Refreshed 2022 Lincoln Navigator Spied

15 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Let me guess...it will have same curved touch screen as the new Escalade. Or it better have for $100,000.

Maybe not curved but it needs something different. I never cared for the Escalade but I will admit that the screen is stunning. 

• Like 1

So, I don't expect a huge change up front.

Looks like a new lower bumper covering with the foglights being raised up higher.  The headlights look like the current units carrying over.  I'm sure we'll see a revised grille mesh to mimic Aviator too.

Out back I expect bigger changes - the bumper is new, with the reflectors being higher up.  The lighting is where I think the biggest change will happen -The liftgate looks all new.  I expect the lightbar to "flip" from the current one and be flat on top (the existing one is flat on bottom, and notches at the top), raising in the center to the license plate, which is now higher up than before.  This would match the Aviator and Corsair look.

Inside, I wouldn't expect drastic changes, either, but this is more of a guess since there were no interior shots there......I do see a new center screen arriving - a larger, wider one, but honestly don't expect many changes beyond that.  That's one of the few good things about the tablet design, is that it allows you to insert larger screens down the road and not have redesign the entire dash to accommodate them.

Also, this wouldn't come until a full redesign, but they need to hide that rear wiper like they did on Aviator.....it's an eyesore.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Black Label said:

The way Lincoln dealers treat me, I may have to, sadly, make that switch next time around. And, that has been one of my issues is slow infotainment startup. ?

I would suggest thoroughly testing it out before you pull the trigger on it. 

• Like 1

With some body and refinement polishing(better nvh, better rough road ride, quieter), better tech and functionality, and better build quality, this should keep it st or near top of the class.  Im sure now that gm and jeep showed their cards, ford can tune their suvs accordingly.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Black Label said:

Well, I have detailed them in a thread or 2 in Navigator threads on this forum, so I don't want to bore everyone and derail the thread. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I can tell you. The quick version is Sync 3 issues. 

Fair enough.  I’ll see if I can find them.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

With some body and refinement polishing(better nvh, better rough road ride, quieter), better tech and functionality, and better build quality, this should keep it st or near top of the class.  Im sure now that gm and jeep showed their cards, ford can tune their suvs accordingly.

I have had the impression that "Reviews" from the "experts" over the years have been critical of Ford for copying GM, but the few 2021 GM SUVs I have seen, at initial glance I thought were either an Expedition or Navigator. I agree with you, freshen up a few things, but the current gen was a knockout design.

I always though that was weird.  To me, gm always played catch up to ford with design and features, but when the third gens came out, gm used all their money on design, while ford used all theirs on function.  The fords were better trucks, but the gms were more attractive to buyers.  Even the 4th gens fords look more like range rovers to me.  Parked next to my dads 4th gen escalade, there were hardly any similarities.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 10:07 PM, Black Label said:

I'll be in this Navigator a few more years, then, unfortunately for the US makes, I will probably go to a make that will treat me well. 

Well I would hate to see you go, but I would like to think you aren’t at the dealership often.  I get your point though.