Hard to start

TG Howard

Hello everyone, it's great to be part of this forum. Just recently (3 weeks ago) my 2011 F250 Super Duty 6.7 started to crank harder ( it turns over roughly 3 times ) before it fires up. It used to fire up as soon as I turned the key. I have checked both batteries, cleaned the terminals and checked cables. Nothing helps just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks TG

When you say "turns over roughly 3 times" do you mean that it takes 3 times of cycling the key?

The ambient air temp where I'm at dropped a lot, so glowplugs are going to become more necessary. Are the plugs good? Did you recently refuel and it started doing this? 

Beyond that, it is scan tool time with an experienced wrench behind it. 

No not cycling the key.

Since I have had the truck I turn the key on let gauges return to zero and as soon turn the key to start position it fires up. Now as of three weeks ago when I turn the key on let gauges return to zero turn the key to start and hold it there the engine turns over very slowly three or four times then fires up. It runs excellent, check engine light is NOT on. It just cranks slow. How do you check the glow plugs  to make sure they are working properly