Jump to content

None






ice-capades

2021 Mustang Order Guide

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Jonnymustang said:

Hi, figured it out not able to view or download on my cellphone

 

It's not the file... I just checked the file and it's fine and no one else has reported any problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I've done the pricing of the base Mach and all the options.  I priced mine out with my Inv. Mgr. and it came to...gulp!

$59,390 to include Delivery.  More than I thought going back to the early days of "wondering!"

 

This is an automatic, with every option, including an optional "Y spoke wheel" that I didn't know about for $395.  Looks 

much better than the ugly stock wheel.  The App. Pkg....FJG with the orange trim we've all seen is $1,000.  

 

So, what this tells me, for those that want the Hand. Pkg car.....with all goodies...you will def. go past $60K.  wow.

 

Just for comparison I had him price out a:  GT Prem, 401A, auto, PP1 with all options and it comes to approx. $56,400.  I say that

since the B&O audio system didn't come up for some reason.  So, about $3K more for the Mach, base with ALL options.  

 

And, since it comes with summer tires I'll need to put my Mich. Pilot Sport A/S 3+'s on like I have on my '19 GT.  More cost there, so

I'd be over $60K with the tires.  I think my GM will buy the tires off the Mach, so that will help off set the tire costs.  He's done that before.

 

Just more than I expected for a base car...even though it's fully loaded with all avail options.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was expecting around $60k for what I’m looking at. I won’t be getting the auto trans, or the navigation, but I will be adding the handling package (I’m figuring $1500-$2000 for that). So, I’m right around what I expected. Also, the “base” Mach 1 is pretty loaded as it is. And the fact that the additional safety features are now on every model helps with the insurance bill too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeG76 said:

I was expecting around $60k for what I’m looking at. I won’t be getting the auto trans, or the navigation, but I will be adding the handling package (I’m figuring $1500-$2000 for that). So, I’m right around what I expected. Also, the “base” Mach 1 is pretty loaded as it is. And the fact that the additional safety features are now on every model helps with the insurance bill too.

 

Yeah, you might be right on that for a HP car without Navi.  Yes, the base Mach has most of the basics that the HP car has.  I just need the auto trans.

Ins. I don't worry too much about.  I'm older, no wrecks, no tickets, and super low miles driven...so my discounts are many!  LOL!  Multi auto discount, and

home insured same company also helps.  Sometimes I hesitate on "should I do it?"  It's not the $$, I just have a really nice '19 GT Prem, Cal. Spec. with 

some great mods with just under 1,200 miles.  It could sit in the showroom.  Knowing my GM he would put it there.  He has with other cool 'Stangs that 

were like new.   But, I've done this before.  Just like cars too much!!   Fell in love with the all new Acura MDX that will come out soon.  Acura showed it today.

I have a '19 MDX.  This all new one blows mine away...and mine is great.  But, I'm going to get the new one!  Wife loves it too.  So, looks like 2 new cars

by the Spring...or before.  Mach should be in around March time frame I'm guessing.  IF they get started building on Jan. 4th as they have said earlier.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m 44 with a clean driving record, so insurance for myself and my fiancé is not bad on our other vehicle (2019 TrailBoss LT), but I also carry an umbrella policy to cover my daughters (19 and 20) on the rare occasion they use the truck, or a major accident that their insurance doesn’t fully cover. I had priced out insurance on a 2020 with and without the additional safety features, and it was significantly different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JoeG76 said:

 

 

Edited by DoogieUSA
posted no comment, still getting use to the forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if it would be possible to put in a Mach 1 order now, then add the Handling Pack to the order later when it's available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello JoeG76.  I'm at $60,000 as well without the handling package.  That is a very good question.  I will be in contact with my sales manager to see if I can also do just that.  Will let you know.  My build as follows: 6 speed manual, 700A Deluxe Package, Elite Package, Appearance Package, Nav, Wheels 64S in place of base.  Just waiting for cost of the HP.  Your thoughts? 

Edited by DoogieUSA
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DoogieUSA said:

Hello JoeG76.  I'm at $60,000 as well without the handling package.  That is a very good question.  I will be in contact with my sales manager to see if I can also do just that.  Will let you know.  My build as follows: 6 speed manual, 700A Deluxe Package, Elite Package, Appearance Package, Nav, Wheels 64S in place of base.  Just waiting for cost of the HP.  Your thoughts? 

 

Thanks, I'm looking at the same with the exception of the Nav package. Got a deposit down already and just waiting on the HP info. I'm on with Ford chat now, they're trying to figure it out as well. I'll post if the chat comes up with anything useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great.....Thanks JoeG76.  I have my sales manager on it as well.  On second thought I may scratch the Nav as well.  I don't even use it on my Lexus. By the way, how much was your deposit?  My dealer is being fair and offering the sale at MSRP.  Your thoughts?

Edited by DoogieUSA
addition to post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Handling Package Coming Soon


The Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package features track-ready components and tuning to elevate both agility and appearance. This package's availability is Spring 2021.


Included in Handling Package:

•    19 " x 10.5" (front) and19" x 11" (rear) Dark Tarnish-painted aluminum wheels
•    Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 summer-compound  tires from Shelby GT350R
•    Adjustable top strut mounts
•    Rear wing/spoiler with Gurney flap
•    Performance front aero splitter
•    Revised chassis tuning

 

The Handling Package was in Ford's preview information but is not included in the 2021 Mustang Order Guide for the Mach 1, not even as a "Late Availability" option which is how it would normally be handled. 

 

In addition, orders with the Handling Package won't get scheduled until it becomes available. It's also very likely to be treated as a "Controlled Commodity" and only available to a limited number of Dealers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DoogieUSA said:

Great.....Thanks JoeG76.  I have my sales manager on it as well.  On second thought I may scratch the Nav as well.  I don't even use it on my Lexus. By the way, how much was your deposit?  My dealer is being fair and offering the sale at MSRP.  Your thoughts?

 

I had put down $1k in August to hold MSRP and Priority 10. That's just to hold it, I'll be paying 20% + tax once the order is confirmed and I have a VIN Number. I think MSRP is very good on these. Most dealers I've talked to want $10k+ ADM. The dealer around the corner from my house, where I bought my first mustang from, wants $25k ADM ($35k on GT500's). So, if you can get MSRP, go for it. As far as NAV goes, I find Apple Play a lot easier than the built in nav I had in my Audi. Just set it up to use Google maps or Waze, the Apple maps are horrible for driving (I was routed the wrong way down one way streets multiple times, in different neighborhoods, on a recent trip to Boston). And, if you're in an area without good cell coverage, you can pre-download the latest maps before you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your detailed input JoeG76.  Any luck with ford on the HP package details with Ford?  What do you think about ice-capades recent reply regarding the HP package?  Interesting to say the least if true.  Our rides are going to be practically identical.  Are you going with the standard wheels with no upgrade?  Only other set offered in the order guide.  Not sure of the up cost though.  Still waiting for that info.  Let me know if you can still order everything minus the HP to be cued to decide to add on at a later date.  Best of luck man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DoogieUSA said:

Thanks for your detailed input JoeG76.  Any luck with ford on the HP package details with Ford?  What do you think about ice-capades recent reply regarding the HP package?  Interesting to say the least if true.  Our rides are going to be practically identical.  Are you going with the standard wheels with no upgrade?  Only other set offered in the order guide.  Not sure of the up cost though.  Still waiting for that info.  Let me know if you can still order everything minus the HP to be cued to decide to add on at a later date.  Best of luck man.

 

Ice-capades just said there is a $1,000 Gas Guzzler Tax, that showed up on the Mustang Price LIst...just out.  That's it for me.  I'm done.  My build w/o HP is now

at $60,390.  Not worth it any more to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DoogieUSA said:

Thanks for your detailed input JoeG76.  Any luck with ford on the HP package details with Ford?  What do you think about ice-capades recent reply regarding the HP package?  Interesting to say the least if true.  Our rides are going to be practically identical.  Are you going with the standard wheels with no upgrade?  Only other set offered in the order guide.  Not sure of the up cost though.  Still waiting for that info.  Let me know if you can still order everything minus the HP to be cued to decide to add on at a later date.  Best of luck man.

No problem, happy my limited info could help! For the wheels, I’m going to wait for the HP package and get those wheels. If you’re not going with the HP package, the alternate wheels look better to me. I saw someone had priced them, it’s either $495 or $695, I think $495. They almost look like the PP2 wheels, which are nice. As far as ice-capades comment, he has a ton of experience and insight into the Ford world. The regional rep assured my dealership that they would get a HP allocation, so I’m not too worried about that. With Covid, I can see how specific pets may not be available right away, which leads to the delays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your not kidding are you.  If true I may just follow your lead.  Of course I will have to confirm with my dealer.  Just another bump in the road to take it or leave it when I have that bonified.  Whats another thou if your spending 60.  Any more surprises than I would delete the HP as you have decided to do.  I'm holding out to see if this holds true.  I'm still in it to win it.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DoogieUSA said:

Your not kidding are you.  If true I may just follow your lead.  Of course I will have to confirm with my dealer.  Just another bump in the road to take it or leave it when I have that bonified.  Whats another thou if your spending 60.  Any more surprises than I would delete the HP as you have decided to do.  I'm holding out to see if this holds true.  I'm still in it to win it.  

 

 

NO....The Mustang Price List was just released.  The Tax was on it.  The Price List was not out yesterday.  My dealer couldn't find it, but, he could build a car

and get prices, BUT, it didn't show the Tax.  The Bullitt had the tax so, I guess it's true...and......I'm outa here.  Done, I'll find another "something."  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Ford, like many companies, is trying not to over promise until they have all the parts supply for the HP package locked down. I was figuring the Mach 1 wouldn’t start until Job 2 (like the PP2 was when first released). So, waiting for another month or two isn’t a big deal. I did do the chat (which hadn’t even heard of the Mach 1) and called the number they sent me to, and nobody had any new info.

 

As a side note, I spent 3 hours on the phone with Ford this morning playing phone tag about the order status web site that everyone seems to have problems with. I found the issues and fixed them, and I just wanted to send them the fix. Long story short, they couldn’t find someone for me to talk to and told me “unofficially” I could post my own fix somewhere for people to use. So, I’m making it into an app that I’ll post in the next week or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cobra9498 said:

 

NO....The Mustang Price List was just released.  The Tax was on it.  The Price List was not out yesterday.  My dealer couldn't find it, but, he could build a car

and get prices, BUT, it didn't show the Tax.  The Bullitt had the tax so, I guess it's true...and......I'm outa here.  Done, I'll find another "something."  


I was expecting the gas guzzler tax, but I’m surprised it isn’t higher. I’m also expecting that premium fuel will be required as well. It’s kind of surprising that a normal GT doesn’t have the tax when many competitors do, but that may be something the Ford engineers are conscious of when doing tweaks year to year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JoeG76 said:


I was expecting the gas guzzler tax, but I’m surprised it isn’t higher. I’m also expecting that premium fuel will be required as well. It’s kind of surprising that a normal GT doesn’t have the tax when many competitors do, but that may be something the Ford engineers are conscious of when doing tweaks year to year.

 

I guess I should have known, but, I forgot that the Bullitt had it, and then I would have asked about the Mach.  But, that puts my build, a loaded base to $60,390.

I can afford it, but, I can get a GT Prem, 401A, PP1, auto, with all options for almost $4K less AND I know my dealer will give me a deal at just over Invoice, so, that's

just something that might make more sense.  Plus I've got options on the interior color, those optional PP wheels I've always liked, etc, etc.  Sometimes thinking 

about that build, that I already did to compare to the Mach, just starts to make some sense, and save a few thousand $$.  Room then to do full body dual stripes, 

and whatever else.  Opens up possibilities.  OR....keep my '19 GT Prem, 401A, Cal Spec, that is still basically new with 1,200 miles!  Decisions, decisions.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it is a tough decision, especially if you’re not planning on tracking the car. The money saved on a 10 speed PP1 gives you lots of options for the same price. And for a little more than the gas guzzler tax you can get a ford performance package and be at the same power as the Mach 1, with a full warranty. For my vehicle, it will be a testbed and show piece for my company (https://locusautomotive.com) We had picked the company colors a few weeks before the Mach 1 was announced, and they happen to be the same colors as the Appearance Package (gray, black and orange), so that helps too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×