Explorer PI Hybrid

3 hours ago, twintornados said:

6.7L Powerstroke is not built by International. Maybe you could do a 7.3L Godzilla crate motor drop in when that 6.4 shits out...

Yeah, I worded that poorly. I realize the 6.7 is in house, just saying it hasn't affected my brand loyalty some how lol

I prefer diesel for the work load these trucks see, but with the terrible fuel mileage it doesn't make much financial sense with the 6.4. I hear the 6.7 has much better fuel economy though.

2 hours ago, FR739 said:

Thank you.  That’s all I was trying to say.  

Crazy though that you’re on your 2nd 6.4 in 120k miles.   I didn’t realize the 6.4 was that bad. 

It lost the turbos around 98k, egr thing a little before that, needed a radiator, then I think it was around 105 the bottom end went. It was a plow truck during the winter when we plowed and other than that it has a 30ft enclosed trailer hooked to it all the time pulling lawn equipment so it hasn't had an easy life, but most trouble we ever had out of any of the 7.3 superdutys was the glow plug relays and a few transmission issues. They both rotted away from plow truck life before 200k miles though.

My 96 daily cost me some money last year, but I'll never complain about putting money into a truck that gave me 360k+ miles before needing anything.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 8:54 AM, Captainp4 said:

My 96 daily cost me some money last year, but I'll never complain about putting money into a truck that gave me 360k+ miles before needing anything.

And that right there proves my point.  There’s a reason 7.3L powered vehicles are so much more expensive than 6.0/6.4 vehicles

• Like 1