SHR #14

blksn8k2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I see Larson has been reinstated by NASCAR. Now the bidding war begins...

I really have no personal preference between Larson and Briscoe. They are both very talented drivers from similar backgrounds although Larson obviously has more Cup experience. Larson will need buy-in not only from the team owner(s) but from sponsors and the manufacturer and that could be a huge stumbling block. Briscoe is already a Ford development driver and, possibly more importantly, with no known social baggage. Hell, most of us have probably said worse things without knowing any better than what Larson did and with no more ill intent than he had. They just weren't out there for the whole world to hear at exactly the wrong time or in a sport that isn't exactly known for its diversity.

I guess I should have read the NASCAR news before I made that last post. lol

I was listening to the NASCAR channel on Sirius just now and they were interviewing Briscoe about getting the ride in the 14 car. Also a pretty cool story about his racing background and how he has made it this far.

But before that they were talking to Roger Penske about multiple racing subjects including the fact that NASCAR will be running the Indy road course next year. One interesting comment he made about drivers was that even though Debenedetto will not be in the 21 car in '22 that does not necessarily mean he will not still be with Penske. He didn't come right out and say it but I'm sure he was hinting at the fact that Keselowski has only signed a one year deal.