2020 F-250 diesel 10 speed transmission question

Hello all, new to this forum but not new to the F-250 XLT diesel trucks.  First one was a 1990 7.3 air aspirated, number two was a 2002 7.3 turbo and the third is a 2020 6.7 turbo with the ten speed transmission.

Since the first one was a manual four speed, it doesn't fit in my question but the second does as it was an automatic transmission.

I find that this new 6.7 diesel/ten speed auto seems to take a long time to coast down when approaching a stop light or sign, in fact it takes more than double the space to do so as opposed to my old 2002.  I'm very conservative when it comes to braking but this current long distance coasting characteristic in the new 2020 is not to my liking.  Is this normal or do I need to let Ford look at it?     

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, nickel plate said:

Who can come aboard that has this 10 speed transmission that ghosts slowly and coasts from 10 speed to 9-8-7-6-5 etc. for MANY brake unnecessarily touch ups to a complete stop??  Lots of un-needed  wear and tear on the breaking.   

Has NOTHING to do with the trans and everything to do with eliminating drag. This saves fuel because the further you coast, the less fuel you use. IF you want the engine/trans to help slow, use Manual mode and manually downshift it yourself or use tow-haul mode. 

• 1 month later...

Hey Nickel Plate, hopefully your still monitoring this topic. I bought the 2020 f350 6.7 liter and I think I know what your talking about. I tow and use the exhaust brake and it doesn't seem to slow the truck down as quickly as the previous gen transmission with fewer gears. I've driven an earlier F250 towing the same trailer and I would swear the exhaust brake and transmission seem to slow me down faster than the new truck. And before someone else posts, yes I'm in tow mode as well.