Powertrain Malfunction message

RIcky Ranger

Today, after taking my 2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2 on a very short jaunt to get gas, it wouldn’t start. A quick message flashed and the truck went dead. After a few tries with no response, the truck started. I noticed the cruise control wouldn’t work. A little wrench symbol appeared. I figured that was a maintenance reminder as the truck has 18,200 miles on it. When I got home I checked FordPass and there was a message indicating a Powertrain Malfunction and directing me to take the truck in to have it checked. Other than a bad fuel injector being replaced right after I Boulder the truck new, it runs great. Any idea what would cause it not to start and give a Powertrain Malfunction message? 

If you really want to have some idea, go buy a cheap OBDII scanner and read the code(s).

I always do this, as many times I get the "could not reproduce" tag if there is no codes (or if whatever is wrong, is not super easily apparent).

Could be a whole bunch of different things, no one is going to be able to diagnose from your description.