes, both the Nautilus and XT5 are two row, XT6 is a three row.  IMHO none of the XT6/Enclave/Traverse can compete with the Aviator.  Aviator is in a class of it's own especially the Black Label edition.  The GMC Acadia is a three row but smaller then it's GM cousin's which makes it slightly longer but narrower then the Nautilus.