USB A and C Use Simultaneously

Obed96

We have the Aviator reserve ll with a rear bench. Because of this, the 2nd row only has the the dual USB A and C outlet.  We have two children with iPads and a cable of each type plugged into the bottom of the main console. 

We have noticed that the iPads randomly stop charging. If I unplug them both for about 30 seconds, then plug back in,  they start charging again. I’m wondering if this is as designed, or if I should talk to the dealer. According to the OM, it is a 5A fuse, so it should be able to handle two iPads @ 2.1 amps each. Also, the iPads will only pull whatever the outlet is capable of sending (even if it is 500mV). 

I know that I can use the 115V AC outlet, but I would prefer to stick to DC as the inverter is very inefficient when converting AC to DC and vise versa.  

Any thoughts or ideas?

As an update for anyone that might find this issue- My dealer says that both USB ports are supposed to function simultaneously, so my USB module is faulty. They are replacing it under warranty. Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.